2003 Pontiac Sunfire

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Love the Sunfire - Owned three of them

by Sunfire Lover from Irving, TX | May 2, 2012

Great car - I step on the gas and it moves. Fun car; love the looks that's why I've owned three of them. Only problem I've ever had was the auto-window switch that I replaced on one car. Very dependable; so sorry they don't make them any more.

The Best First car a person could have

by Love My Sunfire from | April 19, 2011

i love this care. its the best standard car i've ever driven. its small but i love that about it. its perfect for me. It also saves a ton of money on gas.

Loved it!!

by Owner of 8 years from TX | February 12, 2011

I bought my 2003 pontiac new and it has been great, reliable transportation! Minor repairs here and there. Getting it serviced properly was the key! Great gas mileage; I now have over 200k miles on the car and it still gets me everywhere I want and need to go! I'm gonna hate to part with it :(

Surprisingly tough

by Becky from Perry, Ga | October 30, 2010

I drove my sinfire for almost six years. I never had anything go wrong with it other than needing a new battery. Yes, it's tiny and adorable, and I complained about manual windows. But, I totaled my little car the other day, and everyone who's looked at me thinks it's a miracle I survived. I was run off the road by another driver and hydroplaned off the road. I ran off of a bridge and flipped my car 4 times. My sunfire ended up smashed between two trees. I am about five feet tall and 100 pounds, but I walked out with a leg bruise and a few scratches from my seatbelt. My car flew 27 feet off of the road, but I managed to crawl out of my passenger window and climb up a 12 foot enbankment. My car was still running, and the windshild wipers were still going. Two of my tires were gone, and there's not a piece of glass left in it, but the frame held together. It's dented to heck and back, but I'm alive and unhurt. I never thought my little car would hold together like that, but it was extremely safeand reliable. This was a really great car.

not a good value for what I paid

by sc beach guy from | October 13, 2010

I bought the 2003 Pontiac Sunfire brand new. What attracted me to this car initially was the sporty appearance and mine came fully loaded with power windows and locks, cruise control, and sunroof. The reason I say this is not a good value is because this vehicle is cheaply made. First, the radio buttons would stick, the plastic cover on the door handle broke off one day when I shut the door. The seats are very uncomfortable. In the driver seat, the metal poked through the fabric and I could feel it on my back when I sat. I also ended up having to get that seat replaced because when I went to adjust the seat, the lever broke. Also, one of my speakers fell out. The only good thing I can really say about this vehicle is that it performed very well for a car in it's class.

Best Pontiac EVer

by Sunfire is tha best from Mphs,TN | May 10, 2010

I have had this car for 5 years and it has over 100,000 miles on it. It still runs like new! I love this car!

Great first car!

by My First Car from Virginia | October 10, 2009

We have needed absolutely no repair work on this car in almost 100,000 miles of operation! (of course we've replaced the tires) This was a great first car!

Don't listen to the experts

by isotope01 from Albuquerque, NM | August 29, 2009

the experts keep ragging on it as being a 20,000 dollar car and not worth the money. I bought this car for 13,000 brand new, and well equipped. The FEW issues I have encountered have been minor and easily/cheaply fixed! Driving is wonderful! Really smooth ride, and excellent handling. Where other American manufactured cars turning radius' are very limiting(**FORDS**) the sunfire is excellent. It can easily pull a u-turn in a wide residential street without having to reverse at all. Acceleration is excellent. In the 5-speed standard transmission there is a lot of speed control that can be done purely by laying off the accelerator, there is absolutely no need to be on the brake all the time in city traffic. Gas mileage is excellent. Interior is nice. Bucket seats in front are comfortable. All controls are easily reached and well placed. Drawbacks? rear passengers need to be aware of very little head room, but if you are like me and rarely have more than one person in your car, this is not an issue. As for the front seat belts strangling you when you get in the back seat I have one thing to say... IT'S A COUPE!!! WHAT DID YOU EXPECT???

nothing but trouble

by smith from Canada | April 23, 2009

very basic car, the problem i have with mine is the head lights! it's been a problem siense i've owned it.

pontiac sunfire

by meisay from south carolina | November 1, 2008

It's an ok car rides ok motor sounds rough if you excelerate fast overall an ok car.I bought the car to drive back to ohio. needed reliable transportation.

Uses car for To save gas

Featured Services for this Pontiac Sunfire