2014 RAM 1500

Starting MSRP

Overall

Nicest truck I've owned

by Prior Ford Guy from NW Indiana | May 21, 2015

2015 Ram Limited After owning 2 F-150's (Plantinum Editions) I decided to test drive the 2015 Ram. Nicer ride, nicer cabin, and really sharp looking. Bought the Limited (5.7 Hemi) and I have all the bells and whistles. I have found this truck to be very reliable so far, getting a combined 16.9 mpg. This is the same gpm I got with the ECO Boost in the Ford. The four corner air suspension works great and comes in handy when hooking up my boat or having my elderly parents entering/exiting the vehicle. Extremely comfortable, good looking and powerful ride. What's not to like! A real head turner.

Chrysler won't fix my truck

by Chris from Barnesville ga | April 10, 2015

I have a 2014 blacktop ram crew cab. No mods at all. Rear diff has failed and Chrysler is refusing to fix it leaving me holding the bag in a $4800 repair on a truck with 5200 miles. Don't buy a ram. Chrysler will not honor the warranty.

Excellent Truck

by Dale from Winnipeg, Manitoba | April 6, 2015

Excellent truck. Purchased 2014 Sport 1500 crewcab in March. 5.7 Hemi 8 speed with 3.92 gears. Truck has every option except air ride. Road trips: Regina to Winnipeg averaged 10L/100km at 115kph. Last road trip was Winnipeg to The Pas and back to Winnipeg. Total of approx. 1,300km. Speed ranged from 100kph to 130kph. Averaged 12.4L/100km. Headwind out of Winnipeg was 40kph. Noticed my build sheet says 36 gallon tank but it is actually a 26 gallon (118L) tank. This is the first Dodge I have owned and love it. Previous truck was 2012 F150 with a 5L. Projector lights could be brighter. I do like the fact that these headlights don't go out when you put the turn signal on. Great truck but didn't get the mpg like this Dodge. I would definitely recommend this truck.

2014 ram 1500

by Chuck from California | March 29, 2015

I bought a 1500 four wheel drive quad cab and have been getting around 18.4 mpg boy is that better than my Titan.This is a real good truck and I would buy it again.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Best Truck of 2014

by Regular Dude from Texad | March 12, 2015

Was pleasantly surprised with how refined the driving and ride quality was for a truck. This is our main family vehicle, feels more comfortable and safer than our other car. Excellent ride quality due to rear coil suspension. What a fast, good lookin truck. Dual exhaust tips look cool, however the note sounds rather tame. Have the fabric interior with very high quality stitching. Got the 2014 in 2015 - rebates and price cuts all over the place while loaded with options. Greatest value. Uconnect touch display has a very well designed interface, best I've ever seen. Got the crew cab, which is very roomy front and back but the middle position in the backseat is not comfortable at all. It has that weird cutaway which gives less support for your legs. This truck has more power and better gas mileage than my previous truck. The 8 spd tranny seems very smooth. I get about 14mpg in the city, even though I drive like a maniac on the highways. Compared to most other trucks, I feel like this one has the best balance of features and value. It's built much better than Ram trucks in the past, too. I'd highly recommend it to anyone.

Great truck

by Jammer from Spring Hill, Florida | February 19, 2015

Previously owned 2 f150's and was shopping for a third. Never had a problem with either one. I discovered the new f150's were 2 inches longer and it wouldn't fit in my garage. I researched the Ram and found it was within length limits. So far I love it. I'm quite tall and the 10 way power seats are extremely comfortable. Nice sound system with 6 speakers and connect w/ Bluetooth. V6 has decent power and good gas mileage. Ride is smooth and quiet. No negatives at this point. Time will tell about reliability. Fun to drive!!!

Truck Fine, CARS.COM Database Not

by Frustrated RAM Prospective Owner from USA | February 18, 2015

This review is not of the RAM 1500 itself, but of the CARS.COM search engine and accuracy of information about RAM trucks in its database. I am currently searching for a RAM 1500 Crew Cab, pretty straight forward one might think. The issue is that CARS.COM classifies both RAM 1500 Quad Cabs and Crew Cabs as "Crew Cab". This creates an inconvenience when trying to search for an actual Crew Cab. One of the biggest differentiating factors in my search is back seat space. In this category, there is a big difference between the Quad Cab and Crew Cab. Since I can't filter these in a CARS.COM search, i find myself having to search through individual listings hoping that the sellers have posted enough pictures to identify which are Quad vs Crew cabs. Not to mention this glitch causes me to question the accuracy of other information provided about vehicles on CARS.COM. Needless to say, I will continue my search on other, more user friendly websites, until CARS.COM is able to correct this.

sadly disappointed

by Roger from Reno | February 2, 2015

The truck has been in the dealer service department 4 times in the last year for warranty repairs. The transmission has been reprogrammed twice, a recall on the radio and an oil pressure sending unit. I love the design, and the features. I don't love the unreliability or the dealer service department. This is my second Dodge truck but it may be my last for awhile.

2014 Ram 1500 v6 8speed

by Mike from Idaho | January 21, 2015

I have driven many trucks and have owned 3 Ford f150 trucks. Yes they were good trucks and was happy with them for the most part. I bought a Ram 1500 with the Pentastar v6. I wanted gas mileage and still able to pull my trailer. This Ram is very comfortable and has the power that I need. Very impressive overall. I pull a 4800 lb. travel trailer and mostly use it for daily transportation. The MPG is what I really like.

Ram 1500 Great Truck

by Harley guy from Agoura, CA | January 8, 2015

I bought a 1500 Ram Limited, don't regret it. I have had Fords all my life and wanted to try something different. Great gas Mileage, have all the bells and whistles. Love the ride. You really can't go wrong with this truck.