Available with either front- or all-wheel-drive, the Vibe is powered by one of two four-cylinder engines and is related to the Toyota Matrix. Competitors include the Kia Spectra5, Mazda3 and Subaru Impreza.
New for 2010
Air conditioning is now standard on all models.
The Vibe was redesigned last year and, on the whole, is sleeker than its predecessor thanks to smooth body sides and bumper moldings. The grille features Pontiac's characteristic twin-kidney design and is accentuated by a wide opening in the bumper right below it.
- Clear-lens taillights
- 16-inch wheels standard
- 17- or 18-inch wheels optional
- Liftgate-mounted spoiler standard
The Vibe can seat up to five people on front bucket seats and a three-person 60/40-split backseat. The Vibe has an unusual instrument cluster that features a round speedometer and tachometer, plus an elliptical housing for the fuel and engine temperature gauges.
- Cloth seats standard
- Leather accent seating standard on GT
- 20.1 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats
- 49.4 cubic feet of space with rear seats folded
- Air conditioning newly standard on all Vibe models except the base
Under the Hood
There's a choice of two four-cylinder engines, as well as an all-wheel-drive version.
- The Vibe's standard engine is a 132-horsepower, 1.8-liter four-cylinder
- 158-hp, 2.4-liter four-cylinder optional for base Vibe, standard in all-wheel-drive and GT versions
- Five-speed manual standard
- 1.8-liter engine gets optional four-speed automatic
- 2.4-liter gets optional five-speed automatic
- All-wheel-drive Vibes only available with four-speed automatic
- Tows 1,500 pounds
Standard safety equipment includes:
- Six airbags, including side-impact airbags for the front seats and side curtain airbags
- Antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system
- Active head restraints for the front seats
Cars.com Expert Reviews
|Cars.com Staff||Cars.com National||June 16, 2009|
|Steven Cole Smith||Orlando Sentinel||October 16, 2009|
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Pontiac Vibe
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.