2005 Pontiac Vibe

2005 Pontiac Vibe

Available in 3 styles:  2005 Pontiac Vibe FWD Hatchback shown

Overall

2005 VIBE - Great all around Vehicle!!

by mr peabody from The South | March 13, 2014

I was looking for a small suv that got decent gas mileage, and bought a 2005 CRV. - no matter how I drove, 20 mpg was my best. So I began looking around for an alternative, and I tried the Pontaic Vibe (Toyota Matrix) out. This is the best car I have ever owned, it has the setup of an SUV, the Ride of a Car, handles great, has great pick up, and is very versatile. My Vibe averages 28-29 mg and gets up to 34 mpg on long trips. I have a roof rack and installed a tow hitch and it is great for every day use. Except for two minor issues, problem with heater fan, and and the starter going, this car has served me well. If you find one BUY IT!

Pleasant Surprise

by Car Saint from Oklahoma City | March 10, 2014

This is a great little car! I sat in it, looked around and knew that if everything checked out, this was my new ride. Sure enough, it's mine. Very comfortable, engine is in great shape at 157k miles, plenty of power, smooth ride and lots of room for a smaller car. Not what I was looking for, but VERY glad I found it!

Bought for a steal.. What a deal

by college kid from NC | February 27, 2014

I bought a used '05 Vibe from a local lot in late '13 for a deal. $6400. Too good to pass up. So I snagged it with its 90k miles. Only routine maintenance so far (new starter, battery). It handles snow well w/o AWD and gets better gas mileage than my parents' '07 Mazda3. So no complaints there. There are a few more blind spots than I expected but those can be worked around if you actually turn around and back up. More storage than my parents' '03 Quest minivan especially with the fold-flat seats. Could use something to keep groceries from sliding around in the back but I solved that by using cardboard boxes which work quite nicely. My favorite things about the car are all of the storage nooks and crannies I have found since I drove it off the lot. Also I am a big fan of shifting from the center console even though it took some getting used to. Road noise is a little more than other cars but for me at least, that has never been seen as a dealbreaker. End review. 4.5 out of 5

I love it but hate it .

by vibe lover from Maitland, Mo | July 8, 2013

I have been fighting a vibration in the steering wheel for 2 years. I have had my car to 5 different tire services. My tires have been on and off 5 times . NO ONE seems to know what it is so Today it went to Firestone tires. If it doesn't stop vibrating I will sale it and get a KIA. Really I love my vibe but enough is enough.

the only car ive had with 435 thousand miles on it

by the last traveling salesman from Middleburg Fla | September 22, 2012

my 20050pontiac vibe has over 435000 miles on it and still going strong. Ps its realy atoyota matrix.

cheapest car to run I've ever owned

by busy working mom from Marion, MA | July 7, 2012

I could no longer afford the fuel bill on my Honda Pilot, but still wanted the features of an SUV (i.e. seats which fold down), and a roofrack so I can transport kayaks. This car does it all, at almost 1/3 the fuel cost! The hardest adjustment has been to manual windows and no automatic lock (so each door must be locked manually...) Otherwise it is perfect for my needs - which are many! I drive around all day long for work, then have two children and a dog, and a lot of sports activities. This car handles it all very well. A sports car it is not, but it is fun to drive, reliable and versatile.

Great car for many needs

by Animal lover from Jacksonville, nc | June 4, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a car for out family. We have 5 dogs one being a st Bernard and when he got in and was able to stand up, turn around and be comfortable we were sold. Our dogs love it and think every time we get in it it's time bye byes time. New name fur taxi..,

Good basic car

by mom of 5 from Vermont, yet bought in Texas and drove home | April 13, 2012

We selected a Vibe because our son has a Toyota Matrix. The Vibe and Matrix are identical cars, built in the same plant from what our mechanic says. Our son has had 3 cross country trips for the army in his 2006 Matrix without any problems. So far the Vibe has performed well. Nothing too fancy, but reliable.

I Love this car

by pippie17844 from Lewisburg, PA | March 25, 2011

When I read the reviews of this car, I thought can this car really be this good? Then I test drove it. First off, I am 6'1", and I have so much room inside this car. And the biggest shocker for me, was a adult had plenty of leg roon in the back seat, with the seat all the way back. The handling of this car is fantastic...tight steering. So it hugs the road. The best part, is the gas mileage that it is rated. Well after i purchased the car, I found that i was getting 29-30mpg around town, and 40mpg on the highway. I am thrilled that I bought this car, especially with the price of gas going up. I even fit a recliner in the back of it, with the seats laying down. I am sad that they stopped making this car in GM. However, I am told that the Toyota Matrix is the same car. I never looked at one....and dont plan to for a long time...I am keeping my VIBE!!!!!!!

Loved this car years before I bought it

by Niskymom from Niskayuna, NY | July 27, 2010

I fell in love with this car the minute it came on the Market. At the time I still needed a bigger car for Carpooling etc..however, the minute I could, I bought the 2005 used in 2009 and aside from some AC repairs this past summer, the car is a dream. I make frequent trips up to Montreal (4 hours) and to My sons' college (1.5 hours) and this car is a dream to drive. Of course, the gas mileage is a big plus. I have a 36 mile roundtrip commute each day. I think GM made a big mistake not transfering this car to another line, I pass at least 15- 20 of them each day! Of all of the cars I have owned, this one is my favourite!!!

Featured Services for this Pontiac Vibe