2005 Porsche Boxster

20 city / 29 hwy

Overall

So Far So Good!

by Gt7ball1 from Lawrence Kansas | August 14, 2014

Two weeks and counting. No problems so far to date. I took the car to the dealer that performed all of the service. I traded a Audi TT for the car. I did not spend one dime on the TT in 11 years. Just oil and regular maintenance stops. The car only has 50K miles on it. I thought the drive would be similar, but oh boy is all I can say. Very Fun Car to own and drive. :)

the real truth

by former porschephile from Kansas City, Mo. | May 29, 2014

I bought a 2005 base boxster in Jan. of 2014 from a dealer with only 33,000 miles on it, and the engine failed catastrophically 88 days later. It was always serviced at the dealer, had zero history of any red-lines, or any other signs of abuse and now its just a visual piece of art. Its no longer a car. I'm presently trying to get Porsche to make things right; but so far nothing. All you need to do is go to Google and call up Porsche engine or boxster engine and read the horror stories for yourself.

My Retirement Toy

by Slumberfox from Tunkhannock, Pa. | February 5, 2014

This Boxster S is Red exterior and Beige interior. The car had low mileage and is in excellent condition inside and out. I have had every good luck buying LOW Mileage used cars online. The six speed transmission is fun to drive and very responsive to the foot pedal. I cannot wait for Summer top down cruising.

Fun, Fun, fun

by Wolfie from Vincennes, IN | January 15, 2013

I have had lots of different cars, I usually have 3 or 4 at a time the the 987 is the most fun car I have ever driven on the street. It is very comfortable and has great options. The only thing I don't like it the key location.

Love IT, Love IT, Love IT !!!

by SuperSteve from Long Island, NY | January 10, 2013

This is my second Boxster. It is a gorgeous Midnight Blue. My first was a 986 Guards Red Boxster Base model, so when I drove the bigger and more powerful 987 second generation Boxster S, I was blown away. So much more luxurious on the interior, more muscular appearance on the outside, and power, let me say going from 225 horses to 280 horses can be felt in the seat of your pants. Things I love are the handling characteristics, the Bose stereo, the power, and it is fun to raise the spoiler manually at the traffic light. Lowering or raising the soft top is flawless and takes less than 10 seconds. Handling is actually better than the 911, due to the mid engine placement. No oversteer here. Brakes are right on a dime. The fuel economy is reasonable for such a hot car, and did I say power? lol. The downside is the cost of maintenance, ouch, so it is imperative to find a competent independent mechanic for the work you decide not to perform yourself. Everything is expensive at the dealer, including oil changes at $225+. Learn to work on the Porsche yourself, and minimize the money pit, and maximize the fun factor. Would I buy it again? Of course, I would, and I did. After all this is my 2nd Porsche Boxster. Buy one, you will love it.

Porsche Boxster S

by boxster s from Rochester NY | December 19, 2011

Love it. great car to drive. you should buy 2005 and newer. also need to get the S. it very fast and fun too drive

Great Fun

by BosterS from Alberta, Canada | November 21, 2011

To drive one is to believe :) Pure fun, nothing like I've ever driven before, the handling is supreme

Absolutly fantastic !!

by Robert from St-Lambert | October 21, 2011

This is a dream come true. Everything is absolutly outstanding and incredible. I have to pinch myself evry time I look at it !!! Ouch ! Ouch!

Best sportscar I've Ever Owned

by AutoDR from Oregon | June 1, 2011

This is my second Porsche Boxster and I'm here to tell you it is the best sports car under $100K bar none. Anyone that says the Boxster S isn't a real Porsche, hasn't driven one. The car will do everything you ask of it and more. I will definitely buy another one! Very satisfied!

2005 boxter s

by melissa from los angeles | April 22, 2010

i have this car and i'm really happy with it its great preformance, good looking car, smooth ride, lots of power!

Featured Services for this Porsche Boxster