2008 Saab 9-3

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Former Saab lover

by Former Saab lover from | December 17, 2013

I come from a Saab family, we've had about 5 in my lifetime and have always loved them. I loved my 9-3 aero wagon, it was so beautiful and a blast to drive! Then a month after I got her (used, still under warrantee with 32,000 miles) she started acting up. She wouldn't start, I got a new battery. Sunroof broke, they replaced it. Mirrors and electronics started going wonky, they couldn't figure out the problem. Then the starter died, stranded again. Then the battery switch broke and they couldn't get a part for over a week. And on and on... I got to know the people at the dealership service desk pretty well in the 8 visits in 15 months that I had the her. I cried as I traded her in for a more reliable car. Incidentely, a friend bought a 2008 9-3 sedan the same week that I did, and in 2013 it needs a new engine.

My all-time favorite car

by Saabluver64 from Chattanooga,Tn | April 13, 2013

Saab's are my all-time favorite car! I just bought a 2008 Saab 9-3. This is my third Saab! I've owned a 1994 Saab 900, a 2003 Saab 9-3, and now a 2008 9-3. I was a little disappointed that Saab did away with interior info. screen on the dashboard, that was in the 2003-06 models. So, I was a little hesitant to purchase a newer Saab such as a 2007 or newer. I eventually, caved in and purchased a newer Saab versus a 2006 or older. The 2008 Saab is everything and more! The ride is smooth and quiet and is an awesome car!

Not the most common car around, but it should be

by Former College Kid from Fort Washington, MD | August 31, 2012

I've owned my car for about 2 years now (Saab 9-3T Sedan). It's an amazing car, it drives so smooth, handling is great and the engine is responsive. I used to drive 10 hours one way from Atlanta to DC (I lived in DC, but went to school in Atlanta) and the seats were wonderful to me. I love the fact that I can use regular gas also, especially now a days. I get pretty good gas mileage, and the car is pretty solid. What surprises me so much about this car is that nobody buys it... GMC really screwed Saab over, the car is phenomenal. But people look at me like "What do you drive?? What the heck is a Saab?" And I used to be one of those people. Sad to see you go Saab.

Most people don't get it, but...

by Aeroskipper from New York, NY | July 9, 2012

Saab is a great car company with a long tradition of safety, style and performance. This is my 3rd Saab and I love it. I do miss the powerful 4 cylinders, but this 6 is very smooth and very quick. My family has owned close to 10 Saabs and we wouldn't buy anything else. Customer loyalty for this brand is second to none and once you buy one you are immediately welcomed into a family-like atmosphere. "People who test drive a Saab usually end up owning one..."

Going, going, gone

by umass25 from Upton, MA | June 12, 2012

Solid well built fun convertible. I will miss them in the future. so will you even if you don't know it

Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi Wagon

by Saab4evr from San Diego | May 27, 2012

Having driven most popular European sport wagons (BMW, MB, Audi, Volvo) for over 100k miles, I have to say for the money this one is the best balance of performance, style and cost of maintenance. the turbo makes a big difference and I am usually the guy passing, not being passed! I always get stopped by people asking: what is that? Have owned about 36 cars in my life, most being over $30k Euro rides, and this is in the top 3, all things considered.

Love my Saab

by holly from Altoona, PA | May 7, 2012

My second Saab. I hope they stay in business because I'll never go back. I love the turbo engine's quickness for pulling out. The car just feels solid and performs beautifully. And it looks really good for the price tag. My only complaint is that IF something major should go wrong, I'd have to take it to the closest Saab dealership which is 100 miles away.

2007 9-3 Aero Sport Sedan Best Car Ever

by FirstTimeSaabOwner from Dallas TX | April 1, 2012

I bought my 2007 9 3 Aero Sedan (V6 Turbo) about 6 months ago. This is by far the best car I have driven. The turbo is amazing, the car takes off like a jet, from almost ANY speed. Very responsive , light, fast and POWERFUL. The Aero kit makes the look timeless. The interior is neat, loaded but without the clutter, heated seats, voice command, backup sensors, tiptronic transmission ( manual mode option) with a Bose system. When I went car shopping SAAB wasn't on my radar, I was looking for a coupe, Mustang, BMW 330I and Infiniti G35 coupe. I only test drove the SAAB Aero as an afterthought after I saw price, and I was hooked immediately, It was by far the best test drive. I'm only speaking of the Aero but I hear the 2.0T is also good. If you can find an Aero grab it! The only issue I have with the car is parts because SAAB is going out of business, the parts are getting harder to come by even though they say SAAB Parts is not affected by the bankruptcy. My car got hit on the side a couple weeks ago and I'm having hard time with collision repair shops because they say the replacement parts are scarce even through the dealer, so it's not a car you wanna dent or wreck and that's why I gave it a 4 on reliability. I haven't had any mechanical issues except for a wheel bearing I had to replace after hitting a pothole, got the part at a local parts store, it drives like a new car . I'd buy another SAAB Aero in a heartbeat if I had to, regardless of the parts issue because Ill find them somehow. I now understand why SAAB owners are loyal to that brand. Once you drive a SAAB you become more interested in a car's drivability and it's hard to find another that's as fun to drive. I hope someone saves SAAB so they can continue to make great cars.

Saab Convertible ... A Looker with Power

by SoCal Car Seeker from Thousand Oaks, CA | February 13, 2012

A car that has that newer look and has people take another look and smile. It's a convertible with power (V6 w. 255+ hp)... press the S button and watch out! Lots of fun and fun items in it. Excellent tires. Even for a tall and athletically built man like myself, I fit in comfortably. Overall, a fun car with the option to go topless in California!

Love my SAAB 9.3 (this is my 2nd one)

by RedHeadDude from Nashville, TN | February 1, 2012

I wanted an Audi A4 this time, but considering the resale value on the SAAB 9.3 these days, I really think it's a much better investment. Sad that SAAB is going by the wayside, but... get 'em while you can!!

Featured Services for this Saab 9-3