2001 Pontiac Sunfire

22 city / 32 hwy

Overall

Very useful car!

by sammi from pennsylvania | December 28, 2013

when I recieved this car from my grandfather earlier this year, I discovered that he had really beat this thing up... I mean REALLY neglected and abused it. There was obvious water damage inside the car and the brake lines were totally gone but the thing still ran like a champ. After a deep cleaning and a couple visits to the garage shop, (brake lines being the most expensive fix) I totally love my car and love how well it works. I would totally recommend for any new driver/

most reliable car I ve ownwd

by excelent car from cd acuña coahuila mexico | April 18, 2013

I don t write english good but I try to splain. buy this car past month in forth whorth, texas with 123,000 miles and bring to mexico 600 miles $50 dls gas, oil ok. only put in mexico a new timer chain. I think is the last report fron this car because I fix the papers and now is a "mexican car". I agree with the coments of previus owners is an excelent car, I never mistake is my 75 car in my life. in my 60 s.

worry free car

by Diane from rochester,ny | March 21, 2012

This great car has all the "big Car " options without the worry of gas prices,my car gets 34 mpg and I appreciate that now days.

Good, solid car

by Jim from Oklahoma | June 20, 2011

My parents bought this car practically new with 7K miles. Now almost ten years later, it has 93K miles on it and still runs like the day it was bought. All I had to do was do all the little stuff with maintaining a car, i.e changing the oil, transmission fluid, etc... Its going to be a sad day whenever I have to trade it in. Bottom line, its not the most attractive looking car with all the bells and whistles you get today with a standard car, but it gets you to point A to point B, with respectable gas mileage, if you treat it well.

Good Starter Car

by Brianna from Arizona | January 18, 2011

I've had my 2001 Sun Fire SE for the last three years. Other than regular maintenance (oil, brakes, alignment), the only problem I've had is cosmetic damage. I feel the body is of poor quality, as well as the interior materials. I bought it used with very little physical damage, but three years later, the appearance just got worse and worse. I live in Arizona, so sun damage is expected, but every Sun Fire I've seen has a very noticeable amount of sun damage, no matter the color. So, my complaint is that the car needs to have constant repair & maintenance after a few years on the road. The inside is worn down (seats, visor, dash board) and repair can be expensive. I definitely love my Sun Fire & will be sad to see it go.

Take a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

by Love my Sunfire from Fort Worth, Tx | August 24, 2010

I bought this sturdy little car in 2003 used from a dealer with 39,000 miles on it. 7 years later and 100,000 more miles on it, this little car has been nothing but reliable. The timing chain broke on it (should have been changed at 80,00 miles) and the serpintine belt needed replacement, but that was to be expected especially since I've beat this car up, with maybe an oil change once a year and never a tune up. It's never left me stranded due to mechanical problems, and is one of the best cars GM ever made. Gas mileage is a dream, and if you're looking for a good used car for a great price, you'll be happy you got a Sunfire. I love mine, and even tho I need a bigger vehicle, I won't trade it in, just keep it until my grandkids need it.

Awesome little car

by Sunfire Fan from Fort Worth, Tx | October 7, 2009

I bought my 2001 Sunfire 6 years ago and have never had a problem with it, and other than replacing batteries, tires and brakes, a few oil changes and a tune up this car is the most dependable vehicle I've ever had. IT has never left me stranded and It's so affordable, I'm hesitant to buy another car, but if I do it will be another Pontiac

Outstanding car

by Sunfire father from | April 22, 2009

I purchased this car for my daughter her freshman year in college in 2002 with 13,000 miles. It is now 2009 and has over 87,000 miles. this has been a fantastic car for her. It has always been dependable. She has driven it from Virginia, Ohio and Florida. We've put on two sets of tires, two sets of brakes rotated and changed oil every five thousand miles and a tune-up. I can't wait until she buys a new car so I can get it back.

I love this car!

by Sunfire Lover from Dayton, Ohio | October 24, 2008

I bought my car in October of 2006. In the 2 years I've had it I haven't had any problems at all. I wash it, keep the oil changed, and I don't mishandle it. I used to drive a 16 year old ford ranger, so this car has been heaven since I bought it. The only thing I wish it had was power locks and power windows. Other than that, I love my car and will drive it until it dies or I can afford a hybrid.

Not dependable at all

by Soon-to-be Teacher from Binghamton, NY | April 18, 2008

I bought this used from a dealer because it was affordable, and now I'm paying for it. I've had so many pricey under-the-hood problems with this car in the 2.5 years I've owned it. When I share my complaints with other previous Sunfire owners, most of them agree and throw in their own horror stories. I'm counting down the days until I can get a new used car that ISN'T a Sunfire.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Sunfire