2007 Saab 9-5

20 city / 30 hwy

Overall

My little rocket-ship!

by New Saab owner from Los Angeles, CA | July 2, 2012

I love this car! It has a sport mode that gives you a nice kick when you need it. The manual mode is fun too, but I dont use it much. The back seats fold down flat and open up to the trunk. Its an amazing amount of storage space that I was not expecting. My only complaint is that there is only one cup holder in the front, but two in the back. Whats that all about? I think overall its a great car. Its runs smooth, looks great inside and out and it feels like my own little rocket-ship when I hit that sport button. I recommend it to someone who wants a classy sporty car that has good gas mileage and lots of storage.

second 9.5 gave 2001 to my son

by aero from ma | November 22, 2011

Having driven aeros for the past 7 years and had pretty good luck I decided to go for a second one .the first is still running.I l;ike the sporty drive and you get a lot for the price although they are not cheap to repair.the 2007 seems a little more solid but I think the new bucket seats aern't as comfortable as the old ones.interior is a little tacky but I love the over all styling.Very happy at the moment.By the way I bought both cars used with about 40000 miles on them.

Great Value

by saabguy07 from Chicago | October 20, 2011

This is my second Saab 9-5 and one the best values I have ever found in a used car. Great comfortable ride and seats. Good performance from turbo yet decent gas mileage. And with the depreciation, it was a great bargin. I have the wagon, so there is a lot of room, but easy to park, not like those fat SUV's.

Decent car for the money

by Brown's car wash from Philadelphia, Pa | October 20, 2011

I usualy try to get the most car for the money. The Saab seem to fit that bill. This is my first and may not be my last. It has been extremely reliabile. I love the look, I have the Aero package but does not handle as well as the Mercedes-Benz, the cars I have driven over the past few years. For the price of a used one I would recommend this car.

A Nice Package

by Two Stroke from New England | January 30, 2009

Higher rated cars with the solid feel of the 9-5 sell for thousands more. Turbo lag is noticeable moving from a stop, otherwise turbo is great fun and mine delivers consistent high 20's mpg even on regular. MPG is better with higher octane fuel. Front wheel drive combined with standard traction control is secure in slippery condition, but sacrifices some handling compared to rear drive. Interior reflects Swedish design simplicity. I like it. 9-5s aren't big sellers, so they have a certain exclucivity that you can't get with other cars even close in price to what these sell for. A friend of mine who has owned competing sedans bought a 9-5. He says he enjoys it second only to his 1967 Corvette among cars he has owned. In any case, the 9-5 is worth a test drive.

A car with performance and efficiency in mind

by Green Driver from Delaware | December 17, 2008

I think sales of the Saab brand would really take off if it were properly promoted. It has comparable performace characteristics to your BMW/Mercedes for thousands less. It is more frugal with fuel economy than comparable Toyota/Honda brands and only a thousand or so more (from final sales price). For safety, it is neck and neck with Volvo. In the current economic climate I would still consider a Saab if I was in the need of a new vehicle. With these factors in mind I chose the Saab 9-5 when purchasing a car last year. Driving it has been a pleasure. I tested the highway fuel efficeincy at a 36 mpg after a 120 mile ride (at 65mph). Normally, I push the vehicle more and get a mpg return in the low 30s. Around town/city I get anywhere between 19-24 mpg. The only minor complaints I would have about the car are that the cup holders are not designed for American drivers and the arm-rest cover is designed to slide. This is very annoying to people whom are not use to this design. After a month I got use to this aspect. To sum up it is a great value car. I think the sticker price is too high and it scares away customers. The discounts on purchasing the Saab are amazing. My family really enjoys this car!

Saab 95 - A Hidden Jewel

by We call our car Saaby Baby Boy from St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada | June 18, 2008

We own a 2007 Saab 95 2.6 Turbo (black) and we absolutely LOVE THIS CAR. If you want European styling and handling, this is the car to get. I don't understand why a lot of automotive journalists criticize the 95's exterior design. I think it's sleek, fast and mean looking, especially the front and side profiles. And I love the fact that it's unique - there aren't a lot of 95's on the road yet - the car attracts a lot of attention. Wherever we go people ask us about it. Our Saab has the Sport package - it really hugs the road and the 2.6 Turbo puts out 260 horses that pushes you back in your seat when you hit the gas pedal. The low profile Perrelli tires and chrome mags add to the look and it has back seats that have plenty of leg room, unlike the Saab 93. The trunk is very roomy and the back seats fold down making it capable of holding a lot of gear. It's an exciting car to drive and we are definitely going to purchase another when our lease on this one runs out in 2010. All GM needs to do is improve the cup holders in the front so you get your drink comfortably as you cruise down the highway.

My new 9-5: Poor Design, Unsafe, Horrible Quality

by never again Saab/GM from Minneapolis, MN | March 3, 2008

I bought a new Saab with 25 miles on odometer. After only few thousand miles the car began to disintegrate and deteriorate, forcing me to spend 2-3 times a month in a dealer shop; with each repair lasting 3-4 hours. The main problem is body hardware, particular a roof area. The entire sunroof cassette cannot be properly fit, resulting in constant shakes and terrible exhaustive metallic noise and rattling. The roof, body, shade, upholstery, front panel, and door trims rattling is pronounced on all kind of roads, the car quiets only on ultra smooth surfaces. Rattling and noises are getting intolerable with adding passengers; giving the impression the car will loose pieces or break apart. Engine is noisy and vibrates badly on idling, transmitting vibration to driver seat and steering wheel. On cold days doors would not close/lock properly. Doors/trunk hinges needs to be lubricated and tie up every thousand miles to keep the alignment and avoid creeping noises. The dealership is good at performing routing lubrication with every repair. Within a year, gas mileage has dropped from (23-25) to (16-18), mostly in hwy driving, which is embarrassing for a tiny 2.3L 4 cylinder engine The car is difficult to repair, every attempt to fix the problem introduces new problems, especially if they have to remove the entire upholstery or trim pieces. The car occasionally is pulling sharply to left with no apparent reason and, occasionally, there are strange kickbacks into the steering wheel/column. The waiting list for getting a new part is about 30 days. If they cannot locate a new part, like entire sunroof cassette assembly, they install a completely different unit stating that is was reengineered for “safety” reasons., In fact, Saab is preoccupied with “safety”. If your repair does not immediately affect “safety”, even if the car is impossible to drive, you will not get a loaner, so don’t even consider buying this one if you don’t have a backup car. I wish I would keep my 10 yo Nissan which was problem/rattle free and at 100K miles have a brand new feel compare to this “luxury” lemon.

2nd Saab Story

by deacane from Miami, Florida | March 29, 2007

After having a very good experience with a 2005 Saab 9-5 Arc Sportwagon, we turned in our BMW and ordered the latest 9-5 Aero SportCombi with all options but the navigation. We were not disappointed. The updated 9-5 has a much better (and more modern) information display and a great Harman/Kardon Sound System (the best factory system I have heard to date). On the outside, the car looks very similar to the Audi A6 Avant from the front. It is a beautiful car from the Rear and Rear 3/4 view. The car is a sporty and spirited drive. I almost picked up a ticket yesterday but the trooper let me off with a warning. This car loves to run at high speeds, and I was moving. oops! We have had no reliability issues with our 2005, but the front brakes didn't last as long as I thought they would have (31,000 mi.). And like the previous writer, we came out unscathed from a serious rear-ender accident, so it's a really safe car. (We were hit at pretty high speed while we were stopped at a red light). No injuries. Personally, I like that I can go for weeks without seeing another one on the road. I also love the ventilated and fan cooled leather sport seats. It really cools you off fast in Miami. Very highly recommended as Useful, Reliable, Luxurious, and Sporty.

Very safe but with small reliability problems

by Average Joe from Boston | March 20, 2007

It is now four months since we changed our 2001 95 SE with a almost new 95 sport combi. The main reason we got identical car was the performance of the old one in an accident that despite its severity my wife walked out with minor injuries. For the old car we changed the battery four times! And recently had to change alternator and air conditioning compressor and so on. But the car was really nice. The new one is even better in all mechanical aspects, except for the brakes. This one is even faster than the old and handling has improved. I liked the Ark handling much more but disliked the interior. I also have become aware that Ark models come with better brakes. Two nights ago, I had to drive the car in a snow storm and the car was awesome.

Featured Services for this Saab 9-5