The four-seat Porsche Panamera is a large four-door hatchback that competes with full-size luxury cars like the BMW 7 Series, Aston Martin Rapide S and Mercedes-Benz S-Class. For 2014, Porsche adds the Panamera S E-Hybrid, its first plug-in hybrid. It replaces the Panamera S Hybrid.
(Skip to details on the: Panamera S E-Hybrid)
New for 2014
In addition to the new S E-Hybrid model, the Panamera 4S and Turbo are now available in longer-wheelbase Executive form. A new twin-turbo 3.0-liter V-6 that makes 420 horsepower and 384 pounds-feet of torque goes in S and 4S models.
Exterior changes include a steeper windshield angle for what Porsche says is a more aggressive profile, larger front air intakes, a new trunk lid and a wider rear spoiler.
- Wheelbase on Executive models is 5.9 inches longer
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Available 19- or 20-inch wheels
- Four-position power rear spoiler
- Bi-xenon high-intensity-discharge headlamps
- Available full-LED headlights
- Seats four
- Eight-way-adjustable power front seats
- Leather upholstery
- Dual-zone air conditioning; four-zone climate control available
- Available 16-speaker Burmester premium stereo
- 7-inch dashboard touch-screen
Under the Hood
- Base 310-hp, 3.6-liter V-6
- 420-hp, twin-turbo 3.0-liter V-6 (S and 4S)
- Available 440-hp, 4.8-liter V-8 (GTS)
- Available 520-hp, twin-turbo 4.8-liter V-8 (Turbo); 570 hp in Turbo S
- Seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission
- Rear- or all-wheel drive
- Stop-start technology
- Available active suspension
- Front and rear side-impact airbags
- Side curtain airbags for both rows
- Antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system and traction control
- Available adaptive headlamps
- Available adaptive cruise control
- Available blind spot warning system
Panamera S E-Hybrid
The Panamera S E-Hybrid is Porsche's first plug-in hybrid, and it's an evolution of the previously available S Hybrid model. The S E-Hybrid can travel up to 15 miles on electric power, and it can be fully charged in about 2 1/2 hours using 240-volt service.
- Uses a 333-hp, supercharged 3.0-liter V-6 with a 95-hp electric motor and a lithium-ion battery pack
- Eight-speed automatic transmission
- Rear-wheel drive
- Porsche says the S E-Hybrid can accelerate to 60 mph in 5.2 seconds and has a top speed of 167 mph
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2014 Porsche Panamera E-Hybrid.