2008 Pontiac Vibe

26 city / 33 hwy

Overall

Unbeatable value

by Bearman from Newfoundland, Canada | March 19, 2014

On my second Vibe. Bought both used, when they were 4 years old. Drove the first (it was an '04) for four years and didn't spend any money on repairs, just tires and brakes. Had my second (the '08) for two years now, same story. Little engine is very willing and great on gas. Interior is huge and fold-flat seats great for camping and hauling gear. Driver's seat could be more supportive and wear's a bit thin on all-day road trips but that's my only complaint. I like the first generation (04-08) better than newer models, otherwise I might consider another in a couple years.

Good Deal

by gas milaege crossover from Watertown | May 1, 2012

I loved my first pontiac vibe soo much traveled over 200,000 miles with it and needed a vehicle that wouls get good gas mileage at price I could afford. This car fit the bill... and fits my checkbook! Love it's versatility and space as well.

good buy

by capt.harry from hosuton | December 12, 2011

bought used 3 mo. 50k miles, solid grocery getter, ecconomical, impressed with the quality, rebranded Matrix, small but comfort OK, busy ride due to short wheel base, & more road noise then a mid size, but if you need an exconimical fair priced & dependable car consider the vibe

I woud not buy this car again.

by san from ca. | October 18, 2011

Does not handle well. Uses too much gas when air-conditioner is on. Car heats up on the inside if the sun is out. It is very noisy ride.

Almost Perfect Vehicle

by MrLuddite from Minneapolis | June 11, 2011

2nd Vibe. Ex-wife has the 2004. Only bad points are harsh ride (I suspect due to tires that promotes great gas mileage) and electronic gauges that become invisible in sun light. Otherwise, my 2008 has been 100% trouble-free in 50,000 miles. I have slept in it (comfortably) in National Parks, have used it to pull a trailer, loaded with a motorcycle, 5,000 miles and have driven it across North Dakota with 4 passengers and their luggage at 75 mph. And driving very conservatively, I have achieved 40.2 MPG in combination city/suburban driving. And....I think it's a pretty good looking car for it's size.

best car ive owned

by lisa from saint louis, mo | September 12, 2010

got my 2008 used with 27000 miles. i love it. i am long-legged and still found the drivers seat to be comfy. great gas mileage. theres lots of storage space, yet it handles like a compact car. iv always had small cars, and i was a little worried about getting used to this one, but it zips around with the best of em. only had it 6 months, but no probs. my mom has a 2009, very reliable, which was the selling point for me. the cup holders are too close together. thats the only thing i can complain about. its really a toyota with a pontiac body. and you know toyotas reputation. and it was made in california.

I love my Vibe

by jeffsa from Louisville, KY | August 16, 2010

This is the best little car ever. I haul two dogs and two kids in it. I haul 9-foot garage doors in it. I haul 16-foot pieces of trim in it. It gets 27 mph in the city of I am careful. I am 6' 5" and the car is amazingly comfortable. The computer went out on mine at 32,00 miles or so. Under warranty. Still .... Also, controls are a bit awkward. Only complaints. Bought it used, 21,000 miles, was a rental car.

2 time owner

by livin life to the fullist from Kearney Nebraska | February 27, 2009

This is the 2nd vibe we have owned 1st 2006 loved it so much we my wife got rear ended and no major injuries we bought our 2nd a 2008 just like the 1st and it is great also great mileage and fun to drive

this is the worst car i have ever owned

by geo00 from wisconsin | February 7, 2009

I bought this car used from a pontiac dealer with 65000 miles. It is a 2004 model with awd. In the last 15 months i have returned to have bearings replaced in the awd coupling,again for seals in awd,again to determine that the awd is not working at all and will cost $2000 to fix. At this time there is bearing noise again in the rear end. Cruise control ejected it's on/off switch and o2 sensor is defective. What a clunker.

too many problems

by stef from | November 19, 2008

We bought our vibe 11 months ago and it has been into the dealer 6 times for major repairs including oil leaks and a new computer. I loved this car when I bought it, but i have been very disappointed in it's reliability. we will be trading it in on something better

Featured Services for this Pontiac Vibe