2007 Saturn Aura

20 city / 28–29 hwy

Overall

Excellent Car

by Scoot Mahoot from | June 3, 2014

This car has been absolutely awesome. I was very picky when I was looking at a car to buy and this one had everything i could ever ask/need in a car. Bought it with 61,000 km on it and so far not a single issue at all. Those that are having issues must have just had a bad luck in the draw. Has a strong engine. Although there's lots of plastics in the interior it really does look more luxurious then you might think. Trunk space perfect for 2 hockey bags. Tires/rims look very sassy. Lots of compartments to store whatever you need. Gas is mediocre in terms of a car but for a V6 its not bad! I am averaging between 10-11 L/100 km but i spend a decent amount of time city driving. Highway/long road driving can reach 6.5-8 L/100 km. Didn't really know this car existed until I bough it but i would much rather have it that way as i don't want the same car as everyone else. Overall I highly recommend it.

2007 saturn aura

by sexybeast from | May 1, 2014

i would recommend you get this car it is the best car i had its so comfortable it makes me feel safe.

Worst Vehicle

by Disgruntle buyer from Forsyth, GA | December 27, 2013

Bought a pre-owned 2007, electrical/charging problems (door locks, remote, anti-theft, lights, alternator and battery). Three times to the dealer, they can't fix it. Contacted GM, they won't help. A lot of people are having some of the same problems with this vehicle. At the present, car is just sitting up because alternator won't charge battery. Still paying on it. Bought 2 alternators and 3 batteries, still having same problem with charging. Had two cases open with GM. Both times they just said "I'm sorry we can't help you". No explanation, no advice, just, sorry.

Love this car

by anukis79 from Decatur, GA | December 14, 2013

This car is it! Never considered a Saturn but this car is awesome!!! Loving it! Just purchased it. The dealer was great and very knowledgeable. Would recommend them to buy a car from.

Overall Great Car

by KhorasGuy from Seattle, WA | January 1, 2013

I bought a Saturn Aura XR new in October 2007. I've had it a little over 5 years and have put 85,000 miles on it. It's been absolutely rock solid. Other than changing the oil and buying new tires, I've never had it in to the shop for anything. Never needed any repairs. I've got no complaints. Yes, it does go through gas a bit quicker than my previous car, but then again, I've got a six cylinder XR with tons of power. So I wasn't expected great gas mileage and I'm ok with that. I'm currently hoping that I can get past 100,000 miles before I need to repair anything on it. So far, so good. I am very happy with this car and I would have bought another Saturn in a few years if GM hadn't shut them down.

The Sports Sedan that Confused All.

by Conflicted Saturn Aura XR Owner from Oswego, IL | October 1, 2012

Okay first the good: 1. Fast - Surprised a few unsuspecting BMW's and Infiniti's that were thinking otherwise. 2. Handling - Once again, put good tires on it and wow this thing will not let go. 3. Interior has some great features and look even better. 4. Seats actually hold you in place and the Cloth is HEATED!!!. 5. Good Gas Mileage - As long as you keep your foot out of it. Get 32 on the highway from Chicago to Milwaukee. Warranty - Powertrain warranty until 100,000. Okay now the bad: 1. Handling - If its wet, dont expect to go anywhere fast. 2. Looks - Front looks great but the back doors and trunk look like GM ran out of design money and said the h*ll with it. 3. Trunk - Too small of an opening, and just too small 4. Rear seats - No middle arm rest and a little cramped. 5. Expensive Tires - You can kill a set a year. 6. Reliability - Broken Drivers Seat, Intermediate steering shaft, sunroof, misc. trim pieces, and funky transmission shifting sometimes. 7. FRONT WHEEL DRIVE

Second Thoughts

by Mico from Dallas, Texas | June 19, 2012

I bought my 2007 Saturn Aura in August of 2010. I had just had horrible car wreck and my previous car was shredded to pieces. I wanted a car that would with stand wrecks a little better, I noticed it had an incredible wonderful crash rating so we jumped on what we thought was a good deal. While test driving, I noticed that it had incredibly low gas mileage. I asked the salesman and he said it was because he had been test driving it a lot and it drops because of it, I thought that was the dumbest excuse ever, but I ignored what ever thoughts came to mind. We purchased the car and I thought it was a great deal, it was sleek, stylish and a more mature look for me. The dealer flaked out with tenting my windows and when I went back he said he wouldn't do it anymore and that was the end of that. Gas mileage is pathetic. I have to seriously focus on how I use my gas pedal, because I use the city streets a lot for both of my jobs and I am lucky to get 18 miles to the gallon... IF I am lucky. Right now, I'm clocking about 16 to 17 miles per gallon. If I go on a long road trip, I can get up to 21, MAYBE 22 miles per gallon. If you enjoy filling up 50 bucks a week for less than 300 miles per tank... this is your car! I will say that I have been involved in 2 wrecks with this car, my car got very little damage while any car that hit mine was smashed. So I guess the car serviced my initial purpose. I am ready to get rid of my car, this car is definitely not an investment car. My fuel pump has stopped working, and it was quiet expensive to fix. Sometimes the roof leaks when I run my car through the car wash. I do wish I had not jumped into this purchase, I am no longer wanting this car.

great car

by darkehorse from | April 23, 2012

Great car. Only drawback is that the mpg is not as good as expected. This is for the 6 cylinder xr model. Everything else is top notch so far.

chevy malibeu for less money

by krimper from corona c,a | November 28, 2011

if you c,ant or don,t want to buy a new malibu the saturn aura is just as good at half the price,they stoped making the aura but it really is the same car ,but abetter looking body

Warning !!!

by Danny Boy from Tacoma,Wa. | November 3, 2011

I bought my Aura XR brand new ,Warning !! I love the looks of this car,The power ,But I warn you this car is your worse nightmare unless you like to keep giving Saturn & GM money ,There is a very big problem with the Stearing ,Air Bags, Brakes,electrical, Gm will not call these cars back ,They dont no how to fix the problem with the stearing, suspension,Just go online & See the problems that everyone has had & Saturn or I should say GM wont call these cars back.All GM is doing is waiting for your warranty to run out & charge you out your butt.

Featured Services for this Saturn Aura