2008 Pontiac Torrent

16–17 city / 24 hwy

Overall

a quick note

by milani from philly | September 16, 2013

Just a quick note to thank you for the excellent service that you provided me :)))))))))))))))))))))

My Car

by SUV from Nevada, Mo | April 5, 2013

I bought my car from a local dealer and I love it!!! I drove the car a couple different times before I bought it, enjoyed the comfortage interior, stylish exterior...all in all I think it's an awesome vehicle. My only problem with it is the cup holders and if that's my only complaint, you know it's awesome. I will happily drive it for quite a few years and be pleased every time I get in it. Oh, I must mention, the back window controls and the radio did confuse me a bit. the fog lights are over by the back window controls, so it took me a bit to figure that one out and the radio controls on the steering wheel are for presets. If it's not already preset, it can be confusing. Also, the RPM is where the speedomotor typically is. Odd, but not strange enough to deter me from buying it. Overall I am thrilled with it!

I LOVE my car!

by Claud from Kennewick | February 12, 2013

I love my 2008 Pontiac Torrent. I gave it a 5 on everything except relaibility, in which I gave a score of 4. So far, so good, but I have only had the car for about one month. I have never owned a Pontiac. I really like the body style and how roomy it is on the inside. My husband also likes the leg room. It is also quiet when it starts (the automatic start is awesome!) and not too much road noise. I can also hall large items when the back seats are folded down. The back cargo area is large and easy for loading groceries. I would hightly recommend this model.

80,000 miles or flawless reliablity

by SD Family from Yankton, SD | March 6, 2011

We just traded our 2008 Pontiac Torrent with a little over 80,000 miles on it. During the 3 years that we owned it has provided my family with perfect reliablity with only regular maintance and new tires required. Only mechanical complaints I had was the turing radius was too large and the fuel tank could have used about 2 more gallons. While fuel economy on the highway was ussualy the EPA rated 24 or better the range always seemed a few miles short. I have always found the Torrent to be an great vehicle and would recomend it to anyone looking for an SUV with respectable fuel milage and great AWD surefootedness.

Great Vehicle

by Binky from Syracuse, NY | February 25, 2009

Bought it brand new. Got a great deal. I love the styling. Has pleanty of room to carry things. Split rear seats come in very handy. I get 26 MPG on the highway and 18 - 20 MPG in the city. Front wheel does well in the snow, but I would recommend getting all wheel drive.

Torrent not a Equinox 2008

by Qui, Qui from Mission BC Canada | January 8, 2009

At the time we were just going to to buy a good used SUV but it turned out this vehicle wasn't much more in payments. It is easy to drive,parellal park,has good pick up,and so far its been very reliable. The exterior design is very appealing,and has kept up with even the high end SUV's. The carrying space is an inch too narrow for eg. a buffet but big enough for my paintings. The slant roof in the back has also proved to be a problem. The park brake handle and the storage armrest are too close even for my small hands. As with most cars,there isn't a space alloted to put my purse. My first new car, so I like it and feel like I got a good deal.

Great car

by Missouri man from Kansas City | September 8, 2008

I love my Torrent. Geting 22.6 mpg overall, up to 26 mpg on the highway. It is very quiet, comfy ride.

Love the car for the most part.

by GM SUV/car loyalist. from Napoleon, OH | July 15, 2008

I really like the way my Torrent handles. The gas milage is very good, I've gotten 26-28 mpg on the highway. My only problems with this car has been the alarms and bells. They do not always work and involves the stereo also. The mechanic is having difficulty diagnosing the cause for this.

Torrent 3.4 22mpg average

by Christine LOL the lights are bright from Las Vegas | May 21, 2008

Stable overall, refined interior, several options and setting are available in the DIC functions to accomodate any driver. Overall the mpg is decent considering that it is not a hybrid. SUV is very solid and appears to be identical to X-3 and Lexus. Good Pontiac great transition car while we all wait for the Hybids to be optimized.

Very reliable

by Graeme from Dunedin, Florida | April 15, 2008

Would recommend this car. It handles nicely. It is very sporty and comfortable. Good mileage for me- 17.7 city and 24,5 highway. Lots of power.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Torrent