2001 Pontiac Montana

19 city / 26 hwy

Overall

Same as Venture

by BB from Rhinelander, WI | March 5, 2013

Problems with heat/cooling, electrical, torque converter. This model year seems to have several issues with the heating system (heater core gets plugged up) very costly to repair (a lot of labor). Also, if car has traction control, look out for repairs here too.

Montana

by tonjamkj from | October 4, 2011

Great vehicle for the money. Has lots of room. Comfortable. Reliable vehicle that gets great gas milage for a minivan.

I used for every thing

by KHA from Augusta,Ga | June 23, 2011

I bought the 2001 Montana used with 92K miles on it. This is the first time for me using Van. I like it,Montana, easy to drive,comfortable,and safe.

The biggest rip off

by ticked off montana owner from new berlin wisconsin | December 14, 2010

I BOUGHT A USED 2001 PONTIAC MONTANA IN AUGUST OF 2010. I had it one month and the overdrive stopped working on the transmission. Now that is cold out i am having electrical issues. The service traction controll light comes on, and when I apply the brakes the turn signals light up. I wish I would have never bought the pontiac montana.

Excellent - Can't Beat it for the Price

by GTO Guy from Madison, WI | June 18, 2009

I bought the 2001 Montana used with 30K miles on it over the 2001 Honda Odyssey because you simply can not beat the value of the Pontiac. Not only was it $5000 cheaper than the Honda (which had 50K miles to begin with) but this van ran trouble free for over 100K miles. We took it everywhere. With over 120K on it, I ran a Kelly blue book check on the Montana against the Honda and the Honda is not worth all that much more than the Montana. Honestly, I don't know how someone can justify buying a Honda and a Toyota over the Montana especially when you are paying a premium for nothing.

Very comfortable, and excellent gas mileage

by Queen of Sheba from Grand Junction, CO | March 5, 2009

I bought this car with 95,000 miles on it. It has taken me on long trips and around town. We had a family reunion and drove everyone everywhere in it. I think it is a beaut. Had a few repairs, but so with all other cars/vehicles I have owned. Must sell it now for a 4 wheel drive to get up our 45 degree slant drive in the winter, but am sorry to see it go. I got 26 to 27 miles per gallon on the road and about 22-23 mpg in town. I have enjoyed owning it!!

old reliable

by bre from | February 26, 2009

my husband was in a car accident in my montana mini van. We believe the air bags saved his life. I would definatly recommend this van to a friend. Matter of fact im looking to purchase a new one now.

LAST G.M. I'LL OWN!!!!!!!!!!

by UNHAPPY from CALGARY ALBERTA CANADA | September 1, 2008

I'VE OWNED MY 2001 PONT. MONTANA FOR 4 YRS.I'VE NEVER OWENED A CAR AS BADE AS THIS FOR REPAIRS.I'VE OWENED THIS MINI VAN THIS LONG BECAUSE I GOT A EXTENDED WARRENTY BUT SINCE IT IS OVER SO IS MY OWNERSHIP OF THIS PIECE OF JUNK.DO NOT BUY THIS VAN AT ANY PRICE......I'VE HEARD THE NEW ONES ARE EVEN WOST......

Featured Services for this Pontiac Montana