2004 Saturn ION

Available in 6 styles:  2004 Saturn ION 4dr Coupe shown

Overall

Enjoyable car to drive.

by econemy car from Appleton, WI | May 24, 2016

I really love my car it is really fun to drive. Get's great gas mileage. I was also was impress on how much room there is for trunk space.

Great car for the money

by Cfagan from | October 7, 2015

the car runs great and serves it purpose. Great first car or commute car. No thrills or luxury but gets you from a-b with ease.

Transmission is very expensive to replace

by VaSaturn from Virginia | October 3, 2015

at 128,000 miles the transmission blew. $5900 to replace. I had to buy a new car. Otherwise it was a fun car to drive. Roomier than you'd expect. Sad it is dead.

2004 Saturn Ion3

by DickJNY from Elmira NY | August 18, 2013

- Bought this car used with over 100K miles on it, for 2 hour commute expecting great gas milage with the 5 speed automatic. It was also fun to drive with good suspension and seemed to always be in the right gear. Last half of my commute to work was expressway at 85 MPH+ (lots of fun). When that job was over I had 2 compact cars and sold this one because I could get more for it. New owner had the timing belt break. No damage just replaced it and was on his way. - Great car and fun to drive.

unreliable

by my car from Sylvester, GA | August 16, 2013

Have had nothing but problems and have had to put all kinds of money into it before I even made the first payment. It kind of defeats the savings.

Love my Saturn Ion

by My BLue 2004 Saturn ION from Phoenix, AZ | August 4, 2013

I love this car, it is very fuel efficient and the color blue, it is amazing!!!! With a sunroof on top, and a spoiler, it's my dream car now lol Thank you111

love my car

by stephnmills from anderson sc | April 28, 2013

this is the best car i have ever own love it... never had a problem with this car like others... it is amazing on gas mine gets around 29 in city and 32 on highway...

Reliability and Value for the money

by Michwinters from Troy, MI | November 26, 2012

I have owned my 2004 ION 3 for 9 yrs now. This car has never let me down. Although it really sucks in the snow, it gets great gas mileage, lots of trunk space and has never broken down on me. The only promblems I have had, is the transmission slipping like others have said, but only when its 70+ degrees out. I also have had an ignition promblem with it, it won't start in the winter, but if you let it sit for 7-10 minutes, (and no less than that), it will start back up no promblem. My friend who also owned this car had the same promblem and they could never find a fix for it, we replaced the battery thinking it was that... This is a great little car for a single person or a college student.

2004 saturn ion review

by dick from st.john, NL | August 5, 2012

had the saturn ion for close to 5 years put almost 125,000 Kms on it and still works good the only truble is multipl wheel inlinenment and cluth car has 200,000 kms on it and works like a charm

Very reliable car, just one problem tho...

by Ebonion from Rochester, NY | July 27, 2011

I've owned this car for almost 3 years now. This car has been very good to me, however the one biggest glitch about this car is the transmission. I should have picked it up the first time i took it out for a test drive at the dealership. Apparently it is an issue (it's called "shift flare" according to wiki) on the 03 and 04 ions. The transmission was revised for the ions in 05 to a 4 speed auto(03s and 04s are 5 speed autos), fixing the problem. Anyway, my shifts hard when its not warmed into 3rd gear. You can also feel it slip slightly (like another reviewer mentioned) when you let off the gas decelerating from 50mph down to 40mph (probably out of 3rd gear). Other than that, the car has been great. I have the level 3, so it's loaded with everything except a moonroof and leather. Living in NY, it's great having a car that you don't have to worry about rust, on the sides of the car at least, with the sides being plastic. (They're also dent resistant). Another giant positive about this car that I love is the engine. It runs nice and smooth, no complaints there, although I could of course use a few more horses under the hood, but that's just the guy in me. I should have found the redline version of this car, ha.

Featured Services for this Saturn ION