2009 Pontiac Vibe

Available in 4 styles:  2009 Pontiac Vibe FWD Hatchback shown

Overall

Wish the Pontiac Vibe was still made

by johnj from Northern Vermont | February 5, 2014

One of the best cars we have ever purchased. Since new this car has been dependable and a pleasure to drive. Very low maintenance, 95,000 miles before we needed the breaks replaced. Other than that no maintenance other than oil changes. For a small engine was very peppy even with a/c running. Averaged 30.8 mpg. Even in -30 degree weather started right up. Car was crushed in an ice storm in Vermont. Don't think we will find a car as dependable as it was.

Great car for both Mom and Son!

by Mom of a teenager from Rochester, NY | January 13, 2014

GM needs to somehow bring this car back. I was first introduced to Vibes a couple of years ago when renting them on business trips. They were comfortable, and easy to manuver. I was searching for a car that I felt was safe for my teenage son, that he and I were both willing to drive -- and the Vibe was the car. He needed a car that he could haul guitars and amps in, and I needed a car that I could easily haul 50 -pound bags of animal feed. He wanted a Subaru until he drove the Vibe -- then he understood how comfortable it was -- much more comfortable than a Subaru. The hatchback is perfect. This car is heavier than most small cars, and therefore has less road noise than other cars its size. There is ample room in the backseat to comfortably seat two passengers, and not have your legs rammed up against the front seat. It has better excelaration than other cars its size, but it also has a larger engine. It has stability/traction control, and seven airbags. We purchased the model with low-profile tires, and I would not recommend that style of rim -- at least where were are located in upstate, NY. The car has handled well in the snow, but we did not purchase an AWD model. The car also came with PRETREATED undercoat -- which is necessary given all of our road salt and harsh winters. I have absolutely no complaints, except the low-profile tires/rims. I would recommend this car to any parent looking for a safe car to share with their kids. Great heat! Good luck finding a used Vibe with low miles. A friend of mine has over 200,000 on his, and many of the Vibes listed were 150,000+ miles.

Great car, safety issues.....

by Loved it, but disappointed... from Ankeny, IA | December 3, 2013

I loved my Vibe! LOVED. It! I bought her used with 140,000 miles on her and put 65000 on her in the last 2 1/2 years. Had a couple issues with battery and connections, but overall I was completely satisfied with her and the convenience that she provided while I nannied and was in College This past weekend I was in a car accident and hit by a Chevy Truck who was going 65 MPH and never applied the breaks. I was hit on the right front section of my car completely totaling my vehicle. My airbags did not deploy. That is very frustrating to me, and for this reason alone, despite how much I loved my vibe, I will never purchase one again.

i love my vibeGT

by cara from new jersey | October 6, 2013

i saw the car went to look at it fell in love with it drive it i got it i love my vibe 5 speed all the gears are amazing

Just bought this car

by Just bought this from olympia, WA | January 2, 2013

after a lot of research and driving cars. This was the car we bought. I do think it is a bit bumpy as far as the ride goes and the heat takes a little while to warm up. The gas mileage is definitely not the 31/38 I've read on the internet. I would say it is in the low 20's. But did well in the snow and is a compact all around great car.

Great Car, Better Price

by Vibe Fan from Ankeny, IA | March 4, 2012

My 2009 Vibe has 42,000 miles. Bought it used a year ago -- most advertised seem to be rentals but this was a local individual's car. The GT model has good but somewhat noisy accelleration, but it has helped me steer out of a couple of tight spots on interstates, getting around semis with ease. The interior is very comfortable with controls in easy reach. I've never cared about sunroofs but the Vibe's is very smooth. MPG is about the same as with my old Chevy Prizm for a vehicle that has many more features. The Toyota Matrix is a twin and still being built. Vibes were redesigned in 2009-10 with a lot of standard safety features like stability and traction control. I would certainly seek these out first. Since it has a Pontiac badge, the resale price doesn't seem great. I got my mine for less than the minimum blue book price. It remains a solid vehicle and a pleasure for me to drive. Its cargo space is huge and very useful. The only caution is be very aware that it has thick pillars that eat up a lot of the rear-view mirror's view. Get used to using your side mirrors and you will be OK. Reliability is reported as top notch and I have had no issues.

Very dependable Vibe

by Imodify from Toledo, Oh | August 29, 2011

Not much to say. For the $$$ the Vibes are great utility cars to have . It's too bad that GM had to dump the Pontiac line which included the Vibe.

Dayton1026

by dayton1026 from northeast Ohio | August 9, 2011

This is my 2nd.Vibe. Great little commuter car. Went with all wheel drive this time. Front wheel only,leaves a little something to be desired in deep snow,due to the wide tire,I'm sure.Live in northeast Ohio and put over 90,000 mi.on my 03 Vibe and managed not to get stuck. Good choice as a used car. Toyota quality.

Best car built in USA on road

by Linkskin from Wayne, NE | July 1, 2011

I purchased a used 2009 Pontiac Vibe in March, 2011. It had 21,000 miles on it. I have driven it on several 300 plus mile journeys. It is a joy to drive. I get over 30 mpg on rural roads ( 60mph ) and around 28 when cruising down the freeway at 70+. I have the 2.4 liter engine with a manual transmission. The car looks nice. People look at it wondering what it is. It looks different than anything else out there. I value the anti-lock breaks and the electronic stability control. They have helped me out of a couple sticky situations when I found myself traveling a little too fast in the snow. I know this car is nearly the same as a Toyota Matrix. It was built by a partnership between GM and Toyota in California. So I get Toyota realiability, built by fellow US citizens, with the GM network of dealerships for support, if needed. It seems like a win for all to me.

GLC - Great Little Car for a 6' 5" Guy

by GLC - Great Little "Big" Car from Indianapolis, IN | February 6, 2011

Have owned this Vibe since August 2004. Still runs and looks great after 85K miles. Drive mix of city and highway each day to work and get almost 27 MPG. Have only changed brake pads once and no other major repairs. Would like to buy a newer version, but nothing is wrong wiht this one. One satisfied owner. Best joint venture model between GM and Toyota. I was skepital after the GEO Prizm and Chevy Nova from years gone by. I will probably drive this baby for another three or four years. BTW - I am six foot five inches and fit in this car better than my wife's Saturn Aura which is much larger car.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Vibe