2014 Porsche Panamera

Starting MSRP

Overall

Traded the 2012 Jag XJL Supercharged

by ejerod from Chesapeake VA | June 26, 2014

I impulsively purchased the 2014 Porsche Panamera Turbo Executive when I stopped by the dealership to actually look at the new Jaguar F type. The F-Type was cramped so I walked to the next showroom and saw this Black/Black beauty that I had sat in several times over the past 8 months. I had never driven a Porsche before so the salesman convinced me to take a test drive.... all I can say is WHOA!!! I'd heard for years from Porsche owners.."you have to drive it to understand!' He took me out and just took the car through it's paces. This thing ran like a cat that wandered into a dog fight in a junkyard and it wasn't even breathing hard. I swear it was eating a fish sandwich while taking an off ramp at 65 MPH with no tire squeal, and when we came out of the turn, the PDK downshifted and we took off like we were in the Batmobile! I have to be honest, I had a bit of buyers remorse a couple of days later, because I was one of those people who said I would never pay almost 200k for a car ( and my wife made me promise I would only drive it on the weekends) but after a couple of days, it reminded me of why I bought it on a whim! I've owned 4 Mercedes Benz ( 2 S Classes,one of which I kept for 8 years and drive for 185k Miles), 2 Lexus and 2 Jaguars. NOTHING compares to this car as far as fit, finish, reliability, comfort and just pure fun! I don't get the number of looks I used to get in the 2012 Jag XJL Supercharged , but I also don't have little things like a popping sun roof, gaskets coming off the rear windshield etc, the wood panel on the rear door popping off for no reason etc. My thinking was, if these things are happening that I can see, what's happening that I can't see that will cost me big time later? I keep reading about the New S Class.. nice car, but Mercedes has fallen off their game too. The quality isn't what it used to be. This Porsche however is proof of the old saying.. " you get what you pay for!" If you can afford to buy anything you want... BUY THIS CAR!!!