2014 RAM 1500

Starting MSRP

Overall

Comfortable

by Retiree from Toledo Ohio | August 12, 2014

I Traded in my 2012 Hemi Ram for this truck. Didn't need the hemi to pull my trailer once a year. Being retired I added more options and the gas mileage is better. On a resent trip I averaged 26 mpg (About 220 miles on flat land and no wind) and this was doing the math not just going by what the computer was telling me. The hole trip was about 700 miles total with a lot of hills and wind. I averaged 22.6 mpg for the hole trip. The only complaint so far is the constant shifting of the 8 speed trans compared to the 6 speed in my hemi with more hp. Shifting is smooth so its not that big of a deal. Just wonder how long it will stay together. The salesman was very helpful and polite. So far I am happy with my purchase. I think the only real negative thing I will say about this truck is the radio. It has the capability of built in GPS if you want to add another $600 for the dealer to download it and it will cost another $150 a year to update the maps. Wake up Chrysler! You can buy a GPS for under a $100 and have FREE LIFETIME MAPS! Nuff said.

2014 Ram Crew Cab Diesel

by shipexc from Chattanooga, TN | August 6, 2014

My 1st ever pickup truck. Drove 350 miles to buy a Bighorn ecodiesel from a out of town dealer, the truck is very comfortable to drive and handles well and averaged 27.6 MPG. Pulled a 6 x10 enclosed trailer with 3 dirt bikes in it and averaged 17.3 on the way (up a mountain) and 19.7 on the way home. The truck is not fast but has plently of power. I am impressed!

first brand new truck i owned

by big guy from millville, nj | August 1, 2014

ram truck is top of the list, design, looks, ride and dependable quality. Been a dodge or ram driver for over 30 years.

EcoDiesel is the "Real Deal"

by Greek Golfer from Chicago, IL | July 9, 2014

So after months of research and waiting for the diesel engine, RAM has impressed me with this truck. I purchased a Crew Cab EcoDiesel. How does 30.5 mpg on my first long trip (over 700 miles) sound? Sounds awesome to me! Interior is great, awesome storage for my tools, bikes, luggage, and work boxes. I cannot wait to pull my wrangle for 4x4 excursions. The hands free works excellent for phone calls. I have driven over 2,500 miles and averaged 26 mpg with about 1/3 miles in "city" driving. Very quiet interior and the ride is luxe. I use my truck for use in industrial plants and long distance trips so the diesel will pay off quickly. The additional DET fluid tank should last about 6,000 miles. One needs to drive it before committing to another truck brand.

Nice riding truck

by Big Midwest from Iowa | July 5, 2014

This is the best riding truck out there and with the v-6 it gets great mpg. Not a big dodge fan but this is a nice truck.

Beautiful truck, Has all the features that I want

by Little Red truck from Melbourne, Florida | June 9, 2014

Great truck, It has everything that I wanted on the truck, plenty on storage, I just love the new Ram boxes. It's so quite inside, No road noise at all. Plenty of power.

Uses car for Towing

bad transmissions

by barry from utah | June 5, 2014

Truck had transmission leak the day I bought it. Been in the shop 3 times and they still can't fix it. Has a non-serviceable transmission and you can't check the transmission fluid.

ECODIESEL!!!!!

by Steve from Springfield, MO | May 20, 2014

I just brought the Ecodiesel and after my first trip i was very impressed! I live in the ozarks where theirs lots of hill and curves and i went 605 miles on one tank and got 27 MPG and had power the whole time never dogged or nothing! Ecoboost never got that.

No more Fords, No more Headaches

by The Hot Roofer from Schaumburg, IL. | May 16, 2014

This is my first Dodge Truck. Wow! Great Truck. Driven Ford Trucks all my life, I just got tired of problems and breakdowns. Don't see me ever going back.

Best truck I have owned so far.

by TW from Alachua, FL | May 14, 2014

I have owned Ford F150, Chevy P/U's and Toyota P/U's. So far this ecodiesel surpasses them all in economy, power, towing, comfort and ride.