2014 RAM 1500

Starting MSRP

Overall

2014 Ram 1500 v6 8speed

by Mike from Idaho | January 21, 2015

I have driven many trucks and have owned 3 Ford f150 trucks. Yes they were good trucks and was happy with them for the most part. I bought a Ram 1500 with the Pentastar v6. I wanted gas mileage and still able to pull my trailer. This Ram is very comfortable and has the power that I need. Very impressive overall. I pull a 4800 lb. travel trailer and mostly use it for daily transportation. The MPG is what I really like.

Ram 1500 Great Truck

by Harley guy from Agoura, CA | January 8, 2015

I bought a 1500 Ram Limited, don't regret it. I have had Fords all my life and wanted to try something different. Great gas Mileage, have all the bells and whistles. Love the ride. You really can't go wrong with this truck.

2014 1500 Limited - This truck is exellent!

by Nick from WA | December 24, 2014

This is my first truck after researching and test driving all others. It's the best interior hands down, and the exterior styling is also the best. Mine has the Limited Appearance Package (chrome bumpers), 3.92 rear end gears, Hemi, 8 speed, 32gal tank, forged wheels, etc... it has absolutely everything on the list except the towing mirrors. So far I have had no problems whatsoever wit this truck. There are only 2 things that bug me about this truck, and it's the projector halogen headlights that are too weak (I'm used to HIDs) and the break pedal that is way higher than the gas pedal making it impossible to just shift your foot between pedals, you have to lift your leg. Hopefully they'll correct this pedal design soon. Other than that, this is one excellent truck, way ahead of the others both in the interior and exterior designs - and that Hemi engine with 3.92 gears... what's not to like?

Tradesman base model is perfect!

by craigery from | December 12, 2014

I bought the base 1500 model, Ram Tradesman. I purchased it for a couple thousand LESS than the MSRP. I am totally satisfied. The 3.7 l base engine has more than enough power; the 8 speed transmission is completely smooth. The computer shows all kinds of things not normally shown on the dash, like oil pressure/temp, hours driven and idle, transmission oil temperature, exact tire pressure in EACH tire. The standard bench seat is actually two buckets with a seat or armrest in the center. Check them out!!!

RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Rocks!

by New Ram Owner from California | November 11, 2014

I bought a 1500 RAM EcoDiesel 6 months ago and have clocked 10,000 miles. I do a lot of highway driving, but also need a tow vehicle for toys (boat, classic car). The 3.0 liter diesel offers the great combination of torque with fuel mileage/range. In fact, while skewed because of a lot of highway driving, my average fuel economy is > 27 mpg. The 8-speed trany and short gear range keeps the engine in its max torque position sooner and longer. You know you are driving a diesel, but it ain't your father's sluggish, loud diesel. My SLT/Big Horn has plenty of creature comforts, including a rocking stereo and seats that are comfortable even after a 3-hour ride. I’m a big fan.

First time Ram truck owner

by Photojournalist from Fairhaven | November 10, 2014

2014 Ram Sport w/Hemi 5.7 liter V8. Purchased from CSCJD. After many years of purchasing new vehicles, (I'm a senior) I must say that this was my best experience. (Thanks Michael and the rest of the sales staff.) They worked with me to make this a good experience while purchasing a great truck. The quality, both inside and outside, is exceptional. With all that this truck does, I am most impressed with the fuel-saving technology the most. There are too many features to mention here, but I must also mention the EVIC located on the instrument panel. Talk about the driver being in-tune with his truck... Anyway, a good buying experience and a great truck.

BUYER BEWARE

by Disappointed Buyer from Calif | October 27, 2014

Love the truck, no issues EXCEPT - you can not put snow chains on the 1500 unless you have very thin wheels. This would have been a deal breaker for me had I known. On most RAMs you can not put chains on the front tires (no clearance) but on the new 2014 you can't put chains on the rear tires either. What are they thinkin'

Confused

by sizzle from Ontario | October 26, 2014

I love the truck and have had no problem with all the features, gas mileage could be better but it is a truck and i am not light footed. My issue is the seat, I get mid and lower back pain on a 1/2 hour trip, I even switched the head rest from the back seat to stop neck pain, but every rating I read gives the truck high marks for comfort so I will bring it back to dealership to have it looked at

Super comfortable. Really good seat.

by GEORGE from Annapokis, Maryland | October 10, 2014

The RAM is a really good pickup. Superb seats, good fuel economy, great automatic trans and drives really well. I looked at every other kind of pickup before purchase. The RAM simply looked better. I have owned eight pickups, not all RAMS. This is this is the best yet. Chrysler will probably change this truck. I will buy another. Don't haul anything, just me. Use the RAM as a car, very pleased with the ride and handling. I did change the tires to Michelin. This makes a huge difference. Very expensive but well worth the price. Thank you Chrysler for making a really great pickup.

Ford folks lacked necessary drive

by Papa Pete from Oregon | October 6, 2014

I started off looking for a 2013-2014 F-150 but the professionalism and the follow-up on the Ford side was sorely lacking so I turned to the alternative Ram 1500 and was pleasantly surprised to find the effort and persistence on the Ram side to be much more thorough and customer oriented. I purchased a 2014 Ram 1500 and am very satisfied with the results. The difference between the automobiles favors the Ram by a slight to medium margin but the difference in approach, persistence, and effort is shockingly one sided in favor of the Ram. The bottom line is the value for the money-the product- and the experience-getting what you want- was one sided in favor of the Ram

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)