2000 Porsche Boxster

Available in 2 styles:  Boxster 2dr Convertible Base shown

Overall

14 Year Old Boxster S .....GREAT

by Targa Florio from Jacksonville Florida | May 17, 2014

Great handling....mid-engine with great weight distribution. Great power...light weight, S package worth the price. Great appearance...show room condition. The first time I test drove a Boxster S my wife advised I wipe the grin off my face before got back to the dealer or I'd pay too much. But I was patient, the one I bought was one owner, 14 years old, 28,000 miles, pristine condition. My advice, you can't do better than a Boxster S. Porsche owners take care of their cars. Patients pays off..

Rare car

by Joe from Rome NY | December 28, 2012

I Found this Boxster S wit a 966 package all carbon fiber interior appointments optional hard top an many more options never saw a Boxster this loaded low miles also

Fun Fun Fun!

by JJ300 from Berkshires | September 3, 2011

I was driving a Miata when the Boxster came into my life, while the Miata is a good car it's nothing close to the Boxster. It handles so fine yet the ride isn't punishing so I find myself enjoying every drive I take in this car. One major point I must bring up, the weakness in this car is the intermediate shaft bearing, this bearing can fail and destroy the engine. A new updated ceramic bearing is available and once replaced you don't need to worry. I did mine myself but its best left to a pro. Anyway, I love my Boxster!

Boxster S - Best Porsche

by Weekend Racer from Lafayette, LA | March 9, 2011

I have owned numerous Porsches, 944, 944 turbo, 911, 911 turbo, and a Boxster S. Yes the turbos were faster, but the Boxster S is just more fun to drive. The convertible top is very easy to operate as are all of the other controls on the car. Another great aspect of this car is the reliablity and easy of maintanance. I have all of the service records for this car since new and it has had very few problems for an 11 year old car. The only thing major was a new water pump after 10 years. Great car, fun to drive, and very reliable. By the way the S is not slow, the major expense for the car has been new back tires.

nice fun florida car

by prosthetist from orlando, fl | February 24, 2011

if you are reading this then yes, buy it. you won`t regret the looks or amazing road handling. i`ve got 19 285 35 rear wheels and they stick. people always look. sharp and fun.

Nostalgia Revisited

by morse from pawleys island, sc | December 28, 2010

I bought this car to relive some earlier adventures experienced in a 1956 356 Porsche I bought for $1,000 in 1966 while in the service in Oregon. It has delivered all the fun and memories as I remember them, while offering more HP, safety, performance, and yes, even style! I rented a car to pick it up, and the top down high speed 200 mile trip home took me back 44 years! As one admirer said at a rest stop, 'I always wanted a car like that!" "Me too," I said with a big grin!

Best all around ragtop

by Ocean Blue 986S from Miami, FL | September 24, 2010

Driving the 2000 Boxster S was intimidating at first, but after feeling how forgiving she is makes you feel confident in taking faster turns and driving harder. The 6 speed MT was a bit long stroked, but a short shifter remidied this. The 3.2 Boxes engine provides enough power to have fun without getting into serious trouble. The overall balance of the car is perfect and can be felt driving on (HPDE)track days where other cars lose control.

Most Fun Car I've Ever Driven

by No More Harley from Seattle, WA | September 2, 2010

Change is good right? I never thought I'd ever trade my Harley for a sports car, but...no regrets. This car is so fast and fun, I've never experienced anything like it. It's comfortable, and handles excellent in the curves. I bought it from someone who kept it garaged and covered, so its pristine. I test drove a BMW Z4, and it didn't even compare to the Boxster. If you are in the market, buy one. You won't be able to get the smile off your face.

Fun Roadster and true sports car

by Cadet from | June 15, 2010

Great handling in the true sports car roadster tradition. I have the base Boxster and it has plenty of power for fun driving. I buy the best top and wheel rim care products to keep the top (including the plexi-glass window) like new as long as possible (it still looks great after 10 years). Porsche dealer maint. is awfully high priced, so find a local guy to do the easy stuff like brakes, oil changes etc. Join the internet discussion groups for lots of $ saving tips. I just love to drive the twisties in this car; it makes driving fun. Actually, I could have afforded a 911 (986) but prefer to worry less about $ and be more liberal in my use of the car.

Value for the money

by Daniel Ferreira from Danville, VA | October 30, 2009

I recently bought a 2000 boxter in Chicago, it was a blast driving it home to Danville, VA. This is the best sports car I have driven for the money. The car handles great on corners (285/30/18 rear tires). The boxster's control and speed is definately unmatched in it's price range. The 911 may be faster, but only marginally more fun for twice the price. Boxter is a bargain!

Featured Services for this Porsche Boxster