1999 Porsche Boxster

19 city / 26 hwy

Overall

most beautiful car I've owned

by trigger from the sea ranch, ca. 95497 | April 30, 2012

I love this car--like brand new with 8,351 miles, a beautiful rare pastel yellow porsche boxter with black top and tan interior.

Great Fun !!

by Doragman from Baton Rouge, LA | March 12, 2012

Bought my boxster used with 57k miles. Only issue is the cracked plastic rear window. Replacing the entire top will be about $1200 (with a glass window). Drives wonderful, engine sounds great, it just flows around turns, and still quite the head turner for a 13 year old car.

Fantastic car! Buy one now.

by 986 lover from | September 16, 2011

The Boxster is an amazing deal. You get so many people staring at you thinking wow look at that $50,000 Porsche. Little do they know that you can pick up a nice used one for about 15k. It has been very reliable and has good performance. Not as fast as a 911, but I bet it handles better. The mid engine makes this car handle like a million bucks. You only live once...Buy a Porsche!!

What a dream

by abbey41 from Pottstown, PA | August 13, 2011

I bought my 99 Boxster used, the guy put 32k on in 5 year so I got it just as it was broken in. It drives like no other car. My friend has a Corvette and he said the Boxster rides much better. I love this car and wouldn't trade it for any other car well another Boxster. It hasn't cost much in maintenance. I change the oil ever 7500 to 9000 miles and use Mobil 1. Great car the wife just loves to ride in it with the top down and could care less about the hair getting messed up.

Fantastic car

by 99 boxster lover from | March 19, 2011

Always handles great and can't be beat for the price. Gas mileage is great and it makes my 37 mile commute enjoyable.

1999 Boxster

by Boxster99 from Carmel, IN | November 7, 2010

Phenomenal driving experience. Before purchasing this I tested Z3's, SL320's, Camaro's. Porsche was the hands down winner. A really fun, affordable automobile.

Great fun

by Boxter fun from Dallas, TX | November 3, 2010

I got mine 1999 (auto) from the salvage yard with 75K miles and small damage to the front. Fixed it myself and now own a piece of automotive excitement. Note to owners: this car is really easy to work on. Basic maintenance can be done by anyone that can turn a wrench. The car drives like a dream. It takes few days of driving to really appreciate this thing. Dealer test drive does not do it justice. This is my secondary car but it is comfy enough to use as a primary car (I owned Miata for years which is a different story). 2 seat convertibles are blast to drive but with Boxter you get refinement and sporty drive. My automatic works great. Don't be afraid of it. Manuals are great but for daily drives my auto works perfectly. What a car!!

Hot Deal Through Cars.com

by Wine Lover from Granite Bay, CA | October 26, 2010

I found a 1999 Porsche Boxster with only 60,000 miles on it that runs great! The best part, I payed only 13K for it!! Try and beat that... I dare you! Good luck!!

1999 boxster

by jackman from medford nj | August 4, 2010

I bought my 1999 boxster new. Great fun after 11 years. Always garaged. I wish I could have afforded a 911, but I think for 1999 the boxster was better looking than a 1999 911. Reliability is very good. in all my 11 years I had to replace ignition switch, some kind of air mass sensor, tires and add rear speakers. The sound system was terrible. I added a short-shift linkage, BIG help. I would guess I spent around $4,000.00 in all my 11 years of ownership repairing, changing oil,tires, plugs, coils, etc. 43,000 mi. so far.

No regrets

by Bo from Myrtle Beach, SC | June 13, 2010

I have owned sports cars most of my adult life. The Boxster far surpasses the overall enjoyment of the British models I loved to drive. The handling is unmatched. The performance is spirited. The design beautiful. Heads turn whenever you pass a car enthusiast. The wife many times has asked for an evening cruise. (never happened with my other sports cars) At the office the Boxster is proof of my mid-life crisis. If I ever have any mechanical problems it will be expensive but a lot less trouble than a women on the side.

Featured Services for this Porsche Boxster