2007 Porsche Boxster

See Photos & Videos

Overall

second boxster

by CA to NYC and back from Palo Alto | May 13, 2014

Love this car. Recommend getting extended warranty since reliability is great but did have engine glitch until 2009. Having said that I love this design and hate the 2013 'porsche eclipse' that is out now. So I picked this up for 24k with low mileage and added 2k for extended warranty. Low car payment and all the fun :) I tried to get into a 2009 or 2010 but would have been paying 40k for basically the same car.

Mid-engine delight

by Emperor of Wyoming from L. A. CA | November 17, 2010

Shortly after moving to CA in 1977, I purchased my first sports car; a 1974 Porsche 914 2.0. I kept it for twenty + years. What a fun car. Upon saying goodbye to my young and single days and becoming a family man, I sold it. After driving a sedan for twelve years I found myself missing the mid-engine fun, so, I decided to look for a new thrill and found it in the 2007 Boxster S. Wow! Virtually everything about this car is amazing; style, performance, sound, etc. etc. I get 28 mpg on the freeway with the top up and slightly lower with the top down. In town it gets about 18 mpg. This is the most fun car I've ever driven. There is nothing like whipping around a corner and taking advantage of the mid-engine superiority. Great!

Haven't had it long enough to form an opinion.

by BigAl from California | October 26, 2010

As a long time lover of sports cars, I think this recently acquired Porsche Boxter S will rate right up there with the best. So far I like the styling, appearance, fit and finish, handling and performance.

Fabulous sports car

by Rossa from Chambersburg, PA | February 25, 2009

Initially we bought the car for the trunk space (yep, that is the honest truth) especially as compared to other sports cars available. We were spoiled by our 87 Alfa Veloce Spider and when we go away for a weekend or a week, we like to take lots of stuff and make an occasional Costco run and still have fun. Boy, were we surprised though by the rest of package. The handling, braking, performance and comfort of this car have to be experienced to be believed. Now the nav system is old school but it can be operated by my wife while we are on the move (unlike our Lexus which has to be stopped) which makes it handy on the move. The Bose stereo is not quite the Mark Levinson but still darn good for a sports car and besides, listen to the engine, not the stereo! We have had no problems with radio reception as mentioned in other reviews and the CD section does work great. It was expensive as we optioned it up with all the toys we wanted as we plan to keep it for a long time but I think we will be pleased in the long haul as it is a great auto and we keep them for a long time.

easiest driving porsche

by Raddoc from Ambler PA | March 30, 2008

After owning a '74 TR 6 (fully restored) I had the insane desire to actually DRIVE my sports car, rather than visit it weekly, monthly or at times, yearly, in the shop. In September 2005 I purchased a new MB SLK 350, 6 speed with all the bells and whistles a modern sports car should have. Unfortunately, at 1500 miles the engine started using a quart of oil every 6-700 miles. 2 years , a new engine and an out-of-court settlement later I bought the car which has been the most trouble free, comfortable and best handling vehicle I have ever owned, a 2007 Boxster S. Apart from the failure of a lumbar support air valve, this car is flawless. No bad surprises, just perfect driving and great dealer follow through. This car is fast, quiet, fun and relatively fuel efficient (19 city, 26 hwy) . I have yet to find the curve that un-nerves it or me, while long road trips are effortless and the two trunks ( what, no motor???!!!) make for easy packing. The high initial cost is readily offset by the driving pleasure and build quality. Compared to a 911 C4S cabriolet, this is a performance bargain, with more trunk space and $50K saved.

Absolutely Wonderful

by Porschelover from Houston, Texas | May 31, 2007

Porsche has done an excellent job on the 07 boxster. I guess the only thing I don't like about it is the same old features as the 03-06 models. But it definately performs wonderfully.

Great car but Porshche missed some basics

by Casual drive who loves his topy from Northern VA | May 6, 2007

Had the car for almost 2 years (bought new in July 05) and love it. However, though the stereo (Bose) sounds great with CDs, the radio is garbage. Can't hold a station to save it's life--lots of static. Also, they skipped basic things the car should have: turn indicators on the outside of the mirrors (safety); a fully adjustable interval for the windshield wiper (only get to choose from one setting--theirs); the 6 CD changer is a changer in name only--it will only do random for ONE DISC at a time. Kind of defeats the purpose. The windstop is better than nothing, but still kind of noisy (and I've even had it replaced.) But, I still love the car and being able to lower the top @ 30mph is great. Front and rear trunk hold a ton of stuff (bagboys at the grocery store are alway impressed). The cruise control is not intuitive (at least not like my wife's Honda CRV), but still nice. You'd also think a car this expensive would have doors that automatically lock @ 20mph--but, sadly, only manual locks. Bit scary to drive with the top up. Too hard to see when changing lanes.

A move up from Honda S2K

by Chuck from Mechanicsville, Pa. | April 4, 2007

Just traded in a '04 Honda S2K and am pleased with the choice of the '07 Boxster. It drives and handles as well as the S2K but is much quieter and smoother. The interior is quality as would be expected of Porsche and a little roomier. There are many more options offered than on the S2K. Overall, I thought the S2K was an excellent performer and extremely well built. I expect that the Boxster will be equal in this respect. For the extra 20 grand, it should be.

Featured Services for this Porsche Boxster