2013 RAM 2500

Information Coming Soon

Overall

2013 crew Cab turbo Diesel

by ziggy from Cedartown, Ga | July 20, 2014

Have been a loyal Ford guy my entire life. I bought this Ram 2500 I. December 2013 new and have been happy with it for the most part. My biggest complaint is the poor quality of the paint and body panels. The paint scratched from melting ice that slid on the hood and the my truck bed has a dent in the side from leaning up against it. The inner bed has dents in it from tree limbs! Aside from those complaints I am extremely happy with the truck! Has the most comfortable seats on the market!

Nice comfort

by big white ox from Ontario Oregon | March 4, 2014

I have owned 13 Dodge cars and trucks and a few with more options than this one but all around this is the most comfortable and pleasant one to drive and the ride, to me, is just like a cars only better because there is no floating feeling ever like a car has. The interior is nicer than any of the other Dodges as it is not flat plastic and it nicer to the feel and the upholstery is great to because like all Chrysler products it is stain resistant and you can just wipe the grime off. The other manufacturers don't have that as a selling point, at least when shopping I don't see that advertised, maybe I am wrong but that's how I see it as to the interior of the products available to the American consumer. The Mechanical side is also great. I have the Cummins engine and combined with Chryslers 68 rfe it is snappy and responsive and when I step on the accelerator it will get up and go right now even with the high ratio of the 3.42. The 5.9's were okay with the 3.55 but were far from the responsiveness of the 6.7 (408 cube) Cummins even with the lower gearing , I had a 08 6.7 before with the 3.73 and it was nice but I think the 2013 is faster from the blocks. I do not race or push my trucks ever but when I want to go a little faster the 13 ram 2500 seems quicker than my 08 ram and the ride is a little better even with the same gvw as my 08 3500 which was 10100 and the 13's is 10000. The 13 price was around the same as the 08 3500 and it is 5 years newer.

2013 bighorn diesel, (junk)

by Shoulda stated with GM from Illinois | March 4, 2014

Ill try to keep this short, 250miles BCM went out (no exterior lights), around 2500 miles batteries would be completely dead after sitting two days, around 4500 miles had error codes from def sensor errors, around 6000 miles engine Knock sensor went bad, around 6500 miles realized truck would not run below 0 degrees, found out Chrysler forgot to activate fuel filter heaters, finally made it to 10000 miles and now the temperature sensor in the mirror has failed, so in a nutshell I will be getting rid of truck asap. for $50k one would think you would get a reliable truck.

2013 Bighorn Ram Cummins 6.7

by Huntinforit from | February 26, 2014

I am very happy with my purchase! Great engine, great style, great fit and finish. I have been a Ford fan for years and that is OVER! The 6.0 Powerstroke has exposed Ford forever! My repairs on my 2004 Ford Powerstroke have exceeded 15,000.00 on my engine alone! It has a current problem, number 4 injector and the cam position sensor need replaced ASAP. Some mechanics are having to pull the entire cab on the Ford Powerstrokes to replace injectors. That makes for alot of noise problems later. Very happy with my Ram and Ford lost a loyal customer. Smile!

Best truck I have ever owned.

by X-man from Evansville, In | February 4, 2014

Being a Ford truck person for over 45 year (5 trucks), it was hard to believe that after driving the 2013 Ram 1500 crew cab with the Hemi, I was so impressed that I gave up my VIP Ford customer status to purchase this truck. Here is why I made the switch: (1) the all new redesigned suspension rides as good or better than my wife's Mercedes C230 (sorry Mercedes)... (2)the interior is spacious, quiet and so comfortable (the arm rests are in the correct position - rare)... (3) the power and towing capability is awesome... drove the Ford eco-boost v6 and it was so sluggish and shifted at erratic points, the Ram tows and drives like a dream with the smoothest shifts ever, even towing a trailer with a car on it!... (4)looks... this truck just looks great. I never thought I would ever give up my Ford truck, but sold my 2006 with less than 20k to buy this new Dodge Ram 1500, and after 6 months of driving this vehicle, I am still glad I made the switch... If you haven't driven this truck, be sure you do BEFORE you purchase any other truck... YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID !!! I rate this truck ***** 5 Stars, 2 Thumbs up, and the BEST TRUCK EVER !!!

Second RAM diesel I've owned

by Yooper Jim from Gladstone, MI | January 2, 2014

I was the proud owner of a 2003 RAM 1 ton diesel that was very reliable and great on fuel! I was very confident with its power to pull our 5th wheel as well as plow snow in the U.P. of Michigan. I did try to compare other manufacturers when I decided to buy another truck this past October and was pleasantly surprised to find that the Dodge RAM was still king of the hill in performance, comfort and reliability. We did go from a 1 ton down to a 3/4 ton but found that we have not regrets and the towing performance is just as good as the 1 ton. mileage has been between 19 and 23 mpg around town and 15 mpg with a load. So far we are happy, happy, happy! After 10 years of owning just one truck with 187,000 miles, it was hard to let it go but now I am looking forward to another 10 years with my new Dodge RAM.

Ram 2500 Cummins

by Rivertown Truck Guy from Arkansas | October 26, 2013

I have been a die hard GM man for 30 years. My first car was a '77 chevy short bed PU and I have owned 10 new Chevy/GMC trucks dating back to 1982. I have owned 3 Fords in that time period and currently have a F350 box truck that I use for my business. I needed a new 3/4 ton PU for personal and business use so I set out to trade my 2010 GMC crew Z71. I test drove the Duramax in crew 4x4 trim and liked it very much. I then tested the F250 loaded in same config. I am not much of a Ford guy but I was very impressed with the SuperDuty. It compared very well with the GMC, nice power and very nice interior on both PU's. As an afterthought I test drove the new RAM 2500. WOW. Very nice interior, comfortable 3/4 ton ride and that Cummins 6.7 just blew me away. Now after 20,000 miles I have not looked back. Great truck!! Pulls a heavy trailer with not issues, very nice milage (20 when not pulling trailer and mid teens when loaded), and comfortable as any 1/2 ton 4x4 on long road trips. I'm a new RAM fan. I nearly missed out on a great truck by not even considering RAM,,, glad that I took that extra trip to the RAM dealer. My truck is a 3/4 ton, 4x4 crew in silver. Very nice truck. I did rate the interior 4 stars instead of 5 only because of the steering wheel. I am not a big fan of the three spoke design as I like to hold the wheel at the bottom on long freeway runs and the bottom spoke is right in the way. Other than that small gripe, this is an outstanding PU. RAM did their homework and hit it out of the park.

Laramie crew cab long bed Diesel

by Believer from Chadds Ford, PA | October 2, 2013

Traded in a Super Duty, after Ford dealer didn't want to negotiate, checked out the new Ram. Wow! Knew how good the Cummins was but after driving, I was sold. Tons of power for effortless towing and hauling. The technology is impressive. Great ride for a Heavy Duty. Mileage has been mid teens in mixed driving with towing. Reached 19 on a long trip. Once broken in I expect a bit better.

RAM

by rustynail from Charleston | September 11, 2013

After test driving all the 2500 trucks out there I found out that for the value/power the RAM truck is 2nd to none. Gas mileage on my truck has been around 17 MPG and that's with no upgrades and 3 quarters city driving. Dodge has come a long way since old dodge that I hated but now I am a RAM fan all around.

2500 4x4 crew cab longbed i6

by Matty from Middleburg, FL | July 17, 2013

I have owned one of each of the Dodge models of trucks and this is the best yet. Power trane and transmittion work great togethere, there is a little of a low frequence vib between 30-40 MPH if you are steadly in this speed range. It is because the tranny goes into high gear but it is not bad at all. I was unsure of the urea systems at first but after I see the mileage over my 3500 I love it now. This stuff is about $7 a gallon but you will only need to put 3-4 gallons into it at the oil change so it is not to bad. The inside of the truck is night and day over the older trucks from Dodge/RAM. If you have not looked in one of the new ones you really need to. The fit and finish is great. They have kept the hard plasic to a min on the upgraded model and replaced it with leather and a soft plasic, much better feel and look. The new electronics in the trucks are out of this world ( that is a lot coming from someone who flys a plane for a living). All I can say is look into them, you will love them.