2011 Porsche Boxster

19 city / 26–27 hwy

Overall

2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder

by Spyder Owner from Rochester, NY | July 3, 2013

If you are looking for a car with great looks, performance, history, and comfort you will find it in the 2011 & 2012 Boxster Spyder. I have rated a comfort as "4 stars" due to the fact that the car comes with carbon fiber racing seats, which aren't exactly comfortable for everyone, but everything is ergonomically placed around the cabin. The car is light at 2,811 lbs. and powerful with a 320 HP direct injection Flat 6 engine. The handling is incredible and may be one of the best of all time. Modeled after the original 550 Spyder/Giant Killer from the 50's, this car carry's the same "minimalist" character. Their are no 'creature comforts" beyond what you truly need to race around the twisty backroads and perfomance tracks. Yes...it has a manual top that takes about 2 minutes to install and store, but the overall sleak looks of the car, make it worth that little extra effort! A limited number were produced at an estimated 1,944 total for 2011 & 2012. You are not likely to see another one in your area!

Something Special - Boxster S

by MaDeMo from Louisiana | September 1, 2012

Comfort, Handling, Looks, Options, Performance, Storage - masterfully integrated & balanced in a true sports car. I have not had the 2011 Boxster S long enough (1100 mi.) to be accurate on reliability but like what I see so far.

Most fun car I have ever owned

by New Boxster S owner from Boston | August 6, 2012

My first Porsche. Traded in a BMW 328 sedan which I loved. Doesn't compare to the Porsche. I bought a 2009 S loaded with PDK. I enjoy every trip I take but last Saturday's drive from Boston to Kennebunkport ME with top down was best drive in my life. At 75 mph I down shifted from 7th to 5th and floored it. 95 mph in a split second. The handling is second to none. I highly recommend this car.

Found Used with only 5K

by henry R from Dallas, Texas | March 20, 2012

We love this car..Our first Porsche...after 9 years straight of MB ownership and 4 before that of BMW..I finally feel I have arrived....I know I don't qualify for the real Porsche peeps idea of ownership..but this car is the right price, style and power for my jaunts around town....If the fates allow I will move to a 911 someday..but right now I am ecstatic to be in my little green Boxster...FUN FUN FUN...

It's a REAL Porsche

by Hen from Dallas | March 2, 2012

This is my first Porsche , and while some Porsche snobs would say I don't have one yet....the looks from poeple as I drive down the street say otherwise. The car handles better than my BM'er did and better than my AMG C. It looks great and has a solid feel and the varoom is exciting....I may graduate to a real Porsche someday..but for now this is real enough for ME!

Incredibly Fun to Drive

by Spyder Owner from MA | February 28, 2012

Telepathic handling, great road feel without being jarring, beautiful design, quality construction, can't get enough of the sport exhaust music. With exception to the GT3 RS I really can't think of any other sports car I would rather own!

Best for the Money

by I Deserve It from Washington DC | February 17, 2012

Worth every dime. I test drove every convertible out there for a year and still glad I chose the boxster.

Worth Every Dime

by WindInMyHair from Mid-Atlantic | November 29, 2011

I've had many convertibles and none compare to the Porsche Boxster for the money. Would gladly buy it again. Fun, Sexy and Powerful

Can't get enough

by GlamMacgyver from Hermosa Beach, CA | June 20, 2011

I just purchased my 3rd Boxster and I really don't have anything bad to say about them. The car is so well balanced that I have yet to feel any kind of slip into corners, unless the tires are worn. Its so much fun to drive that I am constantly looking for excuses to go somewhere. The bluetooth is a nice upgrade, as is the iPod plug in, although it would be nice if it had more of the bells and whistles that other cars in the price range have.....BUT, its a Porsche and half the time I don't care about the other things because its so beautiful, handles well and the engine is like sweet music. Puuurrrrrrrr.

Dissastified Owner

by Lady B from Dallas, TX | May 27, 2011

Three days after purchasing the Boxster the door lock collasped into the dash board. The street noise is very loud while driving the car. The last one that I owned caused me enormous problems after two years.