See Also: 2007 Porsche Cayman S

Est. MPG

23 city / 32 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

driving is a blast again

by pilot john from Henderson, NV | April 23, 2012

Could not be happier with my 2007 Cayman. The base model has plenty of power.... amazing maneuverability. The exterior design is simply amazing. Interior is fine... but is not in keeping with the rest of the car.... Porsche makes options out of things that should be standard. Reliability thus far had been excellent. Overall..... this is one sweet ride!

Pretty Cool little car

by Joe S. from Edenton, NC | December 5, 2011

I've owned this 2007 Porsche Cayman NON-S for a couple of months now. I bought it used with 35K miles. I wanted a cool reliable car with good gas mileage for 30K. I compared the vettte (seemed a little red or old man trying to be cool) plus the reviews were not good. I also thought it would use too much gas back and forth to work. I also looked at the niss Z (seemed to be a little Fast & Furious). I'm 35 years old, by the way, not old but not young either. I also looked at the S model Cayman for the same money, but I thought the gas mileage would suffer with the bigger engine, and let's face it, the speed limit is 55mph in most places....70mph on the interstate. I also almost bought the Z coupe beemer, but the styling of the Cayman won out in the end. My Cayman is plenty fast once you get it over 3500 rpm. Its supposed to run 160mph. I have no complaints as far as performance. I wouldn't mind building a drag car for the track - but to most people that is red away from the track, and a gas hog. My only complaint with the Cayman is the gas mileage (and she requires premium) is not that good. With the first tank I was playing around some and had the A/C on and only got 22mpg !! This tank, according to the computer, I am going to get mid 20's. I drive it like a baby, and shift early, roll to my stops....I was hoping to get 30mpg with the way I drive, which is mostly highway - I live in a rural area. If the car wasn't so cool I would trade it for a new golf diesel which should get mid or high 40's. Girls seem to love this car, by the way. In person she is freakin beautiful. The brakes love to generate dust. If the road is bumpy, expect to have your insides blended. All in all though, I LOVE driving this car.

Sporty

by Cayma from Vallejo, ca | November 28, 2011

I have had this car for over four years. I have not had any problem with this car except for replaces the brake not that good on gas it will drank up 20 gallon quick.

Great Fun Car!

by Black Cayman S from Cal | October 24, 2011

Looks beautiful, sounds great, handles great. It's about as practical as a 2 seat sports car gets with a solid reliability record. The fun to drive index is off the chart!

Best car I've ever had.

by kittykat from Rhode Island | August 18, 2011

The looks are great but the handling is like nothing I've experienced before. A ton of fun to drive. Plenty of power. I like to just sit in it.

Work of Art

by Rick from Washington, DC | April 19, 2011

I bought because it's beautiful. In fact, it's so beautiful I am almost afraid to use it. (A client of Frank Lloyd Wright, the legendary architect, was once asked how she felt about the fact that her house leaked. Her reply: "What do you expect when you leave a work of art out in the rain?") But when I do drive out on a beautiful, sunny weekend, it's a joy.

Cayman S - more fun than barrel of monkeys

by Only owned performance cars from San Jose | April 9, 2010

Terrific car. Bought an '07 with less than 6K miles on it. Handles great, looks great and slickest gear box I've ever had the pleasure of drive. Good news? Oil/filter only needed to be changed annually or every 12K.

Unbeatable for the price

by Porsche Driver from Raleigh, NC | January 28, 2010

For the price that you can find these used Caymans with the outstanding Porsche Certified warranty, there's no reason to get a new German hot hatchback instead of the real deal. You'll never regret seeing it in your driveway. I also have a pickup truck and the plan is to drive the truck half of the time to keep the Porsche's mileage down... I haven't driven the truck to work since I bought the Porsche... warranty and 2.9% financing... a no brainer...

Hard to hold back... it wants to GO !!

by Cobalt Blue from Chicago, IL | August 8, 2009

Impressive sports car! Great design. Handling is the best- like on rails! Difficult to drive in everyday traffic because it just wants to run... full potential can never be used legally on the roads. May want to upgrade to the "S" model and PDK if $ were not an issue. Spend a lot of time driving one around before you upgrade to that level of $$$, for you may only drive this car on the weekends- traffic congestion makes this car a drag to drive. PASM may help with the stiff ride if that is an issue for you- for you will feel every bump in the pavement without it. Overall- awesome performing, handling, fun car to drive. Lots of looks... great sound! Yes- the engine is a little loud inside the cabin, but that's because of the mid-engine design.

third and final porsche

by peter porsche from massapequa, ny | April 3, 2009

this car is the best performing porsche i've owned. it out performs the 911 on the road especially on high speed turns. it is the right size and weight which is also reflected in the gass mileage. if driven within speed limit on parkways i achieve 28 miles to the gallon. the fit and finish is typical for a superior car builder. i would recommend this car to drivers who want exceptional performance beautiful lines and deep pockets.

Featured Services for this Porsche Cayman