2011 Porsche 911

Available in 20 styles:  2011 Porsche 911 2dr AWD Coupe shown

Overall

Wow !! What a car !!

by T Rock from San Luis Obispo, CA | February 3, 2013

I purchased the 2011 Porsche 911S with the crono package. I currently own a BMW and a Lexus and while both of them have almost 300 HP, I have NEVER experienced the same thrill of hitting sport plus and putting the pedal down to the floor - OMG- there is a very good reason they call this "launch control". The power, brakes ( thank God ) and cornering are next to none. Hard to imagine a better car at any price. Several of my friends own those $250K super cars but nothing compares to this car plus the classic looks are a huge plus. If you can afford one - they are expensive - buy one !!

Turbo "S"

by Car Guy from South, Florida | January 9, 2013

The 2011-2013 911 Turbo "S" is not a beginners car. Porsche has tamed the beast and made it easy to drive with the PDK Transmission (the only way you can have a 911 Turbo "S"). Although it can easily be driven anywhere you want on an everyday basis, if you don't understand the power of this car, stay away. I have, and have had many cars with more HP, but only my 750 HP Lingenfelter Corvette felt faster. This car is so quick, and moves off the line like no other. It is a truly an amazing piece of German machinery that many could not handle when driving aggressively. If you can handle a car like this, it is a great value for a Ferrari beater at half the price and better build quality, although there isn't a much better feeling than being in a Ferrari, or beating one in a 911 Turbo S. Ferrari owners feel there's no equal and they may be right, but they do respect what the 911 Turbo S can do and will only look at you when you turn away. You won't have to pay any of that Ferrari blackmail money to get one either. I love the car in every way.

Once you go Porsche...

by Midlife Crisis from Kansas City | October 15, 2012

Don't wait until you're 50 to drive a 911, you're missing all the fun. I've had my S Coupe for a year now and I have zero complaints. My only issue is that I waited until was older to get he car. I stayed with BMW far too long hoping they would producer a more potent vehicle. Never happened. Drive a Porsche, just once, and you'll never look at another sports car again.

Smoking Quick

by OB1KNOB from St Louis, Missouri | October 8, 2012

This is my first Porsche, 911S, and won't go back to M3, S4 or AMG. I just can't do it now that I have experienced the performance of true sports car. It corners like it's on rails, power is great at any RPM and it's comfortable as a daily ride. It's tough to drive the other cars in the stable, this gets all my attention.

Porsche...don't buy if you can't drive.

by Philip from York, PA | October 7, 2012

To the guy that "spun"...It's called "tail whip". If accelerating hard through a corner and you feel the rear start to slip, stay in the gas or the inertia of a rear engine vehicle will kick your around. Driven properly, handling of a Porsche can not be matched. I've owned two, driven them hard...and had nothing but shear pleasure. Quality is second to none as well.

Go Fast!

by WEASEL1 from | October 5, 2012

This car is built to be driven and driven fast. The styling is crisp and the controls are user friendly. Just drive it and watch the speed limit, it comes up fast.

Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet

by Porsche Lover from Flowery Branch, GA | August 11, 2012

I gave this car 5 stars in all categories accept value. As much as I love my new car, it is an indulgence and I cannot in good conscience call it a good value. That being said it is the best money I have ever spent! In my opinion there is no other car as distinctive and classically styled. A 911 is instantly recognized and no other car can ever be mistaken as a 911. I love the feel of a rear engine car. The engine is very responsive and the performance is fantastic. The gas mileage is surprisingly good for a high performance car. I average 18.5 mpg, and I drive aggressively. I really can't think of anything I don't like about the car. I choose a manual transmission which I love. I also opted for the Sport Chrono Package. The electronics are great. I use the integrated Bluetooth on the highway with the top down all the time. All in all I have never been so completely satisfied with a purchase.

Worst nightmare that almost got me killed.

by JamesMark from California | April 18, 2012

I purchased Carrera S with a premium package plus. This was my first Porsche I bought and I was pretty thrilled to buy this car cuz you know it's Porsche. The luxurious classic design and high-end name value. I used to own an M3 before I bought this. However, I knew instantly that my decision was wrong as soon as I took this car on the freeway. I was driving at night, and there weren't as many cars. I wanted to see how the car would handle at a fast speed. So I accelerated up to about 90-95mph ish, and I was coming towards a corner and I expected it to corner all smooth, but it lost control and spun. I almost hit the rail but luckily I didn't hit anything despite the car spun for good 5-6 seconds. This was a huge disappointment for me. As I started researching more about this car, I learned that this happened to a lot of other Porsche owners. Well. I am greatful that I didn't get hurt, but I am never driving this junk again. If you are considering buying a Porsche, well think again.

best performance car ever

by best car from | January 23, 2012

i test drive lots of extreme supercars , none could give the same preciseness as a porsche can do. Ultimate german engineering. What can you expect.

There is no substitute!

by Mel from | September 26, 2011

Just bought my 3rd 911, a 2012 S. My last one was a 2003--bought it used, restored it better than it was when I bought it, and kept it for 5 years. I've had Mercedes, BMW, Corvettes and a sweet Toyota MR2 turbo, and most of them were better looking than the 911. But the Porsche puts a grin on my face every time I drive it. The car responds quickly and precisely and you can get ahead of the crazies. What's safer than that? :-)