2006 Pontiac Solstice

20 city / 28 hwy

Overall

Cool, Fun, Affordable

by Easy E from Las Vegas, NV. | November 30, 2011

The Solstice is my first convertible after owning Mazda, Volvo, Mercedes and other vehicles; (all the others were either a coupe, station wagon or sedan). My Solstice IS NOT a daily driver and would not recommend it because people can be really abusive/envious by dinging it. But anyway, it's fun to drive (top up or down), economical (gas, insurance), and can handle any road condition. I really did my research and bought the Solstice because of maintenance and affordability. I have not been disappointed. I'm 6'1"/190 and can in-n-out. Like all concept vehicles some can be a hit or a miss. I think the Solstice is a hit/over the fence, and now may be a collector. A good buy and NOT overally expensive for what it offers. After 2 yrs with the '06, and driving it on weekends and days off I can get MORE than what I paid for it ( now with 25,500 miles)..so I'm happy with it.

Not for spoiled teens

by Grandma from San Jose, CA | November 7, 2011

This is a ride that only a mature adult can really appreciate. Who wants a bunch of people in your car when you want to cruise up and down the Pacific Coast Highway? Room for your dog or spouse and weekend luggage. A great boost!

It's Just a Car. Nothing Special.

by Michael from Louisville, Ky | October 9, 2011

Well, I purchased this car when I turned 16 a year and a half ago and I thought it was absolutely amazing. It really is a reliable car, with some few minor things aside. It is a beautiful car and I often get compliments on it. Mine has practically every option and I do have to give GM credit, the two tone leather seats are pure quality. However, the radio has no base so it's hard to listen to some kinds of music. Go ahead and forget trunk space as there is no such thing. The one thing that bothers me about it is the air leaks in the top where the window meets the top, it's just the little things that are annoying. Oh, and if there's snow where you live and this will be your only car, go ahead and buy it, if you have a death wish. That's pretty much it. I knew i should have bought a Mustang ha.

Beautiful Car

by lovin my solstice from Nor-Cal | July 28, 2011

This is my first Solstice and I haven't found anything wrong with it. I have had 2 Miatas and both were fun, but they are not even in the same class as the Solstice. The gas mileage is great, the sound system rocks, not a lot of room so I don't have to take folks with me. If I had a complaint it would be poor visibility in the back. But with your mirrors adjusted right it's not a big deal. Thanks Pontiac....

The real review

by RICKY from california | May 27, 2011

i rate this pontiac solstice a 4 becuase although it has a good drive to it. it just doesnt have enough room i bought the car at first to just go to school...but it could barely do that my backpack for some reason barely fit.All my friends said it felt tight inside like it needed more room.....but if your planning on just riding it around for fun its a beautiful little cheap car for that

My Pontiac Soltice

by Luminator from Charlotte, NC | May 24, 2011

I love it. Great toy car! Front bumper is a little too low but manageable.Not much room in the trunk but can still do groceries.

Pontiac Soltice

by olsleepyeyes from Fort Lee, NJ | May 2, 2011

Negatives; car is a tad underpowered. Interior, GM could have done a better job...make that much better job fit and finish category. No trunk space at all! Fun to drive, a throwback to the 60's. Lots of looks and comments about the exterior style. Top down; can't be beat!

2006 pontiac solstice

by Lucky teen from toronto ohio | March 10, 2011

bought my solstice 6 months ago at a great price 12 thousand and i got all the bells and whistles. im 18 and insurance is low and paments are great top is awesome down and its a head turner i always compliments. sometimes people ask what is that car?? glad i bought this car even though i went from having a ford escape as a daily driver to a solstice. keeping the escape for winter since the solstice doesnt move at all in snow

Great First Car

by MichaelP from Louisville, Ky | January 4, 2011

I'm a teen thats in a sports car and im complaining, i know. The car looks great, the engine sounds great, the leather feels great. Everything about the car is great except for the air leaks in the convertible top. The sound system is awesome but when i just want to cruise with the top up with the radio down it sounds like a wind tunnel. but when the tops down the cars a blast. The gas mileage is ok at best but i also hot rod it quite a bit. But if anyone wants a neat looking little convertible that has a surprising amount of get up and go then this cars it. out ran my dads automatic 5.7L r/t dodge challenger in it so that little 2.4 will burn some rubber.

Great value!

by Joemiami07 from Miami, FL | August 23, 2010

I owned a 1965 Cobra Replica but due to financial needs a sold it. A couple of years later I was urging for a new toy. I got the Solstice with only 8K miles. The perfornace was more than I would expect for the small car but the response and handling was even better than I expected. Today's new cars incorporate padel shifters and traction control. Well, my solstice came with a manual tranny. This mean I enjoy every moment I am on it. The fact that I can peal rubber is even a better plus. My only complaint is that I am a 6 foot guy and getting in and out is not that practical. Once in I am Ok. I would prefer that the top would be automatic but for the price I cannot complain. This car has it all. But you are a large person it should not be your daily driver. In my case it is my toy car and I consider it better than my Cobra becuase it has Ac airbag, a roof etc.,

Featured Services for this Pontiac Solstice