2012 RAM 1500

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Rattling RAM

by Multiple truck owner from Bangor, ME | April 17, 2014

2013 RAM: The headliner squeeks when going over bumps, the fold down seat/drink holder in the front shakes so much you can not have a drink in it, there is a rattle somewhere over by the passenger door going over bumps, occasionally there is a rattle noise that sounds like it is behind the radio. Can't wait until it gets 8,000 miles on it what new developments will arise. Mostly the interior is laid out well but the shifting lever on the column is too long, it blocks the view of the 4x4 engagement knob and I hit it constantly reaching for the radio. I have the chrome clad wheels "upgrade" (clad means a bolt on hubcap) which I dove through snow in my driveway, the next day I thought the truck was going to shake apart as it collected snow between the wheel and cladcap and had to be manually cleared out. The truck is constantly trying to upshift and is never in the proper gear for a hill or passing, it will actually shutter at approx. 27 miles an hour as it is in too high a gear, happens again at just under 40 mph. With a 6 speed transmission I wouldn't expect this. The truck is by far the best looking truck out there but how it made Car and Driver's Truck of the Year once let alone twice is beyond me.

very nice truck so far

by ram worker from southeastern. ct | November 3, 2013

The dealer was the problem interest is high .still have not received owner manual. they told me that they would put a plow on it and now say no terriable dealership

Incredible Truck!

by First Time Truck Owner! from Columbus, OH | September 27, 2013

I can tell there is a ton of thought & engineering that went into my RAM1500. The longhorn package adds an unbelieveable level of luxury. I am the envy of colleagues who drive BMW & Mercedes. the quality is of the highest level. I love my truck & recommend it highly!

Vegas Rode Trip

by G Wash from Northern Utah | August 17, 2013

2012 Ram 1500 Limited. Mileage as of today 13,140. Only 1 required oil change since I have owed my 1500. Using the trucks oil monitoring system for maintenance. I have had no interior or exterior problems as of yet with the this truck. I use my truck for commuting to work, home errands, and road trips. Living in the west we have higher legal road speeds and more steep grades. I just drove to Las Vegas. That was 467 miles one way. My average speed was 77 mph and 82 mph when allowed. When eco-drive engage I averaged 20 to 25 mpg on flat ground with cruise set. With 8 cylinders firing I average 16-19 mpg. Both averages dropped when hitting a head wind. Made the trip on 1 tank of fuel. Results verified on return trip. 1 tank of fuel used and the same speeds driven. While driving at speed the truck didn't get unsettled when I hit bumps and ruts at speed. City Driving. I drove 3 times in Las Vegas rush hour traffic. I was able to maneuver through the congestion. No problem. The torque and horsepower worked great together. Gave me the able to get out of trouble as well as keep with the flow of traffic. The brakes also get good marks. I had to drive in heavy stop and go traffic no brake fade was felt. Visibility was great. I could move from lane to lane when a opening presents itself. Also able to execute U turns with no problems. Parking was not a great issue. You utilize the same space as any other truck on the market. The interior is very comfortable. The seats are leather and firmly padded. The seat fans kept me comfortable which meant I was alert while driving. A/C worked well in the 103 degree days of Las Vegas. I have one complaint about seats. The passenger seat has less adjustments for comfort and body position. I don't always drive and I want to be comfortable regardless where I sit.

2012 Ram quad cab 4.7

by nickjanet from New Jersey | July 29, 2013

truck runs great the 4.7 lacks some power but still gets the job done. Real fuel mileage is 13 city and 17 highway. I use this truck for everyday driving and pull a 14 ft enclosed trailer.

Uses car for Towing

I'm in love with this truck.

by Houston Owner from Houston, TX | May 2, 2013

2012 Ram 1500 Crew - Lone Star - Maroon 4X4 - Hemi - Leather - all black interior This truck is a monster! I've put 10K on it, bought in November 2012, have had no mechanical problems whatsoever. Installed the Rough Country 2.5" level kit at 4K, have had no problems. I'm incredibly particular about my vehicles and have mine has a small imperfection in the paint on the B pillar, and the front driver quarter panel has some uneven panel gap. Outside of that, this thing is perfect. Tows like a dream with the trailer brakes.

Dealer was dishonest

by Followet from California | April 30, 2013

I went to the dealer who said he had a 2012 Ram ST. When we got there he said the truck had just been sold. But he had a 2013 for just a little more $6000. We thought about it and tried to negotate him down as we had only the money for a cash payment of the truck we intended to purchase. We traved over a hundred miles to visit this dealer. He then offered to finance the balance. Since we have bad credit the interest rate was extrodinaryly high. 22% We walked out with him the sales man still trying to sell us.

Best one yet

by Ram Lover from Myrtle Beach, SC | April 11, 2013

Just purchased a used 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Crew, black exterior, tan interior. I love it. Super smooth, very strong engine (as expected) and very capable for any job. I owned a brand new 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad previously, same colors, loved that truck - never should have sold it. So far, I have just done some light hauling, which it handles with ease. I did a good bit of hauling with my '05, so I know this one will tow handily as well. So far, no issues or complaints, except gas mileage of course, but that is to be expected with the HEMI. Everytime I ride by a Chevy, Ford, Toyota full size, I imagine the owner is saying to him or herself - "Man, thats the truck I SHOULD have bought!" - I just laugh and keep on riding. The RAM is the best looking truck on the market, and the best value. Buy one, you will love it, too.

disappointed 2012 dodge sport owner

by renegade920 from wrightstown, wi | March 19, 2013

bought this 2012 dodge sport, only have had the truck for maybe 6-7 months currently have only 8500 miles on it and it has been sitting at the dealership for the past 4 days with an engine knock (sounds like someone is taking a hammer to the engine block when running)

first truck

by Krieger from Vermont | February 28, 2013

the fist ram I bought new was a 2010 ram 1500 trx4 off road slt crew cab & was a complete lemon! rear main engine seal leaking at 150 miles, power seat burnt out, led mirror lights burn out ever 2 weeks, front transfer case leaks, ect... after 19 months dealership bought truck back and I picked out a 2012 ram 1500 big horn slt crew cab, hemi, 3.92 rear diff, lux group, ect.... perfect truck so far and I have 10,000 miles on it with the only problem ever was a faulty dash sensor that kept the headlights on in the daytime and was fixed the 2nd day I owned it under warranty. no complaints on this truck, I feel like everything you buy...........you either get a good one or a bad one! Plenty of power almost too much with the 3.92 rear diff, and I love the factory duels! I used to be a GM guy but got weary with all the ball joints repair, breaks & rotors every year & engine leaks!