2013 RAM 1500

See Photos & Videos

Overall

What I thought and More

by Vetster49 from Manhattan, Kansas | April 8, 2014

Searched for 45 days to get the best price on a 2013 with low miles and clean. More than once the price tag of even used delayed my purchase despite my love of this Laramie trim Ram. Finally pulled the trigger thinking all the tablet type technology and superb comfort was the must have's. Then learned about features I didn't even bargain for adding to the excitement, rather then the buyers remorse I usually get. This babe has everything and more for technology, style, and comfort. Don't think your getting 19-20 mpg though, it loves gasoline. Mine is the 4x4 crew cab with the Hemi and I average about 16-17 with a mix of city/highway of 40/60. It' WORTH IT!

Problems

by Wade from florida | April 3, 2014

within 7-8 months of ownership new 2013 Ram--the AC compressor went out, then the rt rear LED panel went out--then a high pressure line to the AC unit went out. I like the look, handling and other features of this truck but my confidence in it's reliability is shaken

Content owner

by poncho from Splendora, Texas | March 4, 2014

Not my father's truck, or the trade-in I had. The vehicle is a tablet surrounded by well designed and fitted sheet metal. Interior is well thought out and features are within reach. Ride is more car like than truck yet still has a good payload. This was a previously owned purchase and original owner took great care of vehicle. Very satisfied with all aspects of this 2013 Ram 1500, cudo's to Chrysler engineer's and designer's!!!!!

dodge ram 1500

by jeepers from herrin, ill | February 20, 2014

I drove this truck to Canada twice 2000 thousand miles round trip. ran 75 - 80 mph most of the way, gas mileage was 19 -22mpg. no trouble all the way. great truck, this is my third one, in five years. I would recomend these to any one. rusty ansinelli

Really smooth ride and power too for a v-6

by scott estep from Huntington WV | January 26, 2014

Ram 1500 4x4 v-6(305hsp) has more power than my old dodge magnum 1500-5.9 360 v-8 (260hsp) also has more leg room in the back than my old 2005 Durango plus the 4x4 is amazing in this 2013 you feel it lock in at the touch of the button! The ride is so smooth feels like your driving in a Chrysler 300 but better! I often forget that I am driving a truck! The only mistake to my ram crew cab 1500 4x4 is they left out the shifter! I really hate that dial type shifter I have turned the heater on and off a hundred times instead of the gears!

Different...but good !

by Ram Bunctious from Lancaster, Calif | January 4, 2014

Waited for about six months to give an objective evaluation. On the plus side, this is the smoothest truck I have ever driven. Handles well both on the road and in town. Interior comfort is darn good and the nav/veh info/entertainment package is beyond compare. I have not experienced electronic issues other have mentioned. Like driving a high end sedan. On the other hand.....the same suspension that makes the truck drive so smoothly also make it feel very 'soft' with a load. I have not yet installed rear air bag suspension. Suprisingly, I am a little dissapointed with the 5.7 Hemi. For a vehicle that likes to shout out about it's 400 (ok, 395!) horsepower, this motor seems a little weak. Perhaps the new 8 spd automatic won't let it wind up. Thus far the tranny is a pleasant surprise. After some initial "gear hunting" it seems to have smoothed out nicely. Highway milage for full size V8 truck is everything Chrysler said (23/25 +) and sometime a little more. Very pleased. In town, not great, but still good. Overall, for around town and light towing and hauling, it's two thumbs up. For heavier stuff and distance towing get one of the big diesels...but you already knew that!

Smooth as silk

by Tom from Central Louisiana | December 27, 2013

I've driven ford for the last several years and wanted to go to a 4dr crew and was looking at toyota tacoma and nissan frontier. First of all I purchased a 2013 crew Ram with the hemi for less then I could get a tacoma and about the same price as the frontier and I'm glad I did. It rides way smoother and power is not even in the same ball park but Fuel mileage is. On my last tank I got 19.65 mpg and that is not the computer telling me it's me actually checking it the old fashioned way,gallons/miles. The Ram is a well built truck and yes I did look at some fords and chevys but Ram beat them all. As for reliabilty I can't say as I've only had it for a month but I'm a mechanic and do it for a living and to be honest I don't work on as many Dodges as I do the others so I'm not concerned. It is a machine so anything can happen but it can with all of them. GET A RAM....... You'll be surprised.

Great ride, good fuel economy, awesome styling

by New to recreational light duty trucks from Sacramento, California | December 11, 2013

Title says it all. 2013RAM 1500 SLT should make you forget about the Tacoma, Frontier, and even a high end Ridgeline. For versatility of light duty trucks the 1500 can't be beat and it is priced in-line with the above mentioned foreign trucks. Reliability is an unknown since the 1500 for 2013 has a number of redesigned components. Better chassis, rear coil suspension, and a 306 hp V6 with an 8 speed automatic transmission. The U-connect electronics seem well integrated with radio, Bluetooth, and Navigation. Need to add back-up camera when mirror includes booth tooth mikes. I had to cobble together an aftermarket system: hi-def display, front mounted camera, and back mounted camera either-or relay switched, which works quite well.

pleasant surprise

by Ram Man from Jena La | December 8, 2013

This is the first Chrysler product I've owned since the 80's. I had a 77 dodge truck which was pretty tough but not very refined and wouldn't run when the weather was wet (ignition would get damp) and nasty. I was in the market for a new truck and looked at the mid size trucks and was dealing on one when I seen a ram 1500 on cars.com and the price for the crewcab with the hemi was about the same for the smaller truck and fuel mileage ratings were close. I'm soooooo thankful I went with the RAM, power is not even in the same universe as the small truck and fuel mileage is about the same and it rides much better then the smaller truck. The room is also unmatched. I'm very pleased with the Ram and would recommend it to anyone. Only complaint is the hump in the passenger floorboard, other than that Chrysler group has done a great job.

Most smooth, quiet ride in most beautiful pickup

by Coloinal Petersen from Tea, SD | October 31, 2013

I wish that all of the truck had been metal rather than plastic or fiberglass in places. The hood scoops are not real in the sense that no air is allowed to pass through them. I also wish the RAM 1500 had better fuel mileage. Other than this, the RAM 1500 Sport in Cherry Crystal Red has the most beautiful exterior and interior that I have seen, and is THE MOST, quiet, MOST smooth ride in any truck I've ever driven or rode in. At such a high price, it should be characterized as such and like I said above, I wish the truck were all metal--titanium perhaps for its light weight and strength. The mpg is something I ill learn to live with, and the hood scoops look great, I just wish they allowed air to pass in an out.