Sharing the same platform and powertrain as the consumer-oriented Dodge Grand Caravan minivan, the two-seat Ram Cargo Van is designed for commercial use. The van has an aluminum rear load floor, and solid panels take the place of glass windows in many instances. Buyers can also choose an optional floor that provides access to storage bins below the surface. The van competes against the Ford Transit Connect.
New for 2013
There are no significant changes for 2013.
ExteriorThe Ram Cargo Van features Dodge's trademark crosshair grille and solid side panels, and it comes standard with 16-inch steel wheels with covers. Other exterior features include:
- Standard dual manual-sliding side doors
- Standard heated side mirrors
- Standard LED taillamps
- Optional rear window wiper
- Variety of solid- or glass-panel combinations
The Cargo Van seats two in standard cloth bucket seats. A power driver's seat is optional. There's 144.4 cubic feet of cargo space, and it's configured to handle 4-by-8 sheets of building material. Other interior features include:
- Standard dual-zone manual air conditioning
- Standard cruise control
- Standard rear and front 12-volt power outlets
- Standard CD stereo with MP3 jack
- Standard tilt/telescoping steering wheel
- Optional backup camera
- Optional 6.5-inch touch-screen navigation system with 30-gigabyte hard drive
Under the HoodThe Cargo Van is powered by a 283-horsepower, 3.6-liter V-6 engine that teams with a six-speed automatic transmission. A driver-selectable fuel economizer modifies the transmission's shift program to increase gas mileage.
A heavy-duty suspension gives the Cargo Van a 1,800-pound payload rating while the maximum towing rating is 3,600 pounds. Mechanical features include:
- Front-wheel drive
- Runs on regular gas
- Engine oil cooler
- Heavy-duty radiator
- 160-amp alternator
Standard safety features include:
- All-disc antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system with traction control
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Active front head restraints
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2013 RAM Cargo.