2005 Porsche 911

2005 Porsche 911

Available in 7 styles:  2005 Porsche 911 2dr AWD Coupe shown

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Check one more off the bucket list

by Porsche Fan from Los Angeles Ca | April 3, 2014

Owned a 2000 Boxster for the last 12 years and thought it was the greatest handling car I would ever own. 14 years old and only 21,000 miles. Never outside of a garage at night ever. But I decided it was time to get rid of the convertible and found this pristine 2005 S from a cars.com ad. The moment I saw it I was in love. Seal gray with Sand Beige interior. . Fast, Smooth, easier to drive than the Boxster. When I wake up in he middle of the night I scoot downstairs and peek to make sure it isn't a dream. Vroooom

Fun Car

by San Antonio DDS from San Antonio, Texas | April 1, 2014

I bought this car with 32,000 miles on it, and it is in pristine condition. It is very fun to drive. I will add a blue and IPhone connector as it does not come standard with year. Great value for the money I spent. Porsche make excellent cars.

Outstanding Porsche 911 (997) Carrera Cabriolet

by emptymotte from Rhode Island | December 27, 2012

The Porsche 911 Carrera has always been a fun car. I owned a 1996 911 (993-series), which was the last of the air-cooled models. That was fast, fun... but a little hair-raising at its limits, especially in wet weather. The 997 series, which was introduced in 2005 and ran through 2012, is absolutely superb in almost every respect. True, the vehicles are expensive to buy, but compared to other "super cars," they represent superlative value for money. Mine is a rear-drive, 6-speed manual Cabriolet with 40,000 miles. It runs flawlessly, handles better than any car I've ever owned (28 of them altogether), accelerates like a rocket, has a slick 6-speed shifter and has proved to be as reliable as a Rolex. I recommend the 997-series Carerra (Coupe, Cabriolet or Targa) to anyone seeking the thrills of a beautfully balanced and exquisitely made driver's car, with the solidity and reliabililty of a any ol' regular German sedan. It truly is an impressive machine and is a wonderful sports car that can be driven almost every day... I only avoid driving it in the snow and ice. That would be tempting fate and I couldn't bear for its Arctic Silver Metallic paintwork to be marred by grit and salt. Every time I drive it, I smile like a total goon. EVERY TIME!

Best sports car- Porsche 997

by Porsche enthusiast from OH | December 7, 2011

I will buy another Porsche in the future! I have owned a 911 for a few years now and just recently upgraded to 997. This is the kind of car that retains its beauty as it gets older. That is why the 911 styling is iconic. When one sees that car on the road whether it is old or new model it will continue attract attention on the roads! There is only one 911- past, present or future.

Dream Car

by PorscheGuy from Charlotte, NC | August 23, 2011

I recently purchased a 2005 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (996), and I have found nothing to complain about. The handling is like you are on rails, there is absolutely no play in the linkage at all. The car's performance is what you would expect from an exotic 100k car. It is a dream.

So Much Fun

by Not Grandma's Porsche from Los Angeles | January 24, 2011

After all these years of reading articles about the most recognizable sports car on the planet and how so many people just love these cars, I now understand! This car just grows on you very quickly. I did a lot of research before buying my Carrera S. Regardless of how I prioritized my needs/wants, the Carrera came out on top each time.

one for fun

by tdk from dallas, tx | October 26, 2010

Awesome performance car, crazy fast and tight, tight handling. Classic, beautiful, refined details. Just look at the mirrors and you'll see what I mean. Very fun to drive and comfortable enough to be a daily driver. Don't expect to use the rear seats at all though. It's an extravagant toy but well worth the $$!

The Porsche 911 Carrera is a dreamed car

by Art from FL from Miami, FL | July 29, 2010

You might find more expensive high-performance cars and with certainly more Horsepower; but you will not find a sports car with better overall balance than the Porsche 911, and you will not find a true high-performance machine that is easier to live with as daily transportation. And on top of that, cost of maintenance is very reasonable. The most satisfying car I ever had and I bought it used. I was in the market for a nice car considering BMW, Mercedez, Lexus and Acura; but after a careful research I decided for a used Porsche 911 Carrera and I love it.

Awesome!!!

by PorscheDriver from Bellmore, NY | June 24, 2010

I bought the 911S with Ceramic Composite Brakes and the Sports Chrono Package. The is the best Porsche I've ever owned...so far.

Great car

by porsche lover from | May 3, 2010

Jerry Seinfeld can't be wrong. He owns 60. I can see why. The car handles like a dream, purrs like a tiger and is a true enthusiast's driving experience.

Featured Services for this Porsche 911