2003 Saturn ION

Available in 5 styles:  2003 Saturn ION 4dr Sedan shown

26 city / 33 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

People First (Saturn 2005)

by SaturnFan1995 from Greensboro,NC | March 21, 2014

My parents owned 2 ion sedans a basic 2003 ion 2 sedan and a fully loaded to the hilt 2004 ion 2 sedan I now own a fully loaded to the hilt 2003 Saturn ion 2 Quad Coupe Thanks in part to cars.com I simply love the car and I have been in love with Saturn cars sense I was about 5 or 6 and recently convensed my dad to get my little sister a 1998 SL2 saturns no matter the milage year or model are safe reliable and runt to drive I had a jaguar and traded it for my Saturn I love my saturns

Great Reliable Commuter

by Cdawg from Fredericksburg, VA | July 30, 2013

I bought the car with 40k miles. It now has 165k. I have beaten and abused the car commuting everwhere, only changing the oil very 5k and replaced pads, rotors, and one set of tires. No belts, no plugs. The only other problems are the faulty ignition safety switch causes the car to lock down for 10 minutes after which time it will start up. I have a part to fix that issue. I also believe i need to replace the front hubs since it sounds like a 4x4 with mudders right now. Too bad they don't make this car anymore, it is so reliable, never broken down on me in 5 years.

Gas Saver

by joeflyin from Tucson | October 5, 2011

Love this car! Great gas-saver with lots of spunk!I drive it back and forth to So Calif. lots, and it is great on highway even in crosswinds. I also do not mind the instrument cluster in the middle of the dashboard.

Best car ever!

by Ion lover from California | May 31, 2011

I have a 2003 Ion that I bought new and the only problem I have ever had is the recall for the front turn signal. When it was younger, I would get 38 MPG on my 90 mile commute to work. My only complaint is with the front seat. It is uncomfortable and the clutch was placed farther away than the gas and brake pedals. The outside still looks brand new and I have almost 160,00 miles on it. I hope it lasts several more years since I can't buy another one!

Loved the Car when I first got it

by Mystical from New Haven, CT | April 18, 2011

I loved my Saturn when I first got it which was in October of 09' so yeah it was a used car. But I thought that it was a cute car. I learned quickly that it stinks in the winter time. When ever the temperature drops below 30 degrees fahrenheit that is when I usually have the most problems with it. I have noticed on a different site that someone had posted they lived in WA and moved to Southern CA and when the moved they had no problems. I have work early in the morning and I am usually out there for 20 mins trying to get the car to start and no one can tell me what it is that is causing that problem. Other than that I love the car. But keep in mind I live in New England and our winters can be pretty bad. So just a heads up other than the starting problem in the Winter time it is a GREAT Car.

Nice Vehicle

by NICE RIDER from Denver CO | March 30, 2011

Good Gas mileage.......................................................................................................

Love this car

by Saturn Girl from Buffalo, NY | February 28, 2011

I purchased my 2003 Saturn Ion five years ago used. This is my second car ever and I absolutely love it! I've so far got slightly over 83K miles on it and have had no problems with it at all. I change the oil and that's it. It's definitely a car for smaller people. I'm 5'3 and it's perfectly comfortable for me. I can see how taller people would be cramped in it though. For being a 4 cylider the car has alot of pep and seems to always want to pick up and go! If you take care of this car it will last for years and into over a hundred thousand miles. I reccomended this car to my grandmother who ultimately bought one for herself (2007 model) and loves it as well.

I won't buy one again

by emerdoodle from | August 11, 2010

Engine good, over 200k miles now. Electrical bad. Trouble since day 1, -heating, lights, starter,UGH

very relable car

by GolMat from bethlehem, Pa | July 13, 2010

I have 136,000 miles on my Ion and have have minimal problems. If I could buy a new one today, I would.

Great value for the Money

by Lucky from Wilmington, De | January 29, 2010

The car is great for the first time buyers, or as a commuter car. The interior is utilitarian. Hadling is good, although not very nimble (weight). numerous complaints regarding ignition switch (no-start in cold), and clunking noises from front and steering wheel, but not in the car I bought. Very little foot space (difficult to find comfortable driving position). Go-kart- like steering wheel. The only 2003 car with less than 100,000 miles for under $4,000 in the 100-mile radius. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase, but it's likely I'd been lucky.

Featured Services for this Saturn ION