2004 Pontiac Montana

$713–$8,481

Overall

Excellent MiniVan

by Mark Andre from Redford, MI | June 27, 2014

I purchased a blue and gold 2004 Pontiac Montana from Sellers Renew in Waterford, MI and I cannot describe how happy I am with my purchase. This is truly a fabulous performing vehicle, especially for a minivan. I've found myself outrunning Ford Freestars and Winstars and the occassional Dodge Caravan. Plenty of space and very comfortable for short or long trips. Not too bad on gas (17 city/ 24 hwy), great on oil, easy to maintain if you can work on your own car. Great Vehicle!

2004 Montana

by Barry from | February 17, 2013

We have had our van since new and have been very happy with it. Major problems we have are: rocker panels rusted out. We replaced one and will replace the other this year. A/C lines developed holes so we had them capped off. Otherwise, minor bugs for a 9 year old vehicle, but it hasn't left us on the side of the road. A comfortable drive. I am happy with it.

Glad we got it

by Pastor Baptist Church from Calcium, NY | March 1, 2010

I have no problems at this point with this vehicle. Best we have owned so far. Only thing I would like different is mp3 capability. We are in extreme weather, and it handles great. Blower doesn't blow out air fast, even with new filter.

My second Montana Van

by van people from Shaunavon Sask. Canada | January 28, 2009

Love my Montana Van , I just wished that I had looked for and extended Van ( that is what I had before,) Also a few more luxeries, like : pover seats , pover door, thermometer and compass, oh well next time . I used to have an extended Montana , and liked it quite a bit better, what we own now is a regular size Van , which does hardly have any storage in the back,one little row for grocery bags is all. And believe you me those seats are not as easy as they are shown to remove , Just you try to haul the seats into the garage and then back again All in all the van performs well has enough power, and is reasonable in gas consumption ,but best of all the price was right. I love it............ but would get an extended Van in a few years. We need a Van for my husband to sit up a little higher , for the door post being further ahead , which it is in the Montana , moreso than other vans . it is easier to get into a Montana Van after 5 hip replacements than any other.

Awesome family van!!

by Alaska Family 5 from North Pole, AK | November 12, 2007

My husband and I bought this van when I was pregnant with our third boy, anticipating the need for enough space for 3 car seats. We were looking for a used vehicle that would seat our family and visiting grandparents (at least 7 seats), with AWD (we live in North Pole, Alaska), and preferably something that would allow us to place all three car seats in the same row (our kids are almost 4, almost 2, and newborn). We found what we were looking for with this van! It is the only one I found used in our town with AWD that seats 8. The space is wonderful! We can fit all three large car seats in the middle row for easy access to buckle the boys in. There is plenty of room to move a car seat to the back row so that visiting grandparents can sit comfortably, too. The middle row is all captain's chairs and the end seats of the middle row easily fold up for quick access to the back row or any of the middle seats can just as easily be removed. The back row folds flat for extra storage for strollers, pets, or anything else. The AWD works even better than expected. We purchased Blizzaks for winter use and the tires combined with the AWD give us so much security and confidence on the road. I am entirely comfortable driving our snowy roads this winter. We have had 10 inches of snow this season and, whether on snow, ice, or dry pavement, this van handles perfectly. Additionally, the interior is well designed. There are ample lights throughout. My oldest son especially enjoys the rear cup holders. The dashboard is well lit and easy to see and understand. The driver's area is comfortable for me (5'5") and my 6'2" husband. The rear heat works great and the rear heat controls are very convenient. Our sliding passenger door is automatic, which is a nice feature during our cold days when my hands are full of babies and groceries. The driver's side sliding door is not automatic, but it has not been a problem. Overall, this van has been a wonderful surprise and a great buy! We love it!

Sometimes the best sometimes the worst

by Minivan King from LA CAlafornia | September 13, 2007

My montana sometimes got me accross the USA, and sometimes stalls half way to work (Which is 20 minutes away) So I guess it is an Ok car MOST OF THE TIME!!!

Excellent Minivan

by Bob from Moncks Corner, SC | June 27, 2007

I liked the fact that the Montana didn't follow the bubble shape that other minivans looked like. The square shape gives for MUCH more head and cargo room. I truly enjoy my Montana. Engine is very reliable with routine maintenance and is also very comfortable on long trips. The seats are easy to remove and replace. I would HIGHLY recommend the Montana.

A Good Van

by Katie from Chicago Il | September 29, 2006

I bought mine new in 2004 and in 2 years have had no problems with the van. The engine has been very reliable and the combined city/highway gas mileage is averaging 19.9 MPG.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Montana