2003 Saab 9-5

Available in 6 styles:  2003 Saab 9-5 4dr Station Wagon shown

Overall

Good deal

by Diamond in Training from Vermont | November 25, 2013

Car was as advertised, although my mechanic thinks a couple wheels were slightly bent causing minor vibration at certain speeds. The young salesman messed up when he told me I could pay with a credit card when they only accepted Debit cards! Fairly substantial difference as I lost the air miles I would have acquired!

SAABs are the best cars I've owned! On my 5th now!

by Nick from Peoria, IL | April 4, 2013

My 9-5 Aero is the best riding car I've ever owned, which includes a BMW 325I, SAAB 9-3 Aero, VW Jetta turbo, SAAB 900 Turbo, Saturn, SAAB 9-7x. If you want a lot of car for the money, used SAABs are the way to go. You can't buy that much car for the money anywhere else. All european cars have some gremlins, but if you know how to use a computer & are mechanically inclined, you can find how to repair most things on these cars easily. This 9-5 has the best seats of any car I've ever saat in. They are super sporty and comfortable. The turbo 4-cylinder engine gets great highway gas mileage when you want it, and tons of power when you mash down the pedal. Interior is luxurious and driver oriented, which I prefer.

fun family luxury car

by cruzer from | April 8, 2012

never get tired of driving this car, great handling and an excellent stereo system. Comfortable on long trips and easy to get some speeding tickets.

nice looking older car

by Joe Saab from Shelton WA | December 27, 2011

This is my 3rd Saab so maybe I'm a Saab junkie. I bought this car because I likr to tool around in a stickshift and this car was in very nice condition for a 2003 and had only 54m miles . All Saabs have electircal issues and this one is no exception, the information display regularly comes up with alerts that propmt a visit to the service center only to find out they were false alarms. Learn to put up with it and turn it off when it pops up. Saab always safe and comfortable ride, this one is my cold/wet weather motorcycle, we need someting like that here in the North west.

SAAB 03 AERO

by J-AERO from New Hampshire | December 12, 2011

Have been a Saab owner since 85. My first Aero. It's an amazing vehicle - advanced features for an 03.

The worst car I have ever owned

by Hate Saabs!!! from Maine | September 21, 2011

We bought a saab 9-5 2003 thinking it was going to be a safe reliable car. We were wrong. In a weeks time its had already needed a 300 dollar part replaced. I wanted to sell but the husband said no that it was a good car. Then it started leaking anit freeze. Before long the mass air flow sensor went. Then I was driving it down the highway and it stalled for no reason. To add more scary thing te shifter cable broke and I was stranded in the car with no one to help me as it rolled down the driveway. Then smoke started comming out of the muffler. The Piston rings in the engine went. So we need a new engine in a car we bought three months ago that has 74,000 miles on it. HATE IT!!!

Great car!

by Opto Saab Enthusiast from Cary, NC | April 18, 2011

I bought a used saab 95 several years ago. So far, I have had no major problems with my 95. The performance is good and the comfort is excellent. This car is ideal for long rides.

I will like to buy another sabb 9-5

by muneco from Arizona | October 3, 2010

If you want to save gas, ride a top of the line sedan and still drive it after 324000 miles buy a saab 9-5. i had a bmw and it drives and feels like all other european cars.

Great Car

by RICKY from Lowell, MA | February 14, 2010

I love this car, runs great, good winter package, they could of done a litle better with the interior tho, other than that I would recommend this car

Good mix of power , efficiency, & reliability

by 9-5 Reviewer from Medfield, MA | September 1, 2009

I've owned a 2003 9-5 since new and was looking at my records recently...I've had great luck with repairs, nothing major and I've turned 100k recently. I like this cars combination of power (the turbo 2.3L in the Aero puts out 250hp) and MPG(consistently get 29 mpg highway). The seats are great and has tons of space in the trunk / fold down options. Also traction control in the snow works great !

Featured Services for this Saab 9-5