2006 Saab 9-3

Available in 6 styles:  2006 Saab 9-3 4dr Sport Sedan shown

Overall

Great car

by GW from New York State | June 18, 2014

I recently traded mine in, I had it for more than 8 years and put 173K miles on it. I changed the battery at four years, had a cranking sensor problem at 6 years. Other than that, just changed fluids and new tires when needed. Only complaint about the car is the suspension wasn't particularly good..crunchy, noisy, bumpy. Other than that....flawless. As far as I know, the dealer I traded in to sold the car in a day or so.

Great car so far!

by Noah from Holland, MI | May 22, 2014

I've had my 2006 saab 2.0t for almost a year. All I have needed to do is change the oil, and do normal maintmence. It runs great, has good power, and does great in all weather. It does great in the snow, it never left me stuck in this terrible michigan winter. The only con of this car is the rattles, if you have the radio on the door rattles and that bugs me. Other than that great car and I would really recommend it!

Surprisingly satifying car

by Was indifferent about Saab before... now love ours from Wilton, CT | May 16, 2014

Saab is out of business - sort of. They withdrew from the US market, but still make the 9-3 car under new ownership for Sweden and China. Thjis means parts are avaialble for the foreseeable future for this model only. In any case, we bought ours new in 2006 and have never regreted it. Nothing went wrong for 70,000 miles, just using the Oil Life Management System and keeping the car running with oil changes about every 10,000 miles. At 70,000 the alternator needed replacing. That solved the dead battery every two years issue - took two batteries our four years to solve). At 117,000 miles we need to replace the brushes and the shocks in the suspension, plus one spring broke. Total cost, $1300. Suspensions in the northeast go at about this mileage, my previous Hondas and Toyota needed the same at this point. At 100,000 I needed a headlight, and needed the second headlight at 120,000. Again, normal wear an tear. At 120,000 also needed a new vaccum pump for $300. Nothing major, just minor annoyances. The car has great handling and can keep up with the 3 series from BMW if you push it. Ride is not as nice as the BMW but it comes close enough. Back seat room is limited, and the standard 2.0 L turbo engine with 210 horsepower gets the car going in a hurry with a 0-60 time of about 7.8 seconds with the automatic transmission. Better yet, the gas mileage is very good with 24 average in city, 32 mpg on the highway (although have done as good as 36 mpg a few times). The seats are comfortable in the front and the fit and finish is not bad. The suspension rattles a lot when it wears, so for about from 70,000 to 117,000 it rattled - but now that it is new, all ther rattles are gond again. So a nice, reliable sports car that is fun to drive and good for long trips as well. What is there not to like?

Love my 2006 9-3

by jatpa from Harrisburg, PA | November 22, 2013

The best car I ever had. 75,000 miles and still running like new. The space in the back is not spacious enough for a tall person. Otherwise, a great car.

Worth Keeping

by Bryan from Virginia | August 28, 2013

I love my 2006 SAAB 93 it had a nice sporty drive feel and is extremly comfortable for trips. The trunk has a tone of storage and the passenger room is on the better side of average. I also love the body style. The interior is a nice grey leather and the materials are fantastic and feel high quality. I docked 2 points off on the interior however due to the useless phone buttons and poor dash design that has an overwelming number of buttons. I took 1 point off value since if you bought it new the value dropped really fast once you drove it off the lot. I also took a point from performance just due to the fact that the engine is capable of more power if tuned, although its fine the way it is. Lastly I took points off for reliability since around 60k miles I had both my front coil springs sheer, don't know how. I also had one window regulator fail.

Best Car Ever!!

by vanialex from Phoenix, AZ | June 10, 2013

I've had my 2006 Saab Wagon for two years and it is the best car I have ever had. My husband owns a BWM 525i and prefers to performance of my car to his not to mention that his BMW is constantly needing repair for this and that while in over the two years that I've had mine the only thing I had to change out was a battery! I have gone from Honda, Toyota, Chevy, BMW to my now Saab and I cant honestly say that it's a keeper!

Great SUV Alternative

by Saabaholic from Lakewood NJ | May 29, 2013

Qk so I'm a little prejudiced about cars. I hate every SUV on the road. I don't understand why people can't just buy a station wagon. Having said that you know what Saab stands for' something almost always broken.'I bought my 2006 Saab Sport Combi Wagon in 2009. The first problem was the sunroof wouldn't close without pressing the bypass button on the driver door armrest. Then the passenger window would go up and come right back down. That was a 100 dollar fix by the dealer something to do with the computer. Then the right headlight blew 200 dollar fix. Then the left headlight blew. The brakes went south last month an 800 dollar fix. All the tires have been replaced. The front suspension makes a lot of noise at 76,000 miles don't know if there's anything wrong , Oh and the wipers stopped working last month as well . That was a 300 dollar fix.Needless to say Saab is out of business but the general public seems either unknowledgeable or indifferent about this fact.

Fantastics!

by Saab Forever! from Maryland | February 2, 2013

I put 50,000 miles on my 2.0T since I bought it used in 2010. Great car: fantastic seats, great steering, quiet, the engine performance at low revs is amazing! I've recently tested (for my wife) Volvo's new 250hp S60, some Accura, but performance is nowhere near my Saab. The interior has some cheap plastics, sure, but it's definitely got the fundamentals right: safe, comfortable, performance, reliable, very good on gas. The design has aged gracefully. I would buy a new one in a heartbeat, unfortunately that is not an option anymore...

2006 Saab 9-3 Wagon - Great car so far

by Radj from Boston, MA | August 28, 2012

I just recently purchased this 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0 Turbo wagon and it's the most comfortable and smooth car I have ever driven. I think for the money, this is a great choice. Saab may have gone out of business, but their product is top notch. I have not owned it long so I cannot speak to the long term reliability, but so far I am very happy I purchased it. Based on the fact that I saved $3-4k compared to other choices I had, I have no problem spending a bit more on maintenance over the next few years because this is such a nice ride.

Proud 2.0t Convertible owner

by Mr. A from Seattle, WA | June 29, 2012

I really don't have much bad to say about this car. It's great all around. And it's an AMAZING value.

Featured Services for this Saab 9-3