The Cayenne comes in Base, S, GTS, Turbo and Turbo S trim levels. A V-6 and several V-8s are available. The Turbo S is all-new and features a turbocharged V-8 engine.
(Skip to details on the: Porsche Cayenne Turbo S)
New for 2009
For 2009, the Cayenne receives a revised touch-screen navigation system and an optional 40GB hard drive for music storage. Ceramic brakes are now optional on all V-8 Cayennes. The Turbo S is also new for 2009.
The Cayenne shares a strong resemblance to its Porsche-family relatives. The Cayenne Turbo gets additional front air inlets, power domes on the hood and a quartet of tailpipes.
The Cayenne is 188.9 inches long and 75.9 inches wide.
- Available 17-, 18-, 19-, 20- or 21-inch wheels
- Power liftgate
- Power/heated side mirrors
- Rain-sensing wipers with heated washer jets
- Optional panoramic sunroof
- Optional headlight washer (standard on Turbo, Turbo S)
- Optional directionally adaptive/bi-xenon headlamps (standard on Turbo, Turbo S)
The Cayenne's five-seat interior carries over mostly unchanged for 2009. Like other Porsches, the Cayenne features the make's signature instrument cluster and a sporty three-spoke steering wheel.
As for cargo, there's 19.1 cubic feet of space behind the seats and 62.5 cubic feet with them folded down.
- Leather upholstery
- Available genuine wood, carbon fiber or metal trims
- Steering-wheel-mounted controls, including cruise control
- Leather-bound dash and center console (Turbo, Turbo S)
- Optional 14-speaker Bose audio system (standard on Turbo, Turbo S)
- Optional navigation system (standard on Turbo, Turbo S)
Under the Hood
The Cayenne's base engine is a V-6, while the midlevel Cayenne gets a V-8. If you want even more power, there's a turbocharged V-8 on the Turbo and Turbo S.
- Standard full-time all-wheel drive
- 290-horsepower, 3.6-liter V-6 with 273 pounds-feet of torque (base)
- 385-hp, 4.8-liter V-8 with 369 pounds-feet of torque (S)
- 405-hp, 4.8-liter V-8 with 369 pounds-feet of torque (GTS)
- 500-hp, twin-turbocharged 4.8-liter V-8 with 516 pounds-feet of torque (Turbo)
- 550-hp, twin-turbocharged 4.8-liter V-8 with 553 pounds-feet of torque (Turbo S)
- Available six-speed manual transmission (base, GTS)
- Available six-speed automatic transmission with manual shift control (all models)
- Available adaptive air suspension with ride control (standard on GTS, Turbo, Turbo S)
- Available speed-sensitive, sport-tuned steering (standard on Turbo, Turbo S)
- Available limited-slip differential
- Available ceramic brakes (excluding base)
- Side-impact airbags
- Side curtain airbags
- Antilock brakes with brake assist
- Electronic stability system
- Traction control
- Optional front/rear parking sensors (standard on Turbo, Turbo S)
- Optional backup camera
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
This new flagship manages to muscle out more power from the Turbo's V-8. The new Turbo S can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 4.7 seconds. The model comes standard with Porsche's Dynamic Chassis Control, which features active suspension control that limits body lean during sharp turns.
Unique visual features include extended wheel arches and a matte-finished front grille. The dual-twin tailpipes are made of cast aluminum and were inspired by the Carrera GT's, Porsche says.
- 550-hp, twin-turbocharged 4.8-liter V-8 with 553 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission with manual shift control
- 21-inch alloy wheels, equipped with wide-aspect performance tires
- Leather-wrapped seats, steering wheel, shifter and dash
- Carbon fiber trim inserts
- Simulated suede headliner
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Porsche Cayenne
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.