Rolls-Royce's Phantom Coupe is the latest addition to the Phantom lineup, introduced for the 2009 model year. It is a highly customizable, hand-built model with high-end build quality and materials. The Phantom Coupe competes with the Bentley Brooklands.
New for 2010
There are no significant changes for 2010.
Rolls designed the Phantom Coupe to look like it was moving even at a standstill. Its exterior can be painted in a dizzying number of colors. The paint process includes five individual coats of paint and lacquer with hand finishing between layers, followed by a five-hour hand polish.
- Rear-hinged doors
- Picnic trunk that lowers to seat two
- Doors can be remotely closed
- Accents of stainless steel and aluminum
- 21-inch wheels
- Available brushed stainless steel hood and A-pillars
A maximum of four occupants are surrounded in a hand-built interior covered in real leather, wood and chrome. The 15-speaker Logic 7 sound system includes two subwoofers mounted under the seats and numerous tweeters around the interior. The stereo is controlled through a single dial, and a navigation system with media display can be hidden. When the screen is hidden, an analog clock is displayed.
- Automatic dual-zone front air conditioning
- Navigation system with voice activation
- Driver and passenger heated cushions
- Leather dashboard
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with aluminum accents
- Available leather headliner
- Available iPod integration
- Available Rolls-Royce stitching in headrests
Under the Hood
The Phantom Coupe uses the same 6.8-liter V-12 as the Phantom VI sedan. Coupes ride on an all-aluminum space frame built by hand and checked by computer to ensure accuracy. Designed for a dynamic driving experience compared to the sedan, the Coupe features stiffer rear shocks, modified spring rates, larger anti-roll bars and a tuned steering feel for quicker response.
- 453-horsepower, 6.8-liter V-12
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- Adaptive suspension
- Auto-leveling suspension
Safety features include:
- Antilock brakes
- Brake assist
- Seat-mounted side-impact airbags
- Side curtain airbags for front and rear rows
- Electronic stability system
- Traction control
- Security system with vehicle tracking