1998 Porsche Boxster

See Photos & Videos

Overall

FUTURE BUYER BEWARE

by Mechanic Trust from New York | February 25, 2014

I recently test drove this 1998 Porsche Boxster in the past 80 or something days. All though it looks awesome, it is a future Money Pit and Lemon. At first I thought it was the roads which were making the interior noise, when I realized it was the gears. The entire time the dealer was rushing me through the test drive and was very evasive and vague when I asked him questions. Pulling over I looked under the hood with the engine idling, what I heard was a slight noise in the engine. The dealer kept reassuring me that everything was okay. The person/employee who took me for the test drive was polite, however not very knowledgeable in Porsches. I have owned two Porsches in my life, and I am a certified mechanic working in upstate New York for the past 30 years. BEWARE OF THIS VEHICLE...Give it two months tops, and then open your wallet, and be prepared to shell out cash for a new engine and gear box. Why else do you think it has been sitting so long?

Awesome Experience

by FRANK THE REALTOR from Queen Creek az | December 17, 2013

So far so good. Great Team and Great job. They let me test drive it and take it home. It was a 2004 jeep wrangler limited with a lift kit.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Fun Car!

by Weekend driver from Cookeville TN | November 28, 2013

The Boxster with 73k miles is fun to drive. It sticks to curves like glue. It is definitely a 2-person car with very little storage in interior. I'm sure that it has an engine, but I have not yet seen it, although I have seen the place to add oil, if that ever becomes necessary.

Porsche Maintenance

by Maaspro from Canada | November 14, 2013

If buying used make sure the intermediate shaft bearing is updated if not invest the $2,500 or face catastrophic engine failure at a cost of $10-$18,000

As Promised

by Porsche Want To Be from Dalton, MA | August 13, 2013

Car was exactly as promised and expected. Make sure you get the ISB replaced upon purchase so that you do not have a bigger issue later on. That is what I did and have comfort the engine will last for years.

good fun weekend car

by car lover from California | June 5, 2013

I'm a Chevy power person but I was impressed whit the power my bosxter have I like it so much it has come to be my replacement for my muscle car

Red Porsche

by Red Porsche from knoxville,TN | October 2, 2012

Just purchased this vehicle but so far extremely happy with it. Has plenty opf power once RPM's are up and handles great. Bought for weekend use only....fun car...

advanced road machine

by fourcylinder from Santa Fe, NM | November 14, 2011

Plenty of pep and styling make this car an experience of being completely in touch with the road, acceleration, and the enviroment. Never had a car respond like this one to a drivers demands.

boxter heaven

by C-180 pilot from nothern minnesota | February 6, 2011

number one- pay a little more and buy low miles, you get what you pay for. Other than that these cars are great! you cannot beat a mid engine sports car, handling is unmatched for the price. It looks better than a 911 cabrio , every where it is parked I catch by- standers looking at it. It's fast ,feels very solid,wonderful brakes, shifts great, feels like it's on rails, the engine starts to sing at about 5000 rpm it is hard not to floor it every time, it is the sound of music. love this car but it is not for every one, it is best used as a second car

Bang For Your Buck!!!!

by The Porsche Nut from Fairfax, VA -New York, NY- Miami, FL | September 14, 2010

I've owned many cars in my life and have yet to experience a vehicle like this. Sure it has it's downs but all is forgotten on the open road. Ask any owner and the frist thing out of there mouths is, "its slow". Not!! With the right set up, you can keep up with most cars out there, including a 911. Yeah I said it and I can too, because I own two 911's. People forget how heavy the 996's are. This car is lighter, better handling and far more interesting. Over all, it's so much fun to drive even at 167mph you feel full control; at least I did ;-)

Featured Services for this Porsche Boxster