2014 RAM 1500

2014 RAM 1500
Available in 40 styles:  2013 RAM 1500 4x2 Regular Cab 120" WB shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Tradesman base model is perfect!

by craigery from | December 12, 2014

I bought the base 1500 model, Ram Tradesman. I purchased it for a couple thousand LESS than the MSRP. I am totally satisfied. The 3.7 l base engine has more than enough power; the 8 speed transmission is completely smooth. The computer shows all kinds of things not normally shown on the dash, like oil pressure/temp, hours driven and idle, transmission oil temperature, exact tire pressure in EACH tire. The standard bench seat is actually two buckets with a seat or armrest in the center. Check them out!!!

RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Rocks!

by New Ram Owner from California | November 11, 2014

I bought a 1500 RAM EcoDiesel 6 months ago and have clocked 10,000 miles. I do a lot of highway driving, but also need a tow vehicle for toys (boat, classic car). The 3.0 liter diesel offers the great combination of torque with fuel mileage/range. In fact, while skewed because of a lot of highway driving, my average fuel economy is > 27 mpg. The 8-speed trany and short gear range keeps the engine in its max torque position sooner and longer. You know you are driving a diesel, but it ain't your father's sluggish, loud diesel. My SLT/Big Horn has plenty of creature comforts, including a rocking stereo and seats that are comfortable even after a 3-hour ride. I’m a big fan.

First time Ram truck owner

by Photojournalist from Fairhaven | November 10, 2014

2014 Ram Sport w/Hemi 5.7 liter V8. Purchased from CSCJD. After many years of purchasing new vehicles, (I'm a senior) I must say that this was my best experience. (Thanks Michael and the rest of the sales staff.) They worked with me to make this a good experience while purchasing a great truck. The quality, both inside and outside, is exceptional. With all that this truck does, I am most impressed with the fuel-saving technology the most. There are too many features to mention here, but I must also mention the EVIC located on the instrument panel. Talk about the driver being in-tune with his truck... Anyway, a good buying experience and a great truck.

BUYER BEWARE

by Disappointed Buyer from Calif | October 27, 2014

Love the truck, no issues EXCEPT - you can not put snow chains on the 1500 unless you have very thin wheels. This would have been a deal breaker for me had I known. On most RAMs you can not put chains on the front tires (no clearance) but on the new 2014 you can't put chains on the rear tires either. What are they thinkin'

Confused

by sizzle from Ontario | October 26, 2014

I love the truck and have had no problem with all the features, gas mileage could be better but it is a truck and i am not light footed. My issue is the seat, I get mid and lower back pain on a 1/2 hour trip, I even switched the head rest from the back seat to stop neck pain, but every rating I read gives the truck high marks for comfort so I will bring it back to dealership to have it looked at

Super comfortable. Really good seat.

by GEORGE from Annapokis, Maryland | October 10, 2014

The RAM is a really good pickup. Superb seats, good fuel economy, great automatic trans and drives really well. I looked at every other kind of pickup before purchase. The RAM simply looked better. I have owned eight pickups, not all RAMS. This is this is the best yet. Chrysler will probably change this truck. I will buy another. Don't haul anything, just me. Use the RAM as a car, very pleased with the ride and handling. I did change the tires to Michelin. This makes a huge difference. Very expensive but well worth the price. Thank you Chrysler for making a really great pickup.

Ford folks lacked necessary drive

by Papa Pete from Oregon | October 6, 2014

I started off looking for a 2013-2014 F-150 but the professionalism and the follow-up on the Ford side was sorely lacking so I turned to the alternative Ram 1500 and was pleasantly surprised to find the effort and persistence on the Ram side to be much more thorough and customer oriented. I purchased a 2014 Ram 1500 and am very satisfied with the results. The difference between the automobiles favors the Ram by a slight to medium margin but the difference in approach, persistence, and effort is shockingly one sided in favor of the Ram. The bottom line is the value for the money-the product- and the experience-getting what you want- was one sided in favor of the Ram

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

2014 Ram 1500 bighorn 4X4 V6-8SPD

by Life long truck owner. from Ortonville MI | October 4, 2014

I leased a V6 4X4 instead of the Hemi to save on gas,it's a nice truck with lots of great features.Pretty much from day one the trans down shifted really hard.So on day two I called the sales guy who sold it to me & He said... "it just needs to learn your driving habits,I get this question all the time".On day three it got worse. At 219 miles on day four the transmission tore itself to shreds on my way to the dealership to have a service tech drive it. I was called the next day & told I would be getting a new trans....in about 2 wks or so. They put me in a Hemi Ram 4X4 rental it's nice...seems in 2013 Ram had problems with V6 8 spd combo.Well as of Oct 3 2014, I know it's a problem on other Chrysler vehicles with the V6 8/9 spd trans.I really want to like this truck but it's sure not making it very easy.When it shifted properly the 3.6L V6 provided more power than I expected,I hope I still feel that way after driving a Hemi for 3 wks.

Love this truck!

by Pleasantly Surprised from Waynesboro, VA | September 28, 2014

My hauling needs are not heavy-duty, but enough to warrant having a full-size pickup as my primary vehicle. Because comfort is also important to me, I've always shopped at or near the "top of the line". Being a Ford man through and through, I've owned eight Ford pickups and one Lincoln Mark LT. When I began shopping for a new truck about a year ago, I couldn't resist being lured into the local Ram dealership by a gorgeous black and gold Laramie Longhorn Edition that was prominently displayed out front. It was the ride and handling that seduced me into purchasing it, however. It is, without a doubt, the smoothest driving truck I've ever experienced. Every bit as comfortable as my wife's 2012 Lincoln MKT and the Town Cars that preceded it. I admit to being a little skeptical about a Chrysler product after a bad experience years ago, but I've had my truck for ten months now and couldn't be happier. Took one road trip with four adults that involved ten hours at a time on the road and we were all perfectly comfortable. Magnificent truck! I have the 5.7 L Hemi, eight-speed transmission, and air-ride suspension. I would buy another one in a heartbeat and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a luxurious workhorse.

Best Pickup I have owned

by Frosty from Norfolk Nebraska | September 23, 2014

The options from the dual comfort to heated seats and steering wheel to the radio and back up camera are great. When I was looking for a new pickup I didn't think much about the options but I wouldn't be without them now