2012 RAM 2500

Information Coming Soon

Overall

2012 Ram 2500 st Crew Cub 8Ft bed

by olddude65 from Forney, Texas | January 11, 2014

I bought this truck to tow a travel trailer. The comfort and space inside is amazing. I could not have gotten more value with another brand. The performance of the 5.7 liter hemi is wonderful. I drove my 1998 ram 1500 for 15 years and 217000 miles and never had a major problem. I hope to get the same results with this truck. I am a very pleased with my purchase. Thank You cars.com

Uses car for Towing

2012 Ram 2500 Limited 6.7

by Auto Enthusiast from Colorado | May 30, 2013

First big truck after driving and pulling our boat with SUV's. Bought the ultimate version, the Limited, and it has every bell and whistle including theatre for the kids. Interior is extremely comfortable and very high tech electronics. Exterior is ok, not sure how much one can do with a 3/4 ton truck. Presently have 8500 miles on the Cummins and mileage continues to improve, with an average of 16.3 as measured by the computer with 90% of that in stop and go traffic. It has an automatic. I'm averaging about 11.5 when towing a 6000# boat. Towing the boat is what initially got me to look at a truck as our SUV struggled mightily getting it over 10k' passes in Colorado. With the Cummins 2500, there are absolutely no issues, although with 800#'s of torque, there better not be. Love the exhaust brake when going downhill, absolutely wonderful. It's proving to be the perfect set-up for packing up the kids, loading the boat, and going wherever we want. Throw a movie on, let the kids use the wireless headset and go. Nice and quiet ride for my wife and I, and you don't even know the boats on the back. Nice and safe in town, the only drawback being it is a large vehicle as far as parking - although the excellent back up camera does help with that considerably - it just takes up alot of space. It's our first diesel, so was unsure but took the leap. So far, we are very glad we did.

Laramie 2012 Crew cab 8 foot bed Diesel w/auto

by Rngrbird from Alpine, TX | March 24, 2013

At this point I have too few miles (524) to evaluate everything. The hard copy manuals from Ram are a must as the CD is limited in it's scope. A guide through under hood ID items would have been helpful, the owner's manuals are a must. An extremely quiet ride, and must compensate for the extra length - which I knew would be a factor and no complaints. Know the vehicle you want with all options and option packages, nothing takes the place of timely research. Comfort and access to any needed conveniences with no awkwardness items from the drivers seat is a great plus.

Got it right

by Truck Guy from Texas | January 25, 2013

Ram got it right on the 2012, good power, already getting great gas milage with only 10k miles and the interior is extremely quite!

Great Product

by Ram Owner from Sacramento, CA | January 17, 2013

This is my second Cummings Diesel Ram-I'm replacing a 1991 that it has become more difficult to find replacement parts. The 1991 was very reliable and I hope the new truck will be as well.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Best Truck Ever

by Happy guy from Fairbanks Ak | January 8, 2013

I just bought one in Idaho (Dave Smith), and drove it back here to Alaska. I wanted to upgrade to a bigger truck I had a 2004 1500. I got the the Hemi and it is even more powerful than my old one. Almost zero maintence cost with these except the normal wear items belt/brake bads/etc. No lack of throttle response and the new tranny snaps right into place when needed. 15 mpg's from idaho to AK 2200 mi. I got the ST package and it is the nicest standard model rig Ive ever seen, I paid less for this one than I did my 2004 1500. It pays to buy in December.

Best for the Money

by From Ford to Dodge from Parker, CO | April 26, 2012

I owned a 2003 Ford F250 7.3, best truck I had, last of the good Ford trucks, now we will see if it will be as good overall and without issues going forward as the 7.3. So far.......runs, rides, and pulls the 30ft travel trailer better.

Uses car for Towing