2011 Porsche Cayenne

15–16 city / 22 hwy

Overall

Nicest car I've owned

by Porsche enthusiast from NJ | September 15, 2013

The Cayenne S is just plain amazing. Drives like a sports car with the versatility of a small suv. I went from an Armada to this. Lost space but don't miss it. Way too much fun to drive. I have two kids and all 4 of us have room. Sometimes you get what you pay for!

Best Vehicle I own

by Need a bigger garage from Denver, CO | August 2, 2013

The Cayenne Turbo has just the right combination of comfort, performance, luxury, and utility. The ability to lower the height is nice to access a roof rack, and the suspension settings make a big difference. The "sport" mode makes it handle like a sports car, but with four seats and a back end, I can't often take advantage of it without upsetting occupants! All the controls are intuitive and easy to access- you won't need to use the owner's manual. It looks great, even with a roof rack, and everything is solid and tight- no rattles or chintzy plastic parts that will break. The screen in the gauge cluster can be configured for audio, settings, nav, maps, trip info, etc. and it's a big help to have right in your vision when driving versus the center console.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

unbelievable

by Sportbuf from Mississippi | July 15, 2011

Have had my Cayenne now for 2 months. Chose the Cayenne over the x5 and very glad I did. Performance with the Cayenne S is superb. Exterior and interior styling are second to none. Mine is loaded and it is the only way to go. My only complaint is the ride is a little rough but it is a Porsche. If you can afford it buy it, you will not be disappointed. The Cayenne S has plenty of power , not worth the extra 40k for the turbo.

There is only one affordable high end brand

by Hgjmoore from California | May 14, 2011

Overall my wife loves the car. I can see why. We purchased the v-6 but the power and performance are respectable. Enough for her given daily chores and the like. Consider the v-6 strongly if you are considering the porsche hybrid. My wife was seeing better than 28 hwy on a recent trip. The only knock so far is that the upgraded seats require so adjusting...my wife is short so the car requires so adjusting to fit a shorter person.

There is no substitute!

by porsche123 from New York | February 2, 2011

Bought a V6 cayenne 1 week ago. I have owned many cars BMW's, corvettes, mercedes, lexus. This car has the most beautiful interior out of all of them. Very high class. Gorgeous exterior also. Plenty of power with the V6 especially if you place it in sport mode. Very precise steering. Car feels solid. Contoured seats feel like you are in a sports car.

Regret purchasing a Cayenne S 2011

by Dal of NJ from Hackensack | January 13, 2011

I bought the 2011 Cayenne S in Oct. 2010. It is true it takes a lot of oil. I was getting nervous when the engine oil came on couple of times. Also, my Cayene S has no basic options. I owned a Cayenne 2008 and that had all the options i wasn't looking for. The engine noise is annoying to listen to. I asked the service dept. but they said it was normal. But the toggle noise when you stop the car is a pain. Also, I intstalled heated seats and there was a problem with it the day i picked up the car. How unprofessional is that!!!! It was at the shop for 6 days and had to bring it back again. PLUS it was an outside job which they had to drive the car some place else and they used over 50 miles on my car and used all the gas. There goes another 50 miles used and gas. UNBELIEVABLE. Overall, I liked the 2008 Cayenne compared to the 2011.

I got what i paid for.

by allday from new york, NY | December 30, 2010

i just picked up my 2011 Cayenne Turbo last Wednesday. WOW! the performance is solid. although the steering is a bit stiff, but what else can you expect from a 500 hp suv. it handles very well it is a very balanced car. i pushed it around corners and it responded amazing. i really have no complains about this car... well maybe the fact that i did spend 140 on it. But i did get what i paid for. nothing less nothing more.

Pretty good so far...

by Dan from Denver | November 10, 2010

Well it is really expensive. So you would think you could go at least 1000 miles with out the check engine light going on. It's still at the shop and been there for 2 days. They say it's 5 new software updates that they are having to install which makes me pretty nervous. Especially because I was originally going for the basic Cayenne V6. Which I purchased. only to be told after waiting for about 10 days that they couldn't fix the computer glitch. ANyways long story short I ended up upgrading to the Cayenne S, and it's already in the shop at 800 miles. Other then that I absolutely love everything else about it. It drives so great and looks awesome. I just hope this computer stuff get's fixed. Stay tuned.....

Best SUV in the market right now!!!

by JKC from Atlanta, GA | November 1, 2010

I have had my '11 Cayenne S for couple of months and now ready to write my review. Two words comes to mind when it comes to this car - performance and solid. If you want an SUV, but want a sport car (and I'm not talking about an ordinary sedan) performance, this is it. My wife has a X5 and it doesn't compare. Like some expert reviews have mentioned, a vehicle this big should have the right to handle like it does. It being solid, it is. No squeaks or something sounds like it's loose. There's only been one other vehicle that I owned that gave me this solid feeling and that was my 1996 Lexus LS 400 (and I owned a lot of cars, SUVs, and trucks). As for the downsides of this vehicle (yes there are couple), it's expensive and eats up oil. Porsche is famous for charging for every option you put on their vehicles. This is good and bad. Good, in the sense, you can make your Porsche like no one else. Bad, you better make sure you have the money (they're not cheap). The other downside, as one reviewer mentioned, it does eat up oil like if there's no tomorrow. My Cayenne is not as bad as the other reviewer, but I have put in three bottles of oil and I have about 5K. Porsche claims that this should slow down after 5K. I'm waiting to see if it does. Although, not a big deal to me. It's like a person buying a gas guzzler and then complaining about it having horrible gas mileage. This is a high performance SUV, built by a sport car company - live with it. As for the rest of the points of this vehicle, Porsche has done their homework, studied some more, went in for the exam and got an A.

not happy with car

by wish i would have known from ny | October 24, 2010

I have leased a cayenne 2011 porsche since the end of June 2010 . The car rides very well but it burns through oil every 800-1000 miles. The light comes on that the car is at the oil minimum. I have 6000 miles on the car and I have had to put oil in around 6 times already. It is a pain to stop and find the synthetic oil that it needs. I have gone to porsche and they said it is normal to burn that amount of oil. I have never owned a car (range rover , lexus and honda etc) that i had to constantly fill with oil. I believe that the new cayenne's and panamera's have this problem because of the redesigned sealed engines. I never would have leased this car if i knew this information.