2006 Porsche Boxster

See Photos & Videos

Overall

2006 Porsche Boxster

by KJ from | September 2, 2012

Excellent handling like you are riding on rails. I previously had a Mazda Miata - this Boxster is 10 times better. Great styling and excellent gas mileage.

Great Sports Car that's livable Every Day

by Tommy D from Hamilton, NJ | June 11, 2012

I love the car and always wanted one. Bought from a top flight Porsche dealer Certified with 2 years of warranty, it's met all my expectations and is useable as daily driver. Granted, I only have to travel 1 day a week to work, but it is in center city Phila and the drive is more fun going to work then I've ever had. I put my golf clubs in, my wife and I take trips to the beach and all fit with some careful packing and somewhat smaller beach chairs, but it works and I get the best of both worlds. Top down motoring to the shore and a day at the beach. It's small inside and storage is limited, but it's a sports car and you learn to do things a certain way. My BMW 328i coupe I traded was more comfortable and user friendly with more features, space etc., but I never felt connected to the road and the driving experience, which is why I finally made the move. It's been worth it as i smile everytime I drive the car and look at in my garage.

Incredible handling

by car nut from | May 20, 2012

I loved my 2006 Boxster. After the redesign in 2005 this car is completely worthy of the Porsche marque. Not as as much power as the S, but very strong acceleration. Lots of mid range torque. The handling is amazing, surpassing that of the 911. The mid-engine balance allows very high cornering limits. The car was the most reliable I ever owned. Tires are expensive, but the Michelin PS2 tires I used were the best I've ever used. I got 25K on rears and 50k on the fronts. This car makes a great daily driver. Gas mileage is surprisingly good, consistently besting my Miata.

Porsche 2006 - Exceeds expectations

by smkdrew from MA | November 15, 2011

This summer I bought the Boxter S. I debated this, vs. the Caymen, and an older 911. I am very glad I went with the Boxter S. For the money, extremely powerful, built very well, and it turns a lot of heads. I am amazed at the craftsmanship of this vehicle. The power top runs flawlessly, the doors, seals, and joints are all very tight and perfect. Performance is excellent. Surprisingly I find it a little noisier with the top up, vs. down. I drive with it down way more than I expected as the wind is very well displaced over the top. Awesome car!

Fun for the Hill Country

by She She from Boerne, TX | August 21, 2011

Great fun and performance. Found a 2006 with just under 22K miles and in excellent condition. Had oil changed recenty and no issues so far. It's a weeked car so not putting any miles on it but sure looks good sittng in the garage. Too hot to drive with top down this summer but looking forward to driving in the Texas Hill Country when the weather cools.

Summer car

by YMe from Toronto, ontario, Canada | June 4, 2011

I purchase my first summer car this spring. Driving a Boxster S, is fun even considering that speeding is illegal. I am not saying that I do indulge in speeding, the fun is the acceleration you get with this mid engine vehicle. Driving it in city is even more fun, as one get to accelerate every corner! I realized that it is going to cost me on rubber shoes, but for the first summer at least I will indulge. No bad feeling anout anything yet, the boxster behave like a super charged go-cart, is is small, responsive to both accelerations and turn requests. I must say that I was a bit surprise at the stifness of the steering, but looking back, i think that it helps for a better control.

Boxster S - a small convertible pkg of PURE JOY!

by Dave T from Daphne, AL | March 9, 2011

I purchased my Boxster S with 14000 miles from our local Porsche dealer. It's cobalt blue with a grey top and that combination with 19" alloys and the red brake calipers...nice. I drove both the base version and the S model...there is just no comparison. The base model is under-powered and sluggish. Great if all you want is a roadster, but the S handles like a completely different automobile...like a sports car. There are certainly faster cars on the market, but the Boxster S is a lot of fun packed into a small convertible package!

Boxster S The Most Fun to Drive

by Boxster S Owner in Florida from Boynton Beach, FL | February 28, 2011

Super handling and ample power. Safe reliable performance in a great looking package. Mine is Guards Red with Tan leather.... mmmm good! I also have Carrera S wheels and Tiptronic, which is a great transmission and well matched to the power and torque curve of the 3.2 liter boxer engine.

Best Of Best

by EuroVIP from Anaheim, CA | October 7, 2010

Best car I've seen so far!!! Best car for the price and Best car to enjoy!! Top of the same class vehicles!!! Highly recommended!!!

Pure and Simple.....the BEST

by Sandbox from Columbia, Maryland | September 24, 2010

Have owned 3 Porsches and this Boxster S (Basalt Black/Sand) is simply the best....performs like a champ, looks like every design decision was spot on, interior feels like I wish all my furniture looked and felt, economical, flip top in an instant with lots of visual appeal in the process, and did I say....fast!!! This is the car I could live with indefinitely. It just does everything right and looks so good doing it. Thanks Porsche!!! Sandbox

Featured Services for this Porsche Boxster