2014 Porsche 911

Starting MSRP

Overall

2014 Model 991 - Base engine

by Bill from Salt Lake City UT | September 10, 2014

I have owned this car for 3 months and so far it has exceeded every expectation. I owned a 1984 3.2 liter coupe previously. It was a great car with a bulletproof engine and I miss it every day. But a 911 is a small car and I felt vulnerable, especially when I had grandkids in the car. I wanted multiple airbags and the other safety devices new cars offer. I ordered the 991 to get the exact exterior and interior colors and options I wanted. The wait was 4 months. This is my last 911 so the wait was worth it. Positives: handling - performance - fit and finish. It's the best 911 yet. More comfortable than my father's 356 and my 1984 (quieter and better ride which my wife appreciates). Negatives: the gas filler cap is on the wrong side; the car will eventually cost more than my 1984 to maintain. I didn't see the value for the S option for street use. The base engine (350 hp) is more than enough to get big $$$$$ speeding tickets. The PDK is a jewel. If you get the PDK you need the chrono to get launch control. PASM is fun. Heated and ventilated seats are valued by people my age. Do your homework on the options. The old 911's didn't have them and they are wonderful cars. See you at a Porsche Parade.//

1st Porsche

by Bill from Houston TX | May 27, 2014

3 weeks into ownership the experience gets better and better. The S version offers a little more HP, with the sport buttons off the car is very refined, with them on it is a very different aggressive car. Exterior fits and quality are excellent, as are the interior appointments. Reminds me of 1990's M-B vehicle with quality of fit and finish. Controls have a great feel, very well located, seats are very adjustable. Back seat is usable in a pinch, as is the front trunk. PDK transmission is very flexible and I love the hill-hold feature which I didn't know it had till I bought it. Struggled to decide between this and 2014 C-7 but happy with this decision even with the price premium. Drive it every day 50 miles and really loving the car so far.

New 991 (2014 Model)

by Porsche Devotee from Scarsdale, NY | May 17, 2014

This is the 9th Porsche I've had since my 1987 911 Targa. Loved everyone; all 911's (C2, C4 and C4S) except the 2011 Panamera 4 - just just traded in. Porsche makes great cars. Each has its own character. After driving a "4-door sedan" for the past 3.5 years, am extremely pleased with the 991. Each prior 911 variant I've owned from the 80's, 90s and 2000s improved on the prior edition. The 991, however, is in a new league; not a minor refinement, but a fully "enhanced", new 911. It is better in every way: ergonomics, ride, grip, performance, looks, design, fuel efficiency, engine sound, etc. The 7-speed manual is a breeze with no mis-shifts. The new interior's materials, fit and finish are superb. Features and functionality are Panamera-like, yet the entire driving experience is top-shelf 911. Can't believe I didn't move back to a 911 in 2013 with the launch of the 991. Look forward to years and miles of smiles. PdeA.

The Real Deal

by Mark from Atlanta | April 11, 2014

The new 991 is without question the best Carrera ever. I have owned a 996 and 997 and with each there were certain things that in my opinion fell below the expectations of what one would expect of a $100K, world class sports car. The new 991 over comes all of my previous disapointments. The exterior is spot-on. It is lower, sleeeker and wider than teh earlier model. The interior is now what one would expect of a top end sports car. Yes, option costs are still high, but you can easily find a well optioned model for under $100K. The ride is breadthtaking and unlike a Ferrari which I've also owned, the Porsche garners more respect as it's less in your face, whereas the Ferrari said...look at ME!. The net/net. This is the car to own.

Exotic type whip

by Mohammed from Cleveland, Ohio | August 12, 2013

Drives better than my 2005 Gallardo, and 2014 M6....... Way more head turns too....... Fast for a V6 lol... The awd option is amazing 20 years old and my favorite car so far.... ARAB MONEY