2000 Saab 9-5

2000 Saab 9-5
Available in 7 styles:  2000 Saab 9-5 4dr Station Wagon shown

Overall

More fun to drive than I could have imagined

by MichaelG from Pittsburgh,Pa. | September 24, 2012

I bought this car for my 18 yr old daughter,primarily because of the exceptional safety rating.The previous owner kept it very well maintained with meticulous records.What I didn't know was how much fun it is to drive.My daughter's one complaint is that at every opportunity I take it out to play with and she is "stuck" with my new Escape.

2000 Saab 9-5

by Big AZ from Auburn, WA | August 20, 2011

Great car! Commute, camping, coaching, everything it's even the date car! Parts are a bit pricey which is the only bummer! I hope to put another 100K on it

Most Reliable Saab

by Renault5 from Kensington, Maryland | April 26, 2011

From 2002 until a week ago, I owned a 2000 9-5 Areo wagon, 5-speed manual. Very useful car for a family and a parent who likes a safe but fun car to drive. I've owned five Saabs over the last 25 years, and this one has been very reliable, even better than my first, a 1969 Saab 96.

Great wagon, fully loaded

by Rigo from Alexandria, VA | November 20, 2010

Is a fantastic value, keep the oil change and other minimal service requirments and will go way over 200K, much bettre than Audi and better price, I own one and will drive it for the next 100K with no monthly payments of new cars !

2000 saab 9-5 turbo wagon

by vladko from chicago | May 6, 2010

Good car to drive everywhere. Love winter mode feature. Nice interior design,safety features, build in child seat, huge trunk space. Good fuel economy with 2.3 turbo engine. Smooth transmission. I enjoy driving it.

I like EVERYTHING about this car.

by Jeppie1 from Jeppie1 | January 21, 2008

Keep the car away from stealership repairs and do the maintenance on time and these v6 engines will run FOREVER......FOREVER!!! This is the most comfortable travel car that I am aware of. Far more exciting to drive than any rice burner or cheap American junk I have ever driven, and I have played with, worked on & driven many cars over the past 35 years. If you want the best car for the money, these pretty much beat anything else. I have 3 other Saab's, they are all impressive but the 9-5 v6 turbo is amazing. All get rave reviews from whomever rides with me. Most don't even know what they are. Sad......

I liked it so much a bought another one.

by Picky Car Guy from Bridgewater NJ | November 12, 2007

Style, Luxury, Performance, Economy and Safety. I know of no other car that does it better than the 9-5 AERO. I used to own a 900S convertible that was just OK. I tested a 9-3 and it was no better than a 900. I tried a 9-5 AREO just for fun and WOW - it was night a day from the 9-3. This rivals my 928 for acceleration and has the comfort that Porsche only dreams of. I'm 6'6 and the Saab is my car of choice for long trips. You want to drive this car everywhere! The FWD and winter traction control make it great in the winters as well. Costs to fix are no greater than any euro car and it needs far less attention than any American car or my Audi Quattro. I wish the LED and cup holder were better made but thats about it. After 5 years of happy motoring I upgraded to a newer AREO. It was a no-brainer.

Aero Sedan - WOW

by Eurodriver from KC, MO | July 7, 2007

OK, to start with, if you're going to buy a luxury type car get ready for more costly repairs than a Chevy. Having said that, this car has everything. Comfortable, stylish and high performance. The 40 - 80 passing acceleration of the Aero is simply unbelievable - there are few cars on the road that can touch it. The classy interior, heated/cooled seats, outstanding sound system, sport/winter automatic shift and numerous other cool features makes this the neatest car I've owned, including the Mercedes. And did I mention my average 22 mpg? Go ahead, buy one. You'll smile all the way to work every day.

Overall Satisfied

by 9-5 Lover!! from Fort Wayne, IN | April 14, 2007

I have had my Saab 9-5 Aero for little over a year after purchasing it used from a local dealer. I have had a few odd problems with it, but overall am very pleased with the performance and handling. I also enjoy the ventilated/ heated seats option because it comes in handy!! I am disappointed in the digital clock/ temperature gauge unit. It cuts in and out whenever it feels like it. Also my Saab symbol has fallen off two different times, each costing $100.00 to get replaced. Overall the vehicle is great for the morning commute and long trips!! I have taken my car to Florida on three different occasions and have no trouble.

Most satisfying car I've ever owned.

by Swedish Snaab from Charlotte, NC | December 21, 2006

I have a 2000 9-5 SE Wagon that I bought new. It is exceptionally comfortable and safe with plenty of power at all speeds and solid handling. The fit and finish of the interior is very high quality. To me, this is the last Saab model that still really feels like a Saab. GM is steadily draining the life and quirkiness out of the brand. Honestly, if they still made a 900 4-door, I'd prefer to have one, but I'll gladly settle for a 9-5.

Featured Services for this Saab 9-5