See Also: 2001 Saturn L200 | 2001 Saturn L100

See Photos & Videos

Overall

ONE OF THE BEST CARS I'V HAD

by THE DON from OLEAN, NEW YORK | November 15, 2012

IN VERY GOOD SHAPE, IT HANDLES WELL, GOOD ON GAS, VERY SAFE CAR TO OWN, KEPT THIS CAR UP AS BEST I COULD, NEVER HAD ANY BREAK DOWNS WITH THIS CAR, GOOD CAR TO DRIVE IN THE WINTER

Very reliable, cheap car

by Rory from | November 11, 2012

Saturns aren't fancy cars, but they're very reliable and get great gas mileage. The only bad thing about the SLs is that they have the tendency to consume oil. This only really becomes a problem when you don't top it off and end up ruining the engine. Mine uses about a quart of oil every 3,000 miles.

Worth Every Penny! A Fabulous Awesome Car!

by Saturn Fan! from California | March 31, 2011

This is my third Saturn, an L300 2001. I love the car. The repairs over the years have been minimal, and maintenance has been easy. I have had no major mechanical problems either. I would buy another Saturn for sure. I think it is a fabulous company. Too bad no one bought them. Now they are not making any new cars. Clearly a reliable and well made American vehicle.

2001 Saturn 200L- nAERLY 200k Mile and still going

by Sir Lawrence from Wesley Chapel, FL | August 28, 2010

Ha, I bought this car used at 36k miles.. I have nearly 200k miles on this babe. Yes, I had to change front and rear brakes,rotors,tune ups, and a/c compressor and catalystic converter. She has been been very reliable. Just keep up with the oil changes and maintenance as schedule. Its easy to work on to say the least. the engine compartment is very spacious to work and not cluttered with stuff. I am really happy with its performance, cause its not a sport car.... with the car . Its not the greatest looking car , but reliable.

Best car I ever owned!!!

by alk from Atlanta | March 22, 2010

I bought it used 2 and a half years ago. It had 76,000 miles on it. I love this car! The seats are less than comfortable on a long trip, but more comfortable than most out there. The power the engine puts out just flat out snaps my neck. Of course I mean the V6. I researched that after I bought it. Turns out the Saab used the same V6. Sure, I've had issues with my car. I've had a rogue short in my lighting system... either the driver side fog light or driver side tailight takes turns blowing. I've had just a few repairs done, though all have been major expenses. It started with a blown MAF, shredded timing belt, and most recently the oil cooler went out, spewing oil on the pavement faster than I could put it back in. The a/c went out last summer too. But it's now almost 10 years old, with 130,000 miles on it. It's going to have issues at this age/mileage. But other than that, I plan on driving the car til it just won't drive any more. It's been relaible other than that, because it's never left me on the side of the road!

Such a great car.

by D - NJ from | July 29, 2009

This was my first car, obviously i have another car now (Nissan Cube) and i loved it. So reliable and i would recommend this to so many people looking for a bargain. Saturn, you have out done yourself.

Exceeded Expectations

by Silver Saturn from New Mexico | March 25, 2009

I bought the car new in 2001 and thought I would only keep it for 5 years. I also never planned to buy an American car. The car has exceeded my expectations and been very reliable. It started needing repairs in the fall of 2008: -water pump -fuel pump -heater core -axle shaft The car now has 134,000 miles. I was hoping it would make it to 200K but now I'm not so sure. I am happy to so far have 3 more years out of the car than I originally thought. I plan on keeping it through the rest of this year.

Not worth it

by KB from San Francisco, CA | August 18, 2008

It's not worth the expenditure. In the first 5 years, I had to put an additional $10K of work into the car on things that should not have worn out so early (like the catalytic converter before 40,000 miles and the rack and pinion assembly before 60,000). Based on the glowing reviews of Saturn, I had expected more value and reliability.

Great car after the recall repairs

by Saturn L200 owner from Orlando, Florida | July 20, 2008

When I bought the Saturn 2001, L200 in 2003, with 16000 miles on it, the car drove great however it started to accelerate slow however after taking it to the dealership I found out about the recalls and I had many repair done at no cost. After the repairs the Saturn L200 preformed great, I now have 70,000 on it. The reason for my review is to allow owners to check for recalls. The car was a lease, used.

This car is great

by nik from maine | November 20, 2007

Appart from my volvo this is the niceiest car i have ever owned. It is safe and reliable. The car is smooth compaired to my old chevrolet metro. The contols on the steering weel are great and the leather around the E break and the shifter is lushious. When i baught it every one of of my friends said it was a sexy beast I love this car.

Featured Services for this Saturn L300