2006 Pontiac Vibe

Available in 3 styles:  2006 Pontiac Vibe FWD Hatchback shown

Overall

Bought with Grampa in mind

by Jackie from Tri-Cities, WA | September 18, 2014

My car was dying and was considered an "in town only car." I'm responsible for taking my 96 yr old Dad to multiple Dr appts wkly. This car fits the bill. Almost identical in Dad's approach to entering and exiting prior car with minimum fuss for him. Plus, I can store his walker in the back and still have passenger access with back seats. The trunk in my prior car made me put walker in back seat thus not allowing any other passengers other than Dad. Very happy!

Nice car

by Joan from | September 22, 2013

Sporty... good storage...great gas mileage... I hope it will be reliable... too early to tell, Been getting 30 miles to the gallon.

No problems

by Spikey59 from Houston, TX | April 14, 2012

I bought my base model vibe in 2006 new. After having the car for 6 years and putting 112,000 mi on it I had only one issue with the on board computer which was under warranty. The storing capacity was great and I loved that the whole back row of seats folded down for extra room. I loved my vibe. It was reliable and great on gas. I would recommend this car to anyone.

First Car

by Vibe Owner from Eau Claire, WI | April 2, 2012

This is my first car, and I absolutely love it! I am graduating from college soon, and I wanted a vehicle that had plenty of cargo space, but could maintain fuel efficiency. I also wanted a car that was affordable. I found all of these things in a Pontiac Vibe. The reviews I've read are great, and I would agree that the Vibe is a perfect vehicle for me, and I couldn't be happier!

GREAT Car!

by bj from n.canton, OH | December 14, 2011

I have owned this car for 5.5 years, 132,000 miles. Normal maintenanace items only. Extrememly reliable and 34 mpg. Best car I have ever owned. Pros: Good mpg; comfortable, upright seating position; can get out of it's own way with the 5 speed; carry a lot of stuff when needed; RELIABLE; and aging very well. Cons: What do I replace it with???

best car i have ever owned

by cutfoot from windom mn | October 4, 2011

i am the only driver i do get 35.4 mpg with the air on i get about 33 mpg a lot of fun to drive this car no probelms what so ever with this car however i only have 62000 miles on it i have not drived it in a mn winter yet so i do not know of the ice and snow

Great First Car

by Bargain Hunter from Sacramento, CA | June 27, 2011

I bought a Vibe for my daughter, a new driver. My focus was on safety and reliability. Consumer reviews on many sites gave this car high ratings in many areas. The Vibe has a great exterior look; sporty but not flashy. Solid construction with no "tinny" parts. Interior is well-designed. Adequate head- and foot-room, with tons of cubbies and compartments for sunglasses, CDs, etc. The car has adequate power and handles well. Turning radius and manueverability is also good. Seems like a solid car. After a few months of driving, have not noticed any performance issues or annoying features.

Excellent car

by Keep 'em till the wheels fall off from Vicksburg, MS | January 14, 2011

We bought our 2006 Vibe new. We added side air bags, cd player, cargo area carpet, and cigarette lighter (otherwise no 12V outlet). The 120V outlet is handy as a pocket on a shirt. I faithfully change the oil an filter every 3,000 miles (Valvoline 5W30; AC or Fram filter). Uses absolutely no oil (for what it's worth, I do give it a Slick 50 treatment at the recommened interval; the Buick Century I traded in on it had 290,000 miles, used no oil, and I'd used the same Valvoline Oil and Slick 50 in it). Changed transmission fluid every 50,000 miles. Now have 117,498 miles and have to do my first repair -I have to replace a headlight bulb. Am on my third set of tires (be sure and keep the front end alignment set to "0"). No other repairs at all. Still has the original disc pads/brake shoes. Gets about 25 -26 mpg city/hwy combined and gets up to ~ 31 mpg hwy IF I keep it to 65 mph. Top end about 110 mph. We use this vehicle for commuting, traveling, camping, hauling horse feed, some off road - in short, whatever we think it will do. Have not pulled any trailers with it. It has been one of the most trouble free vehicles I've ever owned. I just wish GM had not phased Pontiac and the Vibe out of production. I highy recommend this vehicle, but - as for all used vehicles - maintenance records are vitally important.

Solid car for the money

by milosfinest from Minneapolis | August 21, 2010

It's the Toyota Matrix only under a different name (meaning you save money). Sharp looking, reliable vehicle. I love mine.

~ Great Ride ~

by AD in Vegas from Las Vegas, NV | May 13, 2010

I bought this car used and found it to be fun and reliable and GREAT on gas. I use it to toodle around town. I did find it was a noisy ride, but the sound system usually buried it. There is not a lot of console space for stuff. Other than that, it's a good deal. My car was hit from behind, very hard, from a drunk driver and it took the impact fantastic. The car was totalled and am thinking of getting a new one.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Vibe