2014 RAM 1500

Starting MSRP

Overall

Best value

by cpaharley from york,pa | September 19, 2014

Decided to go with the 5.7 hemi with the 8 speed, got a 2014 Ram Sport with all the extras. with the 3:21 rear it is quick and shifts smoothly, getting 20 mpg around town.

Uses car for Towing

RAM 1500 GREAT!

by FIRST TIME RAM OWNER from Minnesota | September 9, 2014

I have had the truck almost a year now, about 11,000 miles, No issues, the truck is very comfortable,my wife does not miss the Ford at all. Seats are very comfortable she says, and I love the ride, features, and mileage. I have the bighorn with towing pkg to tow my large boat and fish-house, works great for me. If you are going to haul super heavy loads in the box the coil spring rear will allow the the rear to sag. But for my use its great as I never haul ove 1000 lbs in the bed. Getting 20 to 21 average on highway and 15.5 to 17.5 towing in haul mode. I have had all makes and like the Ram best.

Uses car for Towing

2014 Single Cab Sport R/T

by Torque junky from Southern California | September 8, 2014

I love sports cars but I needed a work truck. I decided to go for a single cab muscle truck over a Tacoma or used ranger. After shopping every single cab truck on the market I found my truck. The R/T Ram is a fantastic truck with almost no compromises compared to a car. The Engine is a lovely 400 hp and 400 ft of torque while the 8 speed transmission is the smoothest auto this side of a dual clutch. The sport trim has a leather trimmed dash and 8.5" xm/navi/backup camera. Alpine sound system makes sure the truck is bumping at all times. Center console is extremely comfortable and convenient. Way better than a bench seat. Overall gorgeous interior in Sport trim. The 22's are a bit loud but they've grew on me quickly. The fuel economy from the 8 speed is excellent. Getting 16/24 and 19 combined with a heavy foot. I didn't dream a 400 hp V8 truck could do that. The single cab offers excellent handling with a 120" wheel base. Easier to park too. I wouldn't get a 4 door unless you have a family.

Pure Class

by Ram Owner from Long Island NY | September 5, 2014

Bought my 2014 Dodge Ram Laramie with all the "bells & whistles, I could not be happier, Great Truck!!

Ford-Ram-Tundra-Ram

by Ram-Tundra-Ram from Bella Vista, AR | September 5, 2014

The 5.7, 8 speed trans. crew cab Bighorn is my fourth truck and by far the best. Ram has really exceeded my expectations with ride, styling and mileage. I almost bought another Tundra (which I loved), but Toyota hasn't done anything to their engine/trans. for close to 10 years and the economy was not good. I've been getting 22.5 mpg driving in the country with the new trans. and cylinder drop off system. The Ram was also a much better buy than the Tundra.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

she's a pretty thing, but will she run?

by crackerjack from IDAHO | August 28, 2014

Purchased a new 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 W/3.6l v6. 15 miles down the road the problems began...engine shudder upon braking @ stop, minor misfire, major misfire, then run ok for 500 miles. Now towed back to dealership with engine knock. Third time back, they can't find the problem.

Italian RAM 1500

by Big White from Lumberton,NY | August 22, 2014

The Italians took an already work of Art truck. And turned it into a master work of art. Yep for the money you pay for this truck it has now become well worth it. Handling, design, quality, transmission 8 speed, and the many options any one can desire. This is my second one and I changed from a Laramie to an Outdoorsman. You say why because I did no need all those bells a whistles I need a rugged truck with towing capacity and extreme off road ability. Chrome and leather were not a factor. But the right to choose what you want with Chrysler Dodge is what has made me a loyal customer. Quality not quantity is what makes for a good vehicle. Not how many you sold. I love my Italian-American Truck. My other truck had 85000 miles on it with no issues. Mt Ephriam Dodge had the best prices and deals compared to other dealers who simply charged way more.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Comfortable

by Retiree from Toledo Ohio | August 12, 2014

I Traded in my 2012 Hemi Ram for this truck. Didn't need the hemi to pull my trailer once a year. Being retired I added more options and the gas mileage is better. On a resent trip I averaged 26 mpg (About 220 miles on flat land and no wind) and this was doing the math not just going by what the computer was telling me. The hole trip was about 700 miles total with a lot of hills and wind. I averaged 22.6 mpg for the hole trip. The only complaint so far is the constant shifting of the 8 speed trans compared to the 6 speed in my hemi with more hp. Shifting is smooth so its not that big of a deal. Just wonder how long it will stay together. The salesman was very helpful and polite. So far I am happy with my purchase. I think the only real negative thing I will say about this truck is the radio. It has the capability of built in GPS if you want to add another $600 for the dealer to download it and it will cost another $150 a year to update the maps. Wake up Chrysler! You can buy a GPS for under a $100 and have FREE LIFETIME MAPS! Nuff said.

2014 Ram Crew Cab Diesel

by shipexc from Chattanooga, TN | August 6, 2014

My 1st ever pickup truck. Drove 350 miles to buy a Bighorn ecodiesel from a out of town dealer, the truck is very comfortable to drive and handles well and averaged 27.6 MPG. Pulled a 6 x10 enclosed trailer with 3 dirt bikes in it and averaged 17.3 on the way (up a mountain) and 19.7 on the way home. The truck is not fast but has plently of power. I am impressed!

first brand new truck i owned

by big guy from millville, nj | August 1, 2014

ram truck is top of the list, design, looks, ride and dependable quality. Been a dodge or ram driver for over 30 years.