2004 Saab 9-3

See Photos & Videos

Overall

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc

by Rick from Dayton, Ohio | November 25, 2013

My first Saab.... Love it. I've had it almost 3 years, Total repairs- Battery, Starter, 4 New Tires Rear break pads. Bought it with 70 K, now has 110 K. Looking forward to the next 100 K plus. Great Car.

Beautiful and I love my Saab

by Red Hot Saab from Clayton, NC | February 28, 2013

Perfect for an individual who is done with carpooling and wanting to get back to enjoying driving. Love the heated seats, sunroof and sound system.

My 2nd Saab 93 Convertible

by Saab-Lover from Salisbury, MD | November 24, 2012

This is the 2nd 9-3 Convertible I've owned. My 1st was a 2001; I bought it with 48k miles on it in 2007. I loved the style, power and handling, HOWEVER...2001 was not a good year because of an inherent problem with the oil circulation system. A design defect caused the company to extend the engine warranty to 8 years. I had mine for 8 yrs, 9 mos, when the engine seized and died!! I tried to get GM (who owned Saab at the time) to split the cost of a new engine ($3500), but they wouldn't do a thing to help. So, I sold it to a young mechanic who replaced the engine with a used engine and then sold the car for $7500!!! I spent the next couple of yrs with different convertibles: MB 280SLK, Mits Spyder GT and (yes, I hate to admit) Chrysler Sebring. I finally found a 2004 9-3 ARC, with 68k miles. It was near showroom condition and had a perfect CarFax! I fell in love with it and the price was right. So, 2 months later, I am still in love with the style, look, comfort, performance and features!! It feels as solid on the road as any car I've ever owned (over 20) and with its excellent 4-cyl Turbo, I still get nice acceleration AND decent mpg (Avg 25 combined). If you can find one that is in good shape, with a good Carfax and you fall in love with the looks...BUY IT!!! You won't regret it!!!

An ok car

by La Cucaracha from Chicago, IL | December 13, 2011

I've driven and owned a couple Saabs in the past couple years. The 2004 9-3 isn't a bad car - in fact on the highway it's great. But overall it's right there in the middle. Reliability was great for the first 4 years, then I started having issues with springs, shocks, the electronic ignition module, creaks/rattles, flimsy trim, etc. Still, parts and service has been pretty easy and honestly that expensive. The engine, turbo, cooling, and transmission have all been flawless over the years. On 15" wheels I feel it handles best and has the nicest ride over the Aeros and later models I tried/owned. I've regularly seen over 35MPG on long summer road trips, and the cavernous trunk can hold a lot! Good starter car, just make sure to buy one for cheap.

drive this car

by none from dallas tx | September 21, 2011

none, error, testing, liking oil. lucks don't work possible motor or transmition issue, must ck all your cars very well for any possible issue before you sale them.

Best Car Ever

by Ccaaarauz from Oakland | July 7, 2011

This Car is the best i have ever seen it runs great and i cant believe i own this car best ever. iLy Saab 93

2004 AERO: 80k later

by MR2 from | March 19, 2011

When buying a 9-3, definitely buy the Aero. Styling is great, performance and handling is also great, and comes fully loaded. After 80k miles of driving i came to a conclusion that it is not so comfortable for anyone over 6'. It is a very reliable car, besides a crank pulley seal oil leak at 40k, no other problems. Great car but not for tall people.

Fun and Reliable

by Convertible Lover from Cincinnati, Ohio | July 30, 2010

This is the second used Saab Convertible I have owned and have loved them both. They have been extremely reliable and about as comfortable as you can get in a convertible. The electronic top is an absolute luxury, the gas mileage is excellent, and the ride is relaxed and smooth. If maintained properly the Saab will easily go 200K miles without an issue.

Great Swedish Turbo Car

by Sven the Saab from Davis | March 17, 2010

I bought this car used with 39K, now have 65K - the ONLY problem I've had is the heater blower motor which seized after getting wet in a heavy rain storm (a design issue)...easy DIY fix for $150. It's a pleasure to drive - gets 33mpg on the highway, fast, nimble, handles great, stereo is now fantastic with an added amplifier. I don't know what's going to happen to Saab, but I'd buy another right now if I knew they were going to stay in business.

Overall a great car!!!

by Saab Driver from MN | March 5, 2010

I bought my 2004 SAAB 9-3 Linear used with 37,000 miles on it. I have had it for 3 years now and have put 90,000 miles of my own on it. The car has always been reliable with a few minor electrical issues. Mechanically the 2.0t engine and manual drive train have been rock solid. I do all my own maintenance and have found everything to be pretty easy to get at. I average 31 mpg in mixed driving but I've gotten as high as 38 mpg on the highway with the cruise set at 62 mph and the A/C off. It is a very stabile and predicable car on the snow and ice. On bad weather days I've passed many 4X4's and AWD's in the ditches while driving to work and have felt completely safe and secure. The 2.0t is a little weaker on the top end then I would like but it makes up for it in amazing low and mid range torque. I have never wished for more engine during normal driving. I almost always make shifts at less the 3000rpm and often pass in top gear without down shifting. My only complaints are it tends have a few rattles and the steering can be a little twitchy on rough roads. I hope Spyker can improve these issues and keep building great turbocharged SAABs for a long time.

Featured Services for this Saab 9-3