2007 Saab 9-3

Available in 6 styles:  2007 Saab 9-3 4dr Sport Sedan shown

Overall

Great car so far

by northwesterner from Northwest | July 23, 2013

Aero Sportcombi stage 0 vtuned; have had the car for a year and it's been a great car so far. Great handling, fantastic acceleration (v-tune has been reliable so far although the front tires can't handle the amount of torque (~360lb-ft)) awesome convinience with the sportcombi. There's really not much to dislike besides the gas mileage. I get about 17mpg city/26mpg highway. I tend to average around 19-20, about two less during the winter time. Currently, these cars are a steal and the parts aren't difficult to replace since most are GM; I would jump on one if you can find one in great shape.

performance,comfort,reliable

by long distant driver from san antonio,tx | May 17, 2013

Safe car, reliable, easy handling ,performance great for a gas saver , an exterior is grand , tried looking for another one its hard after my car accident but to hard to find with someone that has taken care of one , 5 stars I say ,this car can run all day I've ran with the best of them, fun car ,I recommend to anyone at long distance

GR8 Car!

by 7779311 from Tacoma, WA | August 4, 2012

First of all, I've owned both BMW and Merc. Prior to buying this SAAB I once again test drove the '07 3 series Bimmer and the C Class Merc and after driving the 07 SAAB 9-3 Aero, it was a home run. This car is a gr8 performer and the price I paid (>16k affter purchasing a warranty) w/28k mi. I felt like I stole it. Resale is not gr8 so be aware if that matters to you. I am 6'3", 232# and I am comfortable in the cockpit unlike the 4 door C Class. This brand is often overlooked because of its badge (GM/SAAB), but don't let that steer you away if you are looking for a gr8 car on a budget. I was a little worried (concerning parts availability) after the sales person told me that SAAB closed it's doors for good, but I still could not walk away from this performer. I spoke with my mechanic and he assured me that he could still get parts so I'm happy. Do yourself a favor and don't concern yourself with what other americans drive. Afterall, 5 series Bimmers are taxi cabs in Europe and so are Merc/Chrysler, need I say more. Decide for yourself and drive home happy, happy, happy especially if your commute involes highway driving. Whether you go manual mode or just slam the pedal that makes you feel warm and fuzzy; you're at 90 mph before you can say gosh darn! Turbo-licious! Passing other commuters won't be a problem. If I could make a change it would be the auto shifter. Looks way cheap. Other than that, I'm a SAAB "SNAAB". The five spoke wheels are sharp and the 235/45-17 Pirelli P6's are good performers. Enjoy the friendly skies "KimoSAABez"! 9-3 AEROplane. :)

Good car, so far

by Cheekyaussie from Gunnison CO | March 12, 2012

So Far, so Good The car certainly drives, handles and performs well. Servicing is expensive, parts are costly and hard to find (in a smal town). My wife loves it, so in reality, thats all that really matters.

Yes, Made from Jets 2007 9-3 2.0T

by baasbaas from Florida | January 16, 2012

This is my 3rd SAAB. That ought to tell you something. There seems to be nothing out there in the same price range that out performs this car. The speed from 0 - 60 is terrific. Highway fuel is really the 31 mpg as advertised. The handling makes it easy to drive. I find I can be going over 90mpg before I know it and have to cool it! The only thing I wish were different it the wheel base. My 900Turbo I could put anywhere. Not so with this 9-3T and its larger radius! This vehicle is comfortable for both driver and passengers. There is enough leg room in the rear seat for normal height people. Not sure is you are 6'5" or more. The trunk is large and easily accessible from the drivers side as well as outside.

Definitely turns heads

by Doobyismaximus from Boulder, Colorado | September 16, 2011

I own a 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero. It's the 2.8 litre turbo 6 speed manual front wheel drive compact sedan. I absolutely love this car. The highway acceleration is superb, the engine noise is VERY minimal and the Seats are ridiculous comfortable. A friend of mine said the seat made her butt feel good haha ; ) Seats that make your butt feel good..oooo yaa. Everywhere I go someone is straining to see or to take a second look at the 9-3 aero. I've been asked if it was a porche or BMW by the lesser Saab educated individuals. The car looks great. It's the front end that seperates this car(asthetically) from it's competitors. Handling is great with a fair amount of body roll and slight understeer accelorating hard out of corners. I live in Colorado and this car is a dream to drive in the mountains, especially on I-70. Doing 75-80 mph up to vail pass without skipping a beat. Oh, and all the while you have been gripping the steering wheel with a kool aid smile you realize..I'm getting 27mpg?!?! Excitement overwhelms as your right foot starts to press harder on the accelerator. If you love to drive, love to look good while you drive and love to save a few dollars..get the 9-3 Aero

Hot little convertible

by mom of 2 from Chicago, IL | July 12, 2011

Bought my 07 two years ago with 28,000 miles. I have the white aero convertible and I love it. Much more comfortable than the audi or BMW convertibles I test drove. Con: I am short, and the seat height adjustment is just barely ok for me. The transmission started slipping at 60,000 miles. Fortunately our local dealer honored the power train guarantee and gave us a brand new trans at no cost. The car rides beautifully now with absolutely no problems. The dealer said they had never replaced a trans in a Saab before. Driving this car on the highway is so much fun it's almost a sin.

Economy at speed

by diecks from chicago | July 7, 2011

My 9-3 is an Aero sedan with 2.0L/270hp turbo 6. The best thing about this wonderful car is the performance. The car is rated 29mpg highway. The dashboard info system only gives aggregate average mpg., but at 85+ the average keeps increasing toward the 29mpg asymptote. Beside this the car is comfortable and well equipped for the money. A sleeper. Though may never be another 9-3.

Great car with a few annoyances but no regrets

by Elsie from New York state | May 8, 2011

I bought this car because I had admired its looks for a number of years. I was lucky to find a 2007 in mid-2010 with only 13,000 miles on it. I think the 2007 is the best model year for this car. Prior model years had a confusing dash layout and some technical problems that were ironed out by 2007, while later models were the victim of some unfortunate changes to the exterior. The more angular headlights and grille on the 2008 and later models look rather desperate to my eye, while the clamshell hood gives the car a droopy profile. Finally, the 2007 sixtieth anniversary edition that I purchased has a number of desirable features, such as topstiched seats, gorgeous 17" wheels (the car looks better proportioned with the larger wheels), fog lamps, and XM radio. My 9-3 also has a 6-speed manual transmission, sunroof, cold weather package, power seats, and some other things I'm forgetting. The 9-3 comes in some great exterior colors; even the silvers and grays look unique. My own "smoke beige" exterior is a misnomer, however, as it is a beautiful deep tobacco color with olive and blue undertones. I've seen only three other 9-3s in this color since I got it. This car is beautiful, fast, quiet, and handles fantastically. The clutch is excellent, although the transmission shifting is sloppy. (A Car&Driver reviewer accurately wrote a few years ago that it feels like the gearshift lever is connected to the transmission with ropes.) But the 6 forward speeds are otherwise a blast to drive. Gas mileage is better than my last car, an underpowered VW Jetta. I agree with other reviewers who complain about too much hard plastic in the interior--my Jetta's dash and doors were nicer--but the Saab's front seats are excellent. Had I been cross-shopping the Saab with a BMW or Lexus, I might have been disappointed in the interior, but those cars do not have the personality, looks, and uniqueness of the 9-3, and they cost a lot more. And the unlike those cars, the 9-3 is just the right size--not too small, not too big. I've had no problems in the ten months I've owned the car, except for having to replace the original tires (due to cupping) and rear brake pads at only 23,000 miles. (The new Michelin Pilot Sport Z-rated tires are quieter than the original Continentals, handle beautifully, and are rated for 45,000 miles.) As for the rear brake pad issue, which others have complained about, it turns out that the 9-3's braking system is rear-biased to minimize nose-dive during normal breaking; the front brakes kick in more strongly under aggressive braking. That means that drivers like me who are usually gentle on the brakes will find the rear pads wearing out before the front pads. Not something to complain about, IMO. Annoyances: Unnecessarily complex and flimsy cup holder. No auto-up on the power windows, which makes pulling away from toll booths complicated with a manual transmission. The power windows can be closed after turning off the ignition, but the sunroof cannot. The front windows occasionally shudder on the way down. Dashboard accent trim is brushed aluminum, but the equivalent pieces on the doors are walnut. The rear shelf is tan while the rest of the interior is black. The back seat is small (although better than my Jetta). The key location is fine with me, except that area of the console seems designed to attract crumbs and dust. The stereo is underwhelming, especially for 300 watts. None of these things matter when you're driving the most beautiful car in town. No regrets at all.

Lots to love

by 06 9-3 Aero Owner from Frederick, MD | April 12, 2011

Pros - Engine, tons of power. 0-60 isn't the greatest but on the hwy you'll almost be in a class of your own. It's like silk on the hwy.. that smooth.. Style, You'll get lots of looks and you're not just another 3 Series, C Series, Audi, or run of the mill Jap auto. Comfort, this car could practically drive itself. It is comfortable! You'll be doing 90 and think you're doing 50. Suspension, It's tight. Car rides like it's on rails. Pricing, If you look around you can pick up a used model 3 or 4 years old for less than an Altima. Cons- 91 octane minimum .. Just filled her up today at $4.01 a gallon= $49.00. Back seats, very tight for anyone over 5'11. (very tight) Saab Quirks, chirps, and hiccups.. Saabs are renowned for a lot of things they do well but also funky noises. I'm getting some chips from the front end over speed bumps.. most likely sway bar bushings. No performance effected but it can get annoying around a parking lot. Drivers side seat creaks over bumps from time to time, shifter (auto) makes creaking sound from park, to D, to R etc. (not mechanically its the plastic bits somewhere in the housing) Bottom line: This is an awesome car that can be obtained at an incredible price. So much vehicle for so little money equals incredible value compared to similarly equipped vehicles. I've had an 03 WRX, and an 06 Legacy GT amongst others, but this is my favourite vehicle I've ever owned... Hands down.

Featured Services for this Saab 9-3