2014 RAM 1500

Starting MSRP

Overall

2014 ram 1500

by Chuck from California | March 29, 2015

I bought a 1500 four wheel drive quad cab and have been getting around 18.4 mpg boy is that better than my Titan.This is a real good truck and I would buy it again.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Best Truck of 2014

by Regular Dude from Texad | March 12, 2015

Was pleasantly surprised with how refined the driving and ride quality was for a truck. This is our main family vehicle, feels more comfortable and safer than our other car. Excellent ride quality due to rear coil suspension. What a fast, good lookin truck. Dual exhaust tips look cool, however the note sounds rather tame. Have the fabric interior with very high quality stitching. Got the 2014 in 2015 - rebates and price cuts all over the place while loaded with options. Greatest value. Uconnect touch display has a very well designed interface, best I've ever seen. Got the crew cab, which is very roomy front and back but the middle position in the backseat is not comfortable at all. It has that weird cutaway which gives less support for your legs. This truck has more power and better gas mileage than my previous truck. The 8 spd tranny seems very smooth. I get about 14mpg in the city, even though I drive like a maniac on the highways. Compared to most other trucks, I feel like this one has the best balance of features and value. It's built much better than Ram trucks in the past, too. I'd highly recommend it to anyone.

Great truck

by Jammer from Spring Hill, Florida | February 19, 2015

Previously owned 2 f150's and was shopping for a third. Never had a problem with either one. I discovered the new f150's were 2 inches longer and it wouldn't fit in my garage. I researched the Ram and found it was within length limits. So far I love it. I'm quite tall and the 10 way power seats are extremely comfortable. Nice sound system with 6 speakers and connect w/ Bluetooth. V6 has decent power and good gas mileage. Ride is smooth and quiet. No negatives at this point. Time will tell about reliability. Fun to drive!!!

Truck Fine, CARS.COM Database Not

by Frustrated RAM Prospective Owner from USA | February 18, 2015

This review is not of the RAM 1500 itself, but of the CARS.COM search engine and accuracy of information about RAM trucks in its database. I am currently searching for a RAM 1500 Crew Cab, pretty straight forward one might think. The issue is that CARS.COM classifies both RAM 1500 Quad Cabs and Crew Cabs as "Crew Cab". This creates an inconvenience when trying to search for an actual Crew Cab. One of the biggest differentiating factors in my search is back seat space. In this category, there is a big difference between the Quad Cab and Crew Cab. Since I can't filter these in a CARS.COM search, i find myself having to search through individual listings hoping that the sellers have posted enough pictures to identify which are Quad vs Crew cabs. Not to mention this glitch causes me to question the accuracy of other information provided about vehicles on CARS.COM. Needless to say, I will continue my search on other, more user friendly websites, until CARS.COM is able to correct this.

sadly disappointed

by Roger from Reno | February 2, 2015

The truck has been in the dealer service department 4 times in the last year for warranty repairs. The transmission has been reprogrammed twice, a recall on the radio and an oil pressure sending unit. I love the design, and the features. I don't love the unreliability or the dealer service department. This is my second Dodge truck but it may be my last for awhile.

2014 Ram 1500 v6 8speed

by Mike from Idaho | January 21, 2015

I have driven many trucks and have owned 3 Ford f150 trucks. Yes they were good trucks and was happy with them for the most part. I bought a Ram 1500 with the Pentastar v6. I wanted gas mileage and still able to pull my trailer. This Ram is very comfortable and has the power that I need. Very impressive overall. I pull a 4800 lb. travel trailer and mostly use it for daily transportation. The MPG is what I really like.

Ram 1500 Great Truck

by Harley guy from Agoura, CA | January 8, 2015

I bought a 1500 Ram Limited, don't regret it. I have had Fords all my life and wanted to try something different. Great gas Mileage, have all the bells and whistles. Love the ride. You really can't go wrong with this truck.

2014 1500 Limited - This truck is exellent!

by Nick from WA | December 24, 2014

This is my first truck after researching and test driving all others. It's the best interior hands down, and the exterior styling is also the best. Mine has the Limited Appearance Package (chrome bumpers), 3.92 rear end gears, Hemi, 8 speed, 32gal tank, forged wheels, etc... it has absolutely everything on the list except the towing mirrors. So far I have had no problems whatsoever wit this truck. There are only 2 things that bug me about this truck, and it's the projector halogen headlights that are too weak (I'm used to HIDs) and the break pedal that is way higher than the gas pedal making it impossible to just shift your foot between pedals, you have to lift your leg. Hopefully they'll correct this pedal design soon. Other than that, this is one excellent truck, way ahead of the others both in the interior and exterior designs - and that Hemi engine with 3.92 gears... what's not to like?

Tradesman base model is perfect!

by craigery from | December 12, 2014

I bought the base 1500 model, Ram Tradesman. I purchased it for a couple thousand LESS than the MSRP. I am totally satisfied. The 3.7 l base engine has more than enough power; the 8 speed transmission is completely smooth. The computer shows all kinds of things not normally shown on the dash, like oil pressure/temp, hours driven and idle, transmission oil temperature, exact tire pressure in EACH tire. The standard bench seat is actually two buckets with a seat or armrest in the center. Check them out!!!

RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Rocks!

by New Ram Owner from California | November 11, 2014

I bought a 1500 RAM EcoDiesel 6 months ago and have clocked 10,000 miles. I do a lot of highway driving, but also need a tow vehicle for toys (boat, classic car). The 3.0 liter diesel offers the great combination of torque with fuel mileage/range. In fact, while skewed because of a lot of highway driving, my average fuel economy is > 27 mpg. The 8-speed trany and short gear range keeps the engine in its max torque position sooner and longer. You know you are driving a diesel, but it ain't your father's sluggish, loud diesel. My SLT/Big Horn has plenty of creature comforts, including a rocking stereo and seats that are comfortable even after a 3-hour ride. I’m a big fan.