See Also: 2009 Porsche Cayman S

19 city / 26–27 hwy

Overall

What a machina

by Shady from TN | August 19, 2014

The 09 cayman is simply an incredible machine. I've had cars with almost twice the hp and Tq but the driving pleasure of the cayman is unparalleled. It's mid engine chassis balance is like few in the world along with light weight. The shifter is smooth and the exotic sound from the perf exhaust raises goose bumps. I hope to keep this gem forever and pass it on to my son or daughter one day!

Perfect Balance

by Ty,s Cayman from Cortlandt, NY | November 8, 2013

I traded in my 2011 Audi TT for this 2009 Cayman because I wanted to feel like I was actually driving a car as opposed to a car driving me. I have the base 265hp model and it is everything that my wife and I could ask for. Excellent build quality, outstanding handling but most importantly the numbness that I felt in my Audi is no longer present. Fuel milage isn't quite as good as the TT, but I don't care as the performance is on a different level. If your tired of numb sport coupes and long for something that can give you smiles on the road as well as the track look into a Cayman. You won't be disappointed.

A Car For One Purpose

by DRAT63 from Johnson City, TN | March 27, 2012

If you want a car that you can drive in a sporty fashion and get some time on the track, this is one of the best for the price. The Cayman S is worth the extra price compared to the Cayman if pulling G forces and "riding on rails" is what you desire while getting over 20 mpg. This is a car for a singular purpose and I love it!!!!!

Cayman Awesome Except for Blown Engines

by Ol Smokey from North Carolina | December 3, 2011

I overextended and bought the dream car of my life. It would blow a large white plume of smoke on startup and the dealer claimed it was normal. However, if you google 'Cayman Engine Failure' you'll see that this is a common problem and many engines not only smoke but blow up. Don't take my word for it, do your research before you spend this much money on your dream car. Porsche will not support you.

2009 Porsche Cayman

by Lion of Flanders from Durham, NH | September 6, 2011

Wanna make commuting more enjoyable? The Porsche Cayman is an awesome sports car - fun to drive, good on gas and has eye popping style. Have you ever had someone drive up beside you to take a photo of your car - with a Cayman you will!