2002 Pontiac Sunfire

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Good for the Money

by LDRN from Milwaukee, WI | June 18, 2014

Purchased mine in 2006 with 43k on it. I've had to put a few sets of brakes on it, but with research, sounds like the issue with the car. at 115k I had to put a fuel pump on it and exhaust (living in the midwest, that's the norm), no real problems with it. I do have the window issue, but a new motor fixed it. Honestly, I commute to work, it's been a great car for the last 8 years. Now has 122k and the only reason I'll get rid of it is to fit kids into the car.

Cheap to Run, Cheap to Buy, Cheap to Repair.

by Got'r Pontiac? from Alberta, Canada. | June 4, 2014

I've grown up around many Sunfires/Cavaliers and all I can say is, what an amazing little car! I myself own a 2002 Sunfire SE Coupe with the 2.2L OHV Engine and 4 Speed Auto. I get great fuel mileage wherever I may go even when gas prices are ridiculously high, I've maybe spent a whole $200 in routine maintenance so far and that's it, never any problems or malfunctions, it's got about 204000 kms on it now and it is still going harder than ever. These great little get-around cars are so simple and cheap to repair, it's honestly quite wonderful for those who don't have the money to be spending on parts. A good 85% of repairs can be done in your home garage if need be. I highly suggest trying to find and purchase a Haynes Full Rebuild Manual for Sunfires/Cavaliers 1995 to 2003 as it helps with the little maintenance these cars ever need. Parts are always cheap and plentiful at auto wreckers for these cars as well and parts from let's say.. a 96 Sunfire will fit on an 02 Sunfire, so they are quite universal with one another. If you're looking for something stylish, fuel efficient but very cheap and easy to maintain, this is the vehicle for you. They last forever! :) All you see these days are Cavaliers and Sunfires on the road.

Reliable and Fun

by Mustang Callie from colorado | April 26, 2013

We have owned this car for over 10 years and it has been awesome! It has only required basic maintenance items (brakes, oil changes...) It's a great car.

Great Car for My Son

by Monsoon from Philipsburg, PA | June 18, 2012

Great car for my son to go to University. Looks like a black Camaro, but, it is not. My son loves it!

Very good car & very reliable!

by blueyes12 from Independence, La | April 8, 2012

Best little car I've owned! Great for a first time buyer or younger kid-very sporty! Great gas mileage-no problems with the car.

WORST CAR

by sherwin from CALIFORNIA | March 22, 2012

THIS CAR IS A HORRIBLE CAR IT WILL CRUMBLE IF YOU WOULD GET A ACCIDENT NOT RELIABILE ALWAYS NEEDS SOMETHING EVERY WEEK I'M GOING BACK TO MY CHEVY HHR

WORST CAR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by sports fan from NEW YORK | August 29, 2011

THIS CAR IS THE WORST CAR EVER I BOUGHT IT IN IN FEBUARY OF 2011 BY MARCH IT NEED 2 WHEEL BEARINGS A TUNE UP FRONT AND BACK BAKES ROTORS A TRANSMISSION I ONLY OWNED IT FOR 7 MONTHS ITS THE WORST CAR SAVE YOUR MONEY

Cute Car

by jedoublefwithfries from KC, MO | November 10, 2010

We bought this for my wife. High mileage, but very nice looking inside and out. We have had only one problem and that is with the driver side window. Has its own mindset on when to go up. In research that seems to be a problem with this vehichle. Hoping it will be a simple fix.

This car

by Avril sweets :) from Lancaster, CA | September 21, 2010

I have a 2002 Pontiac sunfire SE sedan and its almost @ 200 K miles and never had a problem with it. Just my fuel pump went out, but that was easy fix. Just need more after market parts ;)

Excellent Vehicle

by Some Dude from Little Rock, AK | January 17, 2009

This is a replacement for my 1984 Pontiac Fiero which I roled the odometer over twice. When the car caught on fire I needed to replace it. I chose the 2002 Sunfire GT. It has great features such as adjustable seats, floor mats, power windows and locks, radio, and A/C. I thought only luxury cars had stuff like this. Also, this car has very smooth ride. Since I boought it in 2004 I have put 76,000 miles on it and no money into it except gas. I have not even had to change the oil because the light has not gone on yet.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Sunfire