2002 Pontiac Montana

2002 Pontiac Montana

Available in 6 styles:  2002 Pontiac Montana Passenger Van shown

Overall

best all round family vehicle

by family man car guy from Monroe, WI | October 3, 2011

we have owned a Pontiac Montana Lux AWD for about four years. It is a great family vehicle. I bought it for the all wheel drive to replace our suv and get 24mpg hwy with more room and comfortable seating, with six reclining seats. It also has the dvd/tv system which is great for traveling with 4 kids and touring tires with air ride suspension for a great ride. The Pontiac Montana also has a sporty performance feel of a Pontiac Grand Prix I once owned, with the same tires and similar motor it gives the exciting performance and handling desired by a car guy like me while accommidating a family of six.

awesome minivan!

by cool minivan poconos pa from poconos, PA | October 17, 2010

I was a little outraged when i read some of these reviews. It does sound like some of these people let their children beat these minivans to death. This minivan is great, coming from a family of 3, a mom and two kids (18,20) Because we all drive, we actually fight over who gets to drive this minivan on our family outings because it drives so nice. Living in the Poconos of PA, we rely on this van to get around in the winter through snow and ice storms and it has never failed us! It really runs like a champ, i have never had a problem with this van and the power sliding doors are great! we take this van on road trips and we fill it up with friends just to go to dinner! its great all around!

Horrible

by What idiot came up with this idea? from | August 12, 2010

Bought it used and its been down hill from there. Thank God we bought a warranty because it has covered more than $9000 in repairs. I, especially in recent years, have not felt safe driving this vehicle. The interior is falling apart such as the cup holder front broke off a while ago and on the driver and 2nd row driver side seat, the plastic around the back lever has or is about to break off. Also the plastic on the back of the second row seats has broken off. The 2nd row drivers side passenger seat's back does not adjust any more. Also happened to two other seats but those were fixed. The power sliding door does not operate as a power sliding door because it wont close unless you do it manually. Also the weather stripping falls off as if it were meant to. Also the power steering fails periodically. This is a car you would want to stay away from. It is poorly built and bounces and leans in the turns as if it had no suspension. GM really screwed up on this one and has lost a customer.

9 years with one major flaw!

by Giving it Straight from Portland, IN | March 28, 2010

The vehicle was a good dependable vehicle for several years. Then, the heat went out. Found out the head gasket was bad and $800 bill. Repaired and it lasted 2 years. Then had to replace again. Know someone that has had it replaced 3 times. Otherwise, it has been a good vehicle for the last 90,000 miles mostly in town driving or short trips up to 1 1/2 hours with a few long trips.

We loved this van!But....

by ny guy from New york,NY | March 9, 2010

We had this van for over 6 years.Great for long trips,comfortable,good on gas.But...Head gasket blown twice.had to change the head too.$3800 total.My advice change the termostat every year.Even then it's not garanteed it won't happen to you.For handleing change chocks and strouts It cost around $1000.Finaly be easy on the tranny 2nd gear started hitting around 120000miles.If you don't mind spendig money at your mechanic,this car is for you.I put all the expenses together I could have leased a new car.

Not happy with it...

by ME from PA | August 3, 2009

I bought brand new fully loaded special edition. I wanted Versatrak AWD but it was hard to find. I settled for Traction Control but it is worthless. (my mom has a Rendezvous with versatrak and the rendezvous is a great vehicle and the awd is great). My wipers have NEVER worked right. My A/C quit, it swayed horribly. The 3.4 need 2 gaskets replaced the power doors only worked when they wanted to. It was a beautiful vehicle but I could not get it to run without problems. I really do not drive it much anymore.

Great Minivan for the price I paid!!

by Minivan Mom from Indianapolis, IN | June 1, 2009

Just bought this pre-owned, over the weekend. So far, I love it!! Drives great on city streets and highway. Love the dual sliding doors (I have 2 boys, 8 & 5) Wish it had a little more interior cargo space and "seating leg room" for adults when the seats are in place. But if you have smaller kids, the bucket seats are great for removing and cleaning purposes. No need to move "huge" bench seats in and out, just the ones you have to... Definitely recommend if you're looking to buy, at least check this out and test drive it.

Love this van!

by Taxi Mom from Bloomington, MN | February 15, 2008

I love this van. It's reliable and handles great. The only thing is the seats are not comfortable for me. Perhaps it would be more comfortable for a person taller than 5'4".

Roomy

by sporty from Albany NY | January 15, 2008

this van is very quiet where ever you are sitting and it is very roomy and it does great in snow with all- wheel- drive (AWD) it is very nice to have if you have more than two kids i love the automatic sliding doors and the DVD player for the back. the one that we got has everything and they look awesome in red/ burgundy.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Montana