1996 Pontiac Sunfire

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Selling after 17 years a 1996

by PrairieLady from Sioux Falls, SD | September 6, 2013

After 17 years of being in love with this little convertible, I am selling it as I am going to get a newer car. There is 94000 actual miles on it and over the years I have spent very little on repairs. The same mechanic has taken care of it all these years too. Everything on it works, except the ABS and check engine lights stay on. If this car was still made today, I would buy another one. The only reason I am selling it is because the exterior is getting a bit rusty and the top is shrinking and I am in the public, so need a better looking car. The engine is good and it still has ZIP!!! When I sell it I know I will cry, as it has been a wonderful, reliable, comfortable and fun car. Trying to decide what to replace it with has been difficult. For those who would ask what I am getting...a Ford Focus 2009 with 35000 miles on it. Hopefully I will like it half as well as I have this little Sunfire.

good transportation and affordable

by skit from oakland county, Mi | July 15, 2013

This car is good on gas and great for getting around town. Anyone in need of reliable and dependable transportation should consider this car.

l

by l from PA | March 24, 2011

This car does not last. Everything falls apart. It is not worth the money needed to fix it once it starts falling apart.

a great car and a convertible too

by Its all good from Brooks, Alberta | November 12, 2007

A great car and 12 years old it still makes people smile. It is fast and reliable and economical It has a backseat and a trunk (lots of convertibles have one or the other, some have neither. This one has both !) Problems over 188,000 km have been....... 1. replaced tired power window motor 2. replaced fuel pump (pretty exspensive but i'm told that running down to the last few drops in the tank hastens the end of the pump) 3.replaced the air conditioner 4 took apart the radio and replaced the bulb myself ! 5. filled the tank, changed the oil, changed the tires and eventually the brakes Other than that, we drove for thousands of miles, smiled lots and brought smiles to many others. I would like the power window buttons to be on the door instead of the consul I love the pick up (2.4 l) and the economy (35 PMG ) the red guages , the pass through from the trunk, the super sized glove box, the one hand operated power top

Makes me feel like I should've felt when I was 18

by Slacker from Md | April 14, 2007

One beautiful spring day I was waiting at a stop sign with the top down. A woman walking past looked into my car and said, "You are the envy of everyone." How's that for a car review? In my 11 years of ownership I've replaced the top, fixed the AC, had the check oil light come on, and lost the LCD on the radio. There was also a minor oil leak. Not bad for a car with 118,000 miles. Acceleration with a 5-speed is great. 7.9 seconds to 60mph and the ABS braking is excellent. Gas mileage is in the 28-30 range in weekly driving.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Sunfire