2006 Saab 9-3

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Love my 2006 9-3

by jatpa from Harrisburg, PA | November 22, 2013

The best car I ever had. 75,000 miles and still running like new. The space in the back is not spacious enough for a tall person. Otherwise, a great car.

Worth Keeping

by Bryan from Virginia | August 28, 2013

I love my 2006 SAAB 93 it had a nice sporty drive feel and is extremly comfortable for trips. The trunk has a tone of storage and the passenger room is on the better side of average. I also love the body style. The interior is a nice grey leather and the materials are fantastic and feel high quality. I docked 2 points off on the interior however due to the useless phone buttons and poor dash design that has an overwelming number of buttons. I took 1 point off value since if you bought it new the value dropped really fast once you drove it off the lot. I also took a point from performance just due to the fact that the engine is capable of more power if tuned, although its fine the way it is. Lastly I took points off for reliability since around 60k miles I had both my front coil springs sheer, don't know how. I also had one window regulator fail.

Best Car Ever!!

by vanialex from Phoenix, AZ | June 10, 2013

I've had my 2006 Saab Wagon for two years and it is the best car I have ever had. My husband owns a BWM 525i and prefers to performance of my car to his not to mention that his BMW is constantly needing repair for this and that while in over the two years that I've had mine the only thing I had to change out was a battery! I have gone from Honda, Toyota, Chevy, BMW to my now Saab and I cant honestly say that it's a keeper!

Great SUV Alternative

by Saabaholic from Lakewood NJ | May 29, 2013

Qk so I'm a little prejudiced about cars. I hate every SUV on the road. I don't understand why people can't just buy a station wagon. Having said that you know what Saab stands for' something almost always broken.'I bought my 2006 Saab Sport Combi Wagon in 2009. The first problem was the sunroof wouldn't close without pressing the bypass button on the driver door armrest. Then the passenger window would go up and come right back down. That was a 100 dollar fix by the dealer something to do with the computer. Then the right headlight blew 200 dollar fix. Then the left headlight blew. The brakes went south last month an 800 dollar fix. All the tires have been replaced. The front suspension makes a lot of noise at 76,000 miles don't know if there's anything wrong , Oh and the wipers stopped working last month as well . That was a 300 dollar fix.Needless to say Saab is out of business but the general public seems either unknowledgeable or indifferent about this fact.

Fantastics!

by Saab Forever! from Maryland | February 2, 2013

I put 50,000 miles on my 2.0T since I bought it used in 2010. Great car: fantastic seats, great steering, quiet, the engine performance at low revs is amazing! I've recently tested (for my wife) Volvo's new 250hp S60, some Accura, but performance is nowhere near my Saab. The interior has some cheap plastics, sure, but it's definitely got the fundamentals right: safe, comfortable, performance, reliable, very good on gas. The design has aged gracefully. I would buy a new one in a heartbeat, unfortunately that is not an option anymore...

2006 Saab 9-3 Wagon - Great car so far

by Radj from Boston, MA | August 28, 2012

I just recently purchased this 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0 Turbo wagon and it's the most comfortable and smooth car I have ever driven. I think for the money, this is a great choice. Saab may have gone out of business, but their product is top notch. I have not owned it long so I cannot speak to the long term reliability, but so far I am very happy I purchased it. Based on the fact that I saved $3-4k compared to other choices I had, I have no problem spending a bit more on maintenance over the next few years because this is such a nice ride.

Proud 2.0t Convertible owner

by Mr. A from Seattle, WA | June 29, 2012

I really don't have much bad to say about this car. It's great all around. And it's an AMAZING value.

Great Car for the money

by gito from | April 16, 2012

2006 SAAB 93 with 75,000 miles. Car was in excellent condition. Everything worked on the car and even had extended warrantee till June 2012. I have nothing but good comments about this car. Acceleration is great, fuel economy is good at 23 mpg average (the digital readout is off by about 2-2.5 mpg - I have done manual calculations to confirm). This is a sport suspension. You can really feel the road. If you are looking for a cushy ride, this is not for you. Due to the situation with SAAB ownership, these cars have not held up their re-sale value which make them an excellent buy for a car enthusiast. They are ussually more loaded than the comparative sister vehicles of GM (Malibu, Regal,...) but resale values are lower. They share a lot of body parts with GM vehicles but their powertrains are still unique to SAAB. I have never seen a SAAB with anything but leather interior. You will definitely enjoy.

Great Choice. Very good value for the money.

by Saab 1 from West Bloomfield, MI | March 27, 2012

I am very happy with my choice, this cars are sporty in a very smoorg way, but also up scale, the compare to Volvo but the airplane inspired dashboard wins. If you are looking for European style but can't pay for the 3 top germans. This is a great choice. By the way I picked a 2006 over a 2007 on low milage and condition but I also liked the dasboard better without the standard stereo unit from. GM.

A Great Car of the Money

by DrMrMom from Libertyville, IL | August 16, 2011

The 9-3 is returning 27 mpg city and 36 mpg highway with the 5-speed automanual. It passes other cars quickly on the highway and rides like it is on rails. Excellent handling. The suspension is set for handling not comfort. You can feel hard bumps but it is not jarring. Very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a better used car for the money. Don't let the demise of Saab stop you from buying this car. From 2006 and on it is really an Opel at heart. There will be parts to fix it in the future if needed.

Featured Services for this Saab 9-3