See Also: 2007 Porsche Cayman S

23 city / 32 hwy

Overall

UNPARALLELED PERFORMANCE

by DOCTOR PORSCHE from ROYAL OAK, MICHIGAN | July 28, 2014

I have owned this Porsche for a little over a year now and couldn't be happier. I have owned BMW's and SAAB's. The Cayman (base) is second to none and offers unparalleled performance. You can literally throw this car into corners at well over recommended speeds because of the perfect placement of the engine. There is tremendous feedback from the road and the level of confidence the Cayman provides makes driving this car seem as though its an extension of the body. I haven't had one service issue with the Cayman- MUCH more reliable than BMW's and SAAB's. The only issue I have with the car is the sound system. I have the standard (non-Bose) stereo and it is very weak. Definitely consider the upgraded system. I will, for the rest of my life, have either a Boxster or Cayman in my garage. Simply put, this is the most practical and fun sports car I have ever driven, and ascetically, its one of the most gorgeous cars on the road to the day. NICE WORK PORSCHE!

Super fun little car

by First time Porsche owner from Portland, OR | May 28, 2014

I've always owned BMW's and this is my first Porsche. I'm blown away by how much fun it is to drive. It's definitely smaller than any car I've owned before, but still comfortable. I'm 6' 2" and it has plenty of headroom. I don't quite sit as low as I would like. When I pull up to stop lights I have to lean down to see the stop light through the front windshield. Small price to pay for such a quick little coupe. So far I haven't minded only having two seats. It makes for a good excuse not to have to give people rides. That said, I love driving again! Granted I'm still in the honeymoon stage right now, I keep looking for reasons to take it out. The average person has no idea what kind of porsche it is. I've had 2 different strangers already compliment me on it, one person asked "Is that a 911?" No.. It's a 987. "Ohhh.." And the best thing? The sound! The engine sounds like a real sports car. It turns heads everywhere I go. I live in portland, and there are thousands of bmws. So far in two weeks I've only seen one other cayman, and when we saw each other we both nodded our heads, like, "Yeah.. You know."

Fantastic Car!

by Annie369 from Washington, DC | May 27, 2014

I have had a LOT of sportscars in my life, including a Porsche 911. This mid-engine Cayman is by far the most fun I have ever driving a car. The engine just purrs - the sound the engine makes is just incredible. I have only owned it 72 hours and I can't imagine owning another 2 seater. It is not really big inside. I don't imagine it would be comfortable for a big person. It fits me like a glove. I love the mid engine - handles better than my 911 did. It looks great but it is behind the wheel where the majic really happens!

driving is a blast again

by pilot john from Henderson, NV | April 23, 2012

Could not be happier with my 2007 Cayman. The base model has plenty of power.... amazing maneuverability. The exterior design is simply amazing. Interior is fine... but is not in keeping with the rest of the car.... Porsche makes options out of things that should be standard. Reliability thus far had been excellent. Overall..... this is one sweet ride!

Pretty Cool little car

by Joe S. from Edenton, NC | December 5, 2011

I've owned this 2007 Porsche Cayman NON-S for a couple of months now. I bought it used with 35K miles. I wanted a cool reliable car with good gas mileage for 30K. I compared the vettte (seemed a little red or old man trying to be cool) plus the reviews were not good. I also thought it would use too much gas back and forth to work. I also looked at the niss Z (seemed to be a little Fast & Furious). I'm 35 years old, by the way, not old but not young either. I also looked at the S model Cayman for the same money, but I thought the gas mileage would suffer with the bigger engine, and let's face it, the speed limit is 55mph in most places....70mph on the interstate. I also almost bought the Z coupe beemer, but the styling of the Cayman won out in the end. My Cayman is plenty fast once you get it over 3500 rpm. Its supposed to run 160mph. I have no complaints as far as performance. I wouldn't mind building a drag car for the track - but to most people that is red away from the track, and a gas hog. My only complaint with the Cayman is the gas mileage (and she requires premium) is not that good. With the first tank I was playing around some and had the A/C on and only got 22mpg !! This tank, according to the computer, I am going to get mid 20's. I drive it like a baby, and shift early, roll to my stops....I was hoping to get 30mpg with the way I drive, which is mostly highway - I live in a rural area. If the car wasn't so cool I would trade it for a new golf diesel which should get mid or high 40's. Girls seem to love this car, by the way. In person she is freakin beautiful. The brakes love to generate dust. If the road is bumpy, expect to have your insides blended. All in all though, I LOVE driving this car.

Sporty

by Cayma from Vallejo, ca | November 28, 2011

I have had this car for over four years. I have not had any problem with this car except for replaces the brake not that good on gas it will drank up 20 gallon quick.

Great Fun Car!

by Black Cayman S from Cal | October 24, 2011

Looks beautiful, sounds great, handles great. It's about as practical as a 2 seat sports car gets with a solid reliability record. The fun to drive index is off the chart!

Best car I've ever had.

by kittykat from Rhode Island | August 18, 2011

The looks are great but the handling is like nothing I've experienced before. A ton of fun to drive. Plenty of power. I like to just sit in it.

Work of Art

by Rick from Washington, DC | April 19, 2011

I bought because it's beautiful. In fact, it's so beautiful I am almost afraid to use it. (A client of Frank Lloyd Wright, the legendary architect, was once asked how she felt about the fact that her house leaked. Her reply: "What do you expect when you leave a work of art out in the rain?") But when I do drive out on a beautiful, sunny weekend, it's a joy.

Cayman S - more fun than barrel of monkeys

by Only owned performance cars from San Jose | April 9, 2010

Terrific car. Bought an '07 with less than 6K miles on it. Handles great, looks great and slickest gear box I've ever had the pleasure of drive. Good news? Oil/filter only needed to be changed annually or every 12K.

Featured Services for this Porsche Cayman